Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baka Sliskovic said:
aguero93:20 said:
No, Baka thinks there's an agenda against Dzeko, the most common and prevalent symptoms are an obsessive desire to dress opinion as hard fact while ignoring proof to the contrary and continual leaps of faith inspired by self contradiction.

No i dont. I STILL thinks when manager have two as good players as Dzeko and Negredo are. He should give both of them similar amount of PL games ( each 10 ) and similar in other cup games like Mancini had done and manyyy other great managers. After first half of the season you should pair the better one ( which could be proven to be Negredo ) with first striker Aguero. ( typical small/big striker combination ). Even with Dzekos bad 45 min. And even with Negredos some great games. Dzeko should be given more chances.
As for that 10 PL games in ROW for Negredo which you have asked me twice. They are:
( 45 min Hull, Stoke ( average game ), Manchester United, Aston Villa ( average game ), Everton, West Hame ( average game ), Norwich, Sunderland ( average game ), Tottenham, Swansea ).
It is 9.5 PL games in a ROW as starter. At Stoke-away, Aston VIlla-away, West Ham-away and Sunderland-away he vas average. He did not score one single goal in that four games. But manager was still puting his trust in him and did not want to rotate with Dzeko ??
In this times he had also played two most important CL games against CSKA. which was biggest Citys opponent for second place. Bayern was regarded as a bonus game from the start. And Plzen is to weak team anyway.
Only after that row of 10 games Dzeko got his PL chance as a starter vs WBA.
The gap from bad 45 min against HULL and that game VS WBA was too big. Dzeko should of be given some chances to impress before. If that was in any kind of plan ?? Negredo was not great at least in that four games.
Have i made myself more understandable Aguero 93:20.

No. He shouldn't have been given a chance before WBA. Why? Manuel Pellegrini decided he shouldn't.

Is it starting to sink in yet?

Matty said:
Pre-season is all about building fitness, I don't think too much stock can be taken by who is performing well, and who isn't. Negredo was using pre-season to familiarise himself with new teammates, and a new way of playing, Dzeko had been here for 2.5 years so didn't have to concern himself with much of that, making performing well a fair bit easier (plus he wasn't involved with the Confederations Cup).

I'll accept Dzeko played really well against Newcastle (for me he was MOTM in that game), and did ok, but nothing special, against Cardiff. He was poor against Hull though. I don't necessarily think Dzeko was so terrible that he lost his spot, I think Pellegrini, as is normal, started to rotate Dzeko and Negredo, and Negredo was playing extremely well. I think it was more a case of Negredo playing so well he forced Pellegrini to give him more gametime as opposed to Dzeko being so poor he was punished with less gametime. Once he started to be sub more than starter however Dzeko's attitude and performances suffered, thus making it difficult to justify playign him over Negredo.

As for last night's game against West Ham, I thought Dzeko played very well indeed. Negredo however also had a great game. It was the first time I've seen them work as a partnership and thought it looked like something we would benefit from. The whole display last night, whether it be Dzeko's, Negredo's or anyone elses, needs to be tempered slightly as West Ham were simply awful. We played very well, but we were made to look even better by probably the worst display at the Etihad I've seen in a long time, even more so than the 7-0 Norwich performance.

Last night proved Dzeko is capable of excellent performances. However it also proved that Negredo is capable of excellent performances too, and we all know Aguero is capable of excellence. So, when it comes to who we play when all 3 are available it must come down to playing styles and consistency. On both counts Aguero and Negredo are better fits for City than Dzeko, which is why he's found himself as 3rd choice. It's more a commentary on the sheer quality of our striking options than a dig at Dzeko's abilities. In many other teams he'd be a regular starter, however given the options City have available to them he isn't able to start as often for us.

While I do not agree with everything said in this post, it is very well thought out and presented clearly. I can not say the same for a majority of the more recent posts. For what it is worth, I have been frustrated with the lack of playing time for Dzeko, but even more frustrated by the amount of abuse he gets. I understand the reasons for the abuse, as well as the lack of playing time (perceived lack of effort/incredible play from Aguero and Negredo), but I think some supporters need something to complain about and have latched on to Dzeko because it is somewhat in fashion to do so. I am very happy to be able to look to the bench and see him ready to come on when the match is in the balance. He scores goals, everyone, and stays out of trouble.

