Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
Baka Sliskovic said:
Damocles said:
What were these 4 "great" games Dzeko had before Cardiff?

I don't even think he's had 4 great games this season and not many more than that in his entire City career.

I think beeing PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT ( 2 games ) MAN OF THE MATCH and Barclays MOTM can ge considered as a great game. Dont you ??

I don't think pre-season performances count for much, do you?

Dzeko had 4 great games. One solid. Scored opener vs Cardiff and one bad 45 min ( vs Hull ). Many people would argue it was damn quick, ( to threw him away in next 10 games ) especially if he is so proved and good player which Dzeko is/was.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:01 am --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
The way I see it, we'll play something like 55 competitive games a season. We'll usually start with 2 strikers and have one on the bench, who will generally come on at some point. So that's a total of 165 striker appearances over a season. Even with 4 strikers, that's an average of 40 appearances each, which is pretty much the going rate for a striker.

I really HOPE the same. Rotate a little Pellegrini. Not one to play cup games and bottom side league games. And other all derbies ( 6 ) and further CL games.
Dzeko is toooooo good to be used only as cup games player and few bottom side league games.
I still hope he will rotate more in the second half of PL and CL.

Baka Sliskovic said:
aguero93:20 said:
You still haven't answered about Bobby last year, 23 games started 22 as sub and pellegrini is using him as a sub more????

Look he did play more PL games. Anyway. For me personally Negredo is great player. I agree 100% with yours describeing of him. I do think that at least 98 % fans likes Dzeko as any other player. I dont think managers dislikes Dzeko in any way. But I DO THINK that he threw Dzeko on the bench after first bad 45 min. It was to quick and not accident. And more importantelly he did not gave him chance to shine in next 10 games. By doing so he gave other player which Dzeko is fighting for the same spot adventage of playing 10 games in a row. And IT DOES MEAN A LOT in a game of football. ( Just look at Adebayor now and under AVB ). He should gave 5 game each. And the same again. Until he found up who is better individually. Not to give one 2,5 games and other 10 most important games in a row.. It was making it easier for the second one to shine.
The presumption that Dzeko is/was only here for 18 monthes and would leave and other striker should be here for longer period of time was also wrong. If Dzeko have had great season this year he could as well sign a new contract.
10 games, do you want to back that up with some proof?

MCFCinUSA said:
I don't know where people have been, but without Edin we would never have won the League..

through thick & thin he puts in his shift and is a player who is firmly grounded; not flashy & not a prima donna.. yet for some reason he seems to come in for an inordinate amount of stick (although on a forum like this you'll always have the swooning Victorian Ladies)

he fulfills an important role in our squad very well; I'm glad we've got him.

He played very well last night, but this is bollocks.
He got/gets stick because we know he is a good player but rarely shows it, hopefully he has turned a corner, if so, he will get the full backing of City fans.

Good game for Edin last night, albeit against a makeshift defence. Remember when Mick McCarthy singed Roger Johnson for Wolves after Birmingham eventually went down. He was atrocious when we got them in the cup after the 6-1 and not much better last night.

Favourite big for Dzeko was when he had a rant at O'Brien. Thought he was going to get in his face if and when he scored, but he didn't he kept his cool.

Think he know's Sergio's return is imminent and he's getting his finger out.

Pre-season is all about building fitness, I don't think too much stock can be taken by who is performing well, and who isn't. Negredo was using pre-season to familiarise himself with new teammates, and a new way of playing, Dzeko had been here for 2.5 years so didn't have to concern himself with much of that, making performing well a fair bit easier (plus he wasn't involved with the Confederations Cup).

I'll accept Dzeko played really well against Newcastle (for me he was MOTM in that game), and did ok, but nothing special, against Cardiff. He was poor against Hull though. I don't necessarily think Dzeko was so terrible that he lost his spot, I think Pellegrini, as is normal, started to rotate Dzeko and Negredo, and Negredo was playing extremely well. I think it was more a case of Negredo playing so well he forced Pellegrini to give him more gametime as opposed to Dzeko being so poor he was punished with less gametime. Once he started to be sub more than starter however Dzeko's attitude and performances suffered, thus making it difficult to justify playign him over Negredo.

As for last night's game against West Ham, I thought Dzeko played very well indeed. Negredo however also had a great game. It was the first time I've seen them work as a partnership and thought it looked like something we would benefit from. The whole display last night, whether it be Dzeko's, Negredo's or anyone elses, needs to be tempered slightly as West Ham were simply awful. We played very well, but we were made to look even better by probably the worst display at the Etihad I've seen in a long time, even more so than the 7-0 Norwich performance.

