Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kenzie115 said:
This thread is absolutely ridiculous but I just wanted to say that Dzeko was excellent last night, he looked keen to work with Negredo whereas in previous games I've felt he was trying to show he was better than Negredo. It was the first time they've worked well together and I think Dzeko's change in attitude had a huge influence on that so fair play to him.

Once he had the spat with O'Brien over the penalty/dive I knew he'd score, he can be a bit too nice at times and so making him angry brings out a physical side we don't normally see. He hunted down the ball and had an extra desire to score after that incident and the last goal was a stunning finish. Well played Edin.
He was superb, you're right it's a pity we lose sight of that sometimes.

kenzie115 said:
This thread is absolutely ridiculous but I just wanted to say that Dzeko was excellent last night, he looked keen to work with Negredo whereas in previous games I've felt he was trying to show he was better than Negredo. It was the first time they've worked well together and I think Dzeko's change in attitude had a huge influence on that so fair play to him.

Once he had the spat with O'Brien over the penalty/dive I knew he'd score, he can be a bit too nice at times and so making him angry brings out a physical side we don't normally see. He hunted down the ball and had an extra desire to score after that incident and the last goal was a stunning finish. Well played Edin.

Just watched the whole game, thanks Shady (was not shown here) and i agree, if he gets that fire in his belly, watch out.

noise said:
I think the performances since the Bayern game showcase that Edin's quality improves the more he plays. Mancini was right