Ederson?!!

He is under contract…A contract we would have to let him out of for him to go, so technically he does owe the club something. The powers that be can decide whether they want to cash out. We will see if Pep tries to convince him to stay.
You said it yourself, "technically." How often does.City tell a player they absolutely can't leave if an acceptable offer comes in for them.

Don't act the kid who used to get beaten up at school with the "technically he does owe the club something." Or are you relatively new to City and don't understand how we try to accommodate our players?

Look at the EUROs. Most keepers today are strong with their feet. It's nothing special anymore, but standard. Eddie's influence on our game is romantically overrated on here, IMO. Forgive me.

I expect Eddie to leave, Stefan to be #1 and another surprise #2 to be presented out of the box.
Hmmm I think there is a significant drop when Stefan plays. He just doesn't attempt the kind of passes Ederson does. Stefan passes to the back four, Ederson passes into midfield.

Stefan is a fine keeper though and we will adjust to life if Ederson leaves - probably have less head in hand moments but I think his passing is hugely underrated and we may have a few months of people moaning our build up is far too slow

To be clear, who wouldn't want to see us get good money in IF they were to leave! I just don't think we will. Debruyne has a year left on his contract. And has been asking for a big money offer from saudi two summers now. No way they pay 100m for him when he'll still want that next year, possibly even more being 34 then. No way we insist on anything big either.

The only player I ever saw us put our foot down and set a high price for, was Sane. Everyone else, was fair and reasonable, on the buying club. Some were outright low end of the scale.

I am just saying, don't run away with expectations.
Agree I’m not going into this with high expectations. I think KDB will bring Salah like interest and we will get lowballed on Ederson but get back what we paid for him.

Our transfer strategy around Europe includes sell on %, buy backs, first refusal etc. all attached to the deals whereas these two will just be give us money.

We have sold low on several occasions though but I think it’s situational. As in if a player isn’t needed/wanted clubs know they can get them cheaper and string us along.

Our team in 2011/12 (most appearances):-
  • Joe Hart
  • Micah Richards
  • Vincent Kompany
  • Joleon Lescott
  • Gael Clichy
  • David Silva
  • Yaya Toure
  • Gareth Barry
  • James Milner
  • Samir Nasri
  • Sergio Aguero

Our Team in 2023/24 (most appearances):-
  • Ederson
  • Kyle Walker
  • Ruben Dias
  • Manuel Akanji
  • Nathan Ake
  • Rodri
  • Mateo Kovacic
  • Bernado Silva
  • Julian Alvarez
  • Phil Foden
  • Erling Haaland
So as you can see players come and go and nobody is indispensable, I am sure the Club will be planning ahead for departures and looking at replacement or promotion for academy players.

Walker, De Bruyne, Ederson,Kovacic and Stones are all in their 30's and Bernado and Ake will all follow suit during the next season, these players will need replacements sooner rather than later.

It's amazing how we don't seem to be able to get a decent price for our player yet pay top dollar for scrap like Philips and Nunes. Mind boggling.
I don't know why people keeping saying this because it's simply not true. We do get money for players that never even kicked a ball for us!

Along with getting seriously good money for other first team players

Sterling £55m
Jesus £50m
Zinchenko £30m
Harrison £10m
Angelino £16m
Ferran Torres £50m
Harwood Bellis £20m
Mahrez £35m

That's just off the top of my head.

Agree I’m not going into this with high expectations. I think KDB will bring Salah like interest and we will get lowballed on Ederson but get back what we paid for him.

Our transfer strategy around Europe includes sell on %, buy backs, first refusal etc. all attached to the deals whereas these two will just be give us money.

We have sold low on several occasions though but I think it’s situational. As in if a player isn’t needed/wanted clubs know they can get them cheaper and string us along.
It's like the situation with Douglas Luis. I don't know how much we sold him for but we got a nice chunk of change from his sell on clause this week.

Our team in 2011/12 (most appearances):-
  • Joe Hart
  • Micah Richards
  • Vincent Kompany
  • Joleon Lescott
  • Gael Clichy
  • David Silva
  • Yaya Toure
  • Gareth Barry
  • James Milner
  • Samir Nasri
  • Sergio Aguero

Our Team in 2023/24 (most appearances):-
  • Ederson
  • Kyle Walker
  • Ruben Dias
  • Manuel Akanji
  • Nathan Ake
  • Rodri
  • Mateo Kovacic
  • Bernado Silva
  • Julian Alvarez
  • Phil Foden
  • Erling Haaland
So as you can see players come and go and nobody is indispensable, I am sure the Club will be planning ahead for departures and looking at replacement or promotion for academy players.

Walker, De Bruyne, Ederson,Kovacic and Stones are all in their 30's and Bernado and Ake will all follow suit during the next season, these players will need replacements sooner rather than later.
What a game it would be those 2 sides going at each other in their primes :)

We've been truly blessed, thank you Shiekh Monsour :)

Hmmm I think there is a significant drop when Stefan plays. He just doesn't attempt the kind of passes Ederson does. Stefan passes to the back four, Ederson passes into midfield.

Stefan is a fine keeper though and we will adjust to life if Ederson leaves - probably have less head in hand moments but I think his passing is hugely underrated and we may have a few months of people moaning our build up is far too slow
Massive drop - look at the Cup Final that first goal doesn’t go in with Ederson in goal
He is number 1 for a reason

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.