Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
You've conveniently missed the Chelsea away game there, woops.....

At Chelsea game Negredo only played 3,4 min. And Dzeko did not played at all. It is the only game which was left out.
I meant what i have said. Negredo Played 9 PL STARTS in a row. + 45 min Hull game. Dzeko 2 PL STARTS + 45 min of Hull game.

aguero93:20 said:
Baka Sliskovic said:

Dzekos 2,5 PL starts in a row ( Newcastle, Cardiff City, 45 min Hull City )
Negredos 9,5 PL starts in a row ( Hull City 45 min ( 1/2) and 9 games in a row: Stoke, United, Villa,Everton,West Ham,Norwich, Sunderland, Tottenham, Swansea ).

Pure fact. There you have 9 straight PL games in a row as a STARTER. The game which is (1/2). Is a Hull City game where they both have played 45 min each. If we forgot that Hull game. It is still Dzeko ( 2 PL games ) in a row and Negredo ( 9 PL games ) in a row.
Considering it was start of the season where managers usually rotate more than in second. IT WAS NOT ROTATION IN PL GAMES.
It is maybe hard for you to understand that Pellegrini is not without mistakes. But you just can not say that those 9 games are not true ??

by Manchester1894 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:28 pm
Put it this way, if we give Dzeko all the games YOU want which may be at the expense of the beast or Kun, then it would a less entertaining forward line. Super sub and 3rd striker is good enough for me

Now Dzeko would not play at the expense of Kun. Dzeko should be rotated with Negredo. And than play better no9 striker in second half of the season with best no10 striker Kun.

Anyway. I think maybe that my timing was not the best. After such a great victory. My intentions were not to provoke any fans after such a good game. So I apologise if any found themselfs provoked. But the numbers I have gave here are 100% correct. Facts dont lie.
Many managers have their preferences or do mistakes one or another through the season/s.
You've conveniently missed the Chelsea away game there, woops.....
Plus rotation is rotation, it doesn't matter which games you play and which you don't, mixed in with those 10 Premier League games we had Capital One Cup games, and Champion's League games. Dzeko started home and away to Bayern, he started in Plzen as well. I'm not sure why there is this obsession with the Premier League and starts, and certainly not away games.

Alvaro Negredo has proven himself as a worthy starter...Dzeko just needs to keep putting in the shift and I believe he will get his starts as well based on the results. There are plenty of games to play for.

Can we end this endless debate now???

Matty said:
Plus rotation is rotation, it doesn't matter which games you play and which you don't, mixed in with those 10 Premier League games we had Capital One Cup games, and Champion's League games. Dzeko started home and away to Bayern, he started in Plzen as well. I'm not sure why there is this obsession with the Premier League and starts, and certainly not away games.

Ok I agree. We should agree to have diffirent opinion on managers tactics. But we have THE SAME opinon on Dzeko flaws. And what he should improve in his game. I think it is better than nothing.
I hope that Dzeko will get enough quality games. It would be good for him and for the Club also. Not only cup games and bottom sides PL games.
I do not want to repeat myself anymore. But some here should know. That playing mostly PL games ( with best squad, Silva, Nasri,Yaya ) and mostly cup games with weaker teammates is not THE SAME.<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:41 pm --<br /><br />
BosnianDiamond said:
Alvaro Negredo has proven himself as a worthy starter...Dzeko just needs to keep putting in the shift and I believe he will get his starts as well based on the results. There are plenty of games to play for.

I agree. Lets hope you are right, on starts.
Time will tell.

Baka Sliskovic said:
Matty said:

Ok I agree. We should agree to have diffirent opinion on managers tactics. But we have THE SAME opinon on Dzeko flaws. And what he should improve in his game. I think it is better than nothing.
I hope that Dzeko will get enough quality games. It would be good for him and for the Club also. Not only cup games and bottom sides PL games.
I do not want to repeat myself anymore. But some here should know. That playing mostly PL games ( with best squad, Silva, Nasri,Yaya ) and mostly cup games with weaker teammates is not THE SAME.

In most cases I'd suggest we fielded a very strong side in the Champion's League games.

From the smug, disingenuous AntiUnited to Baka telling us all that Dzeko gets no game time, all following a game we won 6-0 and Dzeko scored twice and got an assist. Thank God it wasn't him who scored the hat trick last night.

Baka I don't understand your mindset, you come across as obsessed with Dzeko and you are so narrow minded that you can't understand that we have Kun Aguero, Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic in the squad too. Your mindset is completely wrong, you see Negredo as competition to Dzeko when in fact he is helping him find his form again and is only a good thing for Edin and Bosnia's world cup chances. You twist statistics and facts to favour your argument against Manuel Pelligrini and make Dzeko look like the victim. The reason that Edin is now our third choice striker and dropped following the early season games is because Negredo came on as a sub and scored in almost every game, he outperformed Dzeko so how could it be fair to carry on starting with Edin when there was a better player on the bench? Tell me that. Even with this Dzeko has had plenty of game time and a chance to prove himself, and over Sergio's injury and more specifically that last few games he's started to do that. As for your constant pushing of him being transferred I'm shocked you're still allowed to post on this forum.

Puppet Master Silva said:
From the smug, disingenuous AntiUnited to Baka telling us all that Dzeko gets no game time, all following a game we won 6-0 and Dzeko scored twice and got an assist. Thank God it wasn't him who scored the hat trick last night.
I often have to take a moment and remind myself that the player is often poorly represented by his most vocal fans. It's a shame because I really like the player.

Baka Sliskovic said:
Matty said:

I do not want to repeat myself anymore. But some here should know. That playing mostly PL games ( with best squad, Silva, Nasri,Yaya ) and mostly cup games with weaker teammates is not THE SAME.

-- Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:41 pm --

BosnianDiamond said:

I agree. Lets hope you are right, on starts.
Time will tell.

Can some one please ban this $%#, please :)

I think the performances since the Bayern game showcase that Edin's quality improves the more he plays. Mancini was right when he said Dzeko is a type of player who needs consistent football.

Similar can be said for some other players on the squad. Kolarov has been getting more time this season and has shown much higher level of quality than we were used to. Conversely Clichy has had some stinkers but then again he hasn't been playing as much.

I think one of the biggest disagreements on this board have been around the confusion between Dzeko not being in form vs. Dzeko's lack of ability. I think we mostly agree on all the other negatives regarding Dzeko. He doesn't have the industry of other strikers. But he's a natural goal scorer. Even though he constantly makes those runs (which don't always get noticed), his defensive contributions on set pieces often don't get noticed either.

I do think Aguero and Negredo is our superior pairing. Aguero is one of the top players in the world, and Negredo has been amazing so far. I just don't agree with the criticism Dzeko gets from some posters. He simply isn't a player who can be consistent when he's not getting consistent football. When he plays regularly his first touch and passing ability get better.

And I think he deserves little more understanding than he usually gets.

This thread is absolutely ridiculous but I just wanted to say that Dzeko was excellent last night, he looked keen to work with Negredo whereas in previous games I've felt he was trying to show he was better than Negredo. It was the first time they've worked well together and I think Dzeko's change in attitude had a huge influence on that so fair play to him.

Once he had the spat with O'Brien over the penalty/dive I knew he'd score, he can be a bit too nice at times and so making him angry brings out a physical side we don't normally see. He hunted down the ball and had an extra desire to score after that incident and the last goal was a stunning finish. Well played Edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.