Ederson?!!

Agreed and people are now doing the same thing with Ortega.

Every goalkeeper has a mistake in them. It goes with the territory.
I like Ortega he is very good I’m glad he has resigned but in my opinion there is a significant drop off from Ederson
The team is weaker without a doubt again only my opinion
It’s obviously Pep the greatest manager ever who decides who plays and he has chosen Ederson as number 1 so I suggest I’ve backed the right horse

Not at all but so many disregard and disrespect his ability
The guy is phenomenal
I think most people on this forum want Ederson to stay and I don't think Pep has any desire to sell him either
The situation is that a team from Saudi Arabia are showing an interest with a supposed incredible offer to Ederson.
Its that good that Ederson could accept it and City probably won't stand in his way
Whether you think people are showing disrespect is irrelevant.
If Ederson goes , we need to get as big a fee as we can whilst buying a keeper, either as a no 1 or a back up.

I like Ortega he is very good I’m glad he has resigned but in my opinion there is a significant drop off from Ederson
The team is weaker without a doubt again only my opinion
It’s obviously Pep the greatest manager ever who decides who plays and he has chosen Ederson as number 1 so I suggest I’ve backed the right horse

I'm 50/50.

I'll be devastated if Ederson leaves and suspect we will be weaker for it but I don't know how much of that is sentimental.

It's impossible to tell right now how much the tradeoff between shot stopping ability and distribution will impact our success on the pitch.

And, on that last point, Pep was reportedly close to dropping Ederson for Ortega two seasons ago, until Ederson hit form in the second half of the season and played a huge part in our Champions League run.

Even this season, Pep has been more than happy to play Ortega when Ederson is even slightly hurt. Back in the early days, Ederson was starting games three days after being stretchered off in a neck brace.

That, coupled with the fact that we're clearly open to him leaving for the right price, suggests to me that Pep is very, very comfortable with Ortega being between the sticks.

Don’t think they would pay much more than £40 mill for Ederson,if that. Not sure where this £100 mill for KDB comes from either, can’t see us getting that either, they could wait a year and get him for nothing don’t think they have any great urgency for him. Don’t think he goes though, Ederson not sure.
Nobody will part with a 100 million for Kev not even the Saudis. Ederson could easily go and make a windfall. He is young enough to return to Europe in a few years and finish his career at a top club.

Massive drop - look at the Cup Final that first goal doesn’t go in with Ederson in goal
He is number 1 for a reason
Look at the save in the dying minutes at Spurs not sure Ederson saves that and maybe we don't get four in a row. Ortega has shiped far to much blame for his role in that Cup Final goal. I don't want Eddie to leave but if he wants to make a fortune in the Middle East so be it and like the departure of previous greats we move on.

Don’t think they would pay much more than £40 mill for Ederson,if that. Not sure where this £100 mill for KDB comes from either, can’t see us getting that either, they could wait a year and get him for nothing don’t think they have any great urgency for him. Don’t think he goes though, Ederson not sure.
We don't have to sell Ederson though. And if we do it should be on our terms that we command an acceptable fee. The reputed 30M fee offered is nowhere near enough for a world class keeper under contract. It's time we got tough on clubs trying to low ball us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.