Last night proved Dzeko is capable of excellent performances. However it also proved that Negredo is capable of excellent performances too, and we all know Aguero is capable of excellence. So, when it comes to who we play when all 3 are available it must come down to playing styles and consistency. On both counts Aguero and Negredo are better fits for City than Dzeko, which is why he's found himself as 3rd choice. It's more a commentary on the sheer quality of our striking options than a dig at Dzeko's abilities. In many other teams he'd be a regular starter, however given the options City have available to them he isn't able to start as often for us.

cleavers said:
Baka Sliskovic said:
Mourinho and Wenger would give anything to have just ONE striker like Dzeko, or Dzeko himself !!!!
Of course they would, but tell us again, why exactly should City sell a good striker to either club, just to help Bosnia in the world cup ?

I dont want Dzeko to be sold that much. I want City to have BEST season in PL and CL EVER. If it is possible in other two cups , even better. But the main target should be PL title and getting past Barcelona.
But when you have such a great player. Who did help City winning his tittle in more than one occesion/games. A player who could walk in to any PL team besided Manchester United and probably Liverpool. It is just not right. To give a player with such potential ( and which had helped club so much ) just cup games and bottom side PL games. It is considered by manyyyyy great managers, players as not allowing a player to live to his potentials. All of them would use much stronger word. He can not motivate him self 100% if he does not have any chance to be in the first team. And play only lower ranked games. But on other side he knows that he is good enough to be in 95 % of all the teams in Europe. As theirs Main man.
Dzeko likes Manchester City very much. It is obvious. Have potential to be very usefull. He just needs to feel important and loved. And he will be Dzeko from Wolfsburg. Why was he so good last night. Similar to his Wolfsburg time. I think he was so pissed after that fight. That he did not think about other things which bothers him and think only about game to show them all. He was having quality all the time in him ( class ). He just needs to bring it OUT of him. It can be done only by games ( not just cup games ) !!!!!!!!!

Baka Sliskovic said:
cleavers said:
Baka Sliskovic said:
Mourinho and Wenger would give anything to have just ONE striker like Dzeko, or Dzeko himself !!!!
Of course they would, but tell us again, why exactly should City sell a good striker to either club, just to help Bosnia in the world cup ?

I dont want Dzeko to be sold that much. I want City to have BEST season in PL and CL EVER. If it is possible in other two cups , even better. But the main target should be PL title and getting past Barcelona.
But when you have such a great player. Who did help City winning his tittle in more than one occesion/games. A player who could walk in to any PL team besided Manchester United and probably Liverpool. It is just not right. To give a player with such potential ( and which had helped club so much ) just cup games and bottom side PL games. It is considered by manyyyyy great managers, players as not allowing a player to live to his potentials. All of them would use much stronger word. He can not motivate him self 100% if he does not have any chance to be in the first team. And play only lower ranked games. But on other side he knows that he is good enough to be in 95 % of all the teams in Europe.
Dzeko likes Manchester City very much. It is obvious. Have potential to be very usefull. He just needs to feal important and loved. And he will be Dzeko from Wolfsburg. Why was he so good last night. like his Wolfsburg time. I think he was so pissed after that fight. That he did not think about other things which bothers him and think only about game to show them all. He was having quality all times in him ( class ). He just needs to bring it OUT of him. It can be done only by games ( not just cup games ) !!!!!!!!!

Why do you think that is, could it be that there are two better all round strikers at the club?

pominoz said:
Baka Sliskovic said:
cleavers said:

But when you have such a great player. Who did help City winning his tittle in more than one occesion/games. A player who could walk in to any PL team besided Manchester United and probably Liverpool. It is just not right. To give a player with such potential ( and which had helped club so much ) just cup games and bottom side PL games. It is considered by manyyyyy great managers, players as not allowing a player to live to his potentials. All of them would use much stronger word. He can not motivate him self 100% if he does not have any chance to be in the first team. And play only lower ranked games. But on other side he knows that he is good enough to be in 95 % of all the teams in Europe.
Dzeko likes Manchester City very much. It is obvious. Have potential to be very usefull. He just needs to feal important and loved. And he will be Dzeko from Wolfsburg. Why was he so good last night. like his Wolfsburg time. I think he was so pissed after that fight. That he did not think about other things which bothers him and think only about game to show them all. He was having quality all times in him ( class ). He just needs to bring it OUT of him. It can be done only by games ( not just cup games ) !!!!!!!!!

Why do you think that is, could it be that there are two better all round strikers at the club?
No, Baka thinks there's an agenda against Dzeko, the most common and prevalent symptoms are an obsessive desire to dress opinion as hard fact while ignoring proof to the contrary and continual leaps of faith inspired by self contradiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.