Baka Sliskovic said:
Look he did play more PL games. Anyway. For me personally Negredo is great player. I agree 100% with yours describeing of him. I do think that at least 98 % fans likes Dzeko as any other player. I dont think managers dislikes Dzeko in any way. But I DO THINK that he threw Dzeko on the bench after first bad 45 min. It was to quick and not accident. And more importantelly he did not gave him chance to shine in next 10 games. By doing so he gave other player which Dzeko is fighting for the same spot adventage of playing 10 games in a row. And IT DOES MEAN A LOT in a game of football. ( Just look at Adebayor now and under AVB ). He should gave 5 game each. And the same again. Until he found up who is better individually. Not to give one 2,5 games and other 10 most important games in a row.. It was making it easier for the second one to shine.
The presumption that Dzeko is/was only here for 18 monthes and would leave and other striker should be here for longer period of time was also wrong. If Dzeko have had great season this year he could as well sign a new contract.
10 games, do you want to back that up with some proof?
So, after the hull game when he was dropped for 10 games in a row

Aug 31 FT Manchester City 2-0 Hull City 46,903 Premier League
Sep 14 FT Stoke City 0-0 Manchester City 25,052 Premier League (no dzeko)
Sep 17 FT Viktoria Plzen 0-3 Manchester City 11,000 UEFA Champions League (2013 First Phase) (dzeko started)
Sep 22 FT Manchester City 4-1 Manchester United 47,156 Premier League (no dzeko)
Sep 24 FT Manchester City 5-0 Wigan Athletic 25,519 Capital One Cup (Round 3) (dzeko started)
Sep 28 FT Aston Villa 3-2 Manchester City 34,063 Premier League (dzeko started)
Oct 2 FT Manchester City 1-3 Bayern Munich 48,000 UEFA Champions League (2013 First Phase) (dzeko started)
Oct 5 FT Manchester City 3-1 Everton 47,267 Premier League (no dzeko)
Oct 19 FT West Ham United 1-3 Manchester City 34,507 Premier League (no dzeko)
Oct 23 FT CSKA Moscow 1-2 Manchester City 6,000 UEFA Champions League (2013 First Phase) (20 mins as sub)
Oct 27 FT Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City 41,495 Premier League (no dzeko)
Ignored for 10 games in a row, fucking terrible, #Pellegriniout

Ouch!!

Baka Sliskovic said:
No, Baka thinks there's an agenda against Dzeko, the most common and prevalent symptoms are an obsessive desire to dress opinion as hard fact while ignoring proof to the contrary and continual leaps of faith inspired by self contradiction.

No i dont. I STILL thinks when manager have two as good players as Dzeko and Negredo are. He should give both of them similar amount of PL games ( each 10 ) and similar in other cup games like Mancini had done and manyyy other great managers. After first half of the season you should pair the better one ( which could be proven to be Negredo ) with first striker Aguero. ( typical small/big striker combination ). Even with Dzekos bad 45 min. And even with Negredos some great games. Dzeko should be given more chances.
As for that 10 PL games in ROW for Negredo which you have asked me twice. They are:
( 45 min Hull, Stoke ( average game ), Manchester United, Aston Villa ( average game ), Everton, West Hame ( average game ), Norwich, Sunderland ( average game ), Tottenham, Swansea ).
It is 9.5 PL games in a ROW as starter. At Stoke-away, Aston VIlla-away, West Ham-away and Sunderland-away he vas average. He did not score one single goal in that four games. But manager was still puting his trust in him and did not want to rotate with Dzeko ??
In this times he had also played two most important CL games against CSKA. which was biggest Citys opponent for second place. Bayern was regarded as a bonus game from the start. And Plzen is to weak team anyway.
The gap from bad 45 min against HULL and that game VS WBA was too big. Dzeko should of be given some chances to impress before. If that was in any kind of plan ?? Negredo was not great at least in that four games.
It's called squad rotation Baka, Dzeko has gotten plenty of games, now you're just making yourself look silly, I've already proved you wrong on the ten games thing, do you want me to put up another post on how many Negredo featured in? I will.

