Ederson

30m fee maybe a little low but I don't think its far off the mark. I'd be happier seeing 40-45m come in but some of the people thinking Eddy is worth 70m+ are out to lunch. Far off the mark in evaluating the goalie market.

And Ortega is fully capable of performing at the level Ederson has provided over the last season. Maybe even higher when given the reigns to the number 1 role. Don't be so pessimistic lads.
When you consider what Allison went for then on that basis he's worth £80m as he is far better than him. Would also be a massive risk to start the season with Ortega as number 1.

Would be an absolute emabarassment if we let him leave for £30m given his age and ability.

When you consider what Allison went for then on that basis he's worth £80m as he is far better than him. Would also be a massive risk to start the season with Ortega as number 1.

Would be an absolute emabarassment if we let him leave for £30m given his age and ability.
It’s Ridiculous, we have him under contract, simple business days you demand not ask for, 50 mil at minimum and refuse to talk otherwise. If they don’t pay you say, sorry Eddie, we aren’t a charity, and you are under contract. Saudis literally have no excuse to lie ball us. We are weak if he goes for less than 50. I’d be embarrassed

It’s Ridiculous, we have him under contract, simple business days you demand not ask for, 50 mil at minimum and refuse to talk otherwise. If they don’t pay you say, sorry Eddie, we aren’t a charity, and you are under contract. Saudis literally have no excuse to lie ball us. We are weak if he goes for less than 50. I’d be embarrassed
Embarrassed, really. In the end the club will do what they do. We’ll be fine. Being embarrassed or overly worried about it it is daft. We’re in good hands

We had Eddie this season and I felt our play and build up was slow, boring and passive a lot of the time. What we lose in our play we may gain in not conceding with the first shot at our goal. Love Eddie but if he has thrown his toys out the pram and wants to play over there at the age of 30 then thanks and goodbye.
Don't think he has thrown his toys out. Someone is just willing to pay him significantly more than we are. And he may be choosing a better financial decision. I can't fault that.

He has won everything here already. More likely than not, we'd be spending the next 2 years looking for his replacement anyway. If rather he leaves a year early happy with his time here from beginning to end and leaving on his own accord, rather than getting the Hart treatment next year or the year after.

If he goes, he goes!

No of course not. I am not arguing 'worth'. Just what I expect the club to accept. Like they did with Laporte, Mahrez, and other players they let go for a 'fair' value. I don't like it, but I think people are in for a big surprise with these expectations of 100m for KdB and 65m for Eddie.
KDB is 33 with a year left in his Contract. He can walk free next season. Expect nothing more than 30 million for him. Eddy, I'd have pegged at 35 to 45 million.

Transfermarket lists Eddie’s value at 35 million

I’m surprised the number is that low considering goaltenders can play until an advanced age.
Yeah, that's about where I had is value. Young Keepers with long contracts have higher value.

And Eddt is neither young nor has a long contract. He is just a great goalie. That to me is 35 to 45 million max

Since this is happening... Can we register my interest in Costa as a replacement?

Love that goalie :)

Yeah, that's about where I had is value. Young Keepers with long contracts have higher value.

And Eddt is neither young nor has a long contract. He is just a great goalie. That to me is 35 to 45 million max
Been working this way for a decade surprised at some of the value people think we'll tell him to bring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.