Dzeko is never going to have the touch of a Silva or the work rate of a Negredo per say. Even when he has been at his absolute best, not everything comes off for him. But one thing he does is score goals. He hasn't had a lot of game time this year and already has 12 goals to his name and I think that is a decent return. Sometimes Dzeko is frustrating, but he is by no means a shit player and doesn't deserve half the stick he gets on here at times. A run in the team with Aguero out seems to have done him some good, hopefully when the inevitable happens and Aguero comes back in the team, he can keep his morale high and not have a sulk.

Blue Elmo said:
Dzeko is never going to have the touch of a Silva or the work rate of a Negredo per say. Even when he has been at his absolute best, not everything comes off for him. But one thing he does is score goals. He hasn't had a lot of game time this year and already has 12 goals to his name and I think that is a decent return. Sometimes Dzeko is frustrating, but he is by no means a shit player and doesn't deserve half the stick he gets on here at times. A run in the team with Aguero out seems to have done him some good, hopefully when the inevitable happens and Aguero comes back in the team, he can keep his morale high and not have a sulk.

This. But you have to realise that the abuse he gets on here is often because of the nonsense that comes out of the mouth of the Bosnian fanboys.

bugsyblue said:
Blue Elmo said:

This. But you have to realise that the abuse he gets on here is often because of the nonsense that comes out of the mouth of the Bosnian fanboys.

Understandable, but it is not Dzeko's fault he has idiots for countrymen.

Aug 31 FT Manchester City 2-0 Hull City 46,903 Premier League Negredo on bench, came on for underperforming dzeko, scored)
Sep 14 FT Stoke City 0-0 Manchester City 25,052 Premier League (Negredo started)
Sep 17 FT Viktoria Plzen 0-3 Manchester City 11,000 UEFA Champions League (2013 First Phase) (Negredo gets last 7 mins as sub)
Sep 22 FT Manchester City 4-1 Manchester United 47,156 Premier League (Negredo started)
Sep 24 FT Manchester City 5-0 Wigan Athletic 25,519 Capital One Cup (Round 3) (Negredo gets last 10 mins as sub)
Sep 28 FT Aston Villa 3-2 Manchester City 34,063 Premier League (both played)
Oct 2 FT Manchester City 1-3 Bayern Munich 48,000 UEFA Champions League (2013 First Phase) Negredo on bench, came on for underperforming dzeko with 30 mins left, scored)
Oct 5 FT Manchester City 3-1 Everton 47,267 Premier League (Negredo started)
Oct 19 FT West Ham United 1-3 Manchester City 34,507 Premier League (Negredo started)
Oct 23 FT CSKA Moscow 1-2 Manchester City 6,000 UEFA Champions League (2013 First Phase) (Negredo started)
Oct 27 FT Chelsea 2-1 Manchester City 41,495 Premier League (Negredo gets last 3 mins as sub)
manages to add 5 starts together and get 9.5, delusion strong in this one is.

Blue Elmo said:

He does deserve the stick he gets on here, as we can see on occasions what a great player he can be.

Baka Sliskovic said:

It's called squad rotation Baka, Dzeko has gotten plenty of games, now you're just making yourself look silly, I've already proved you wrong on the ten games thing, do you want me to put up another post on how many Negredo featured in? I will.

Silly or not silly. You can like it or not. This was EXACT 10 PL GAMES IN A ROW ( or 9.5 games as a PL STARTER ). + two most important CL games ( CSKA ). Dzeko have got lower cup games ( playing with Garcia and other players wanted to prove they are good enough for the first 11. With not so good suply Negredo was getting from SIlva,Nasri and Yaya ). But Negredo in that 9,5 games played with TOP of the TOP. Yaya,Nasri, Silva and all the best. That 9.5 PL games in a ROW was too much. It was making one player easier to impress. He was not ROTATING in PL GAMES ???? is it so hard to undesrtand. Was he doing it by mistake or on purpose is not important anymore. It is to late now. HE gave one player 9,5 PL games in a row as a starter, and other cup games with mostly players like Garcia. It is really SIMPLE. Facts dont lie.
I hope he will give him more PL and CL time to impress in second half of the season. Because he seems to not allow him to go in for instance Arsenal. ( and I dont agree that Arsenal is not a club who can win titles, trophies Inter, Milan, Dormuntd now and Bayern or Chelsea 1,2 years before also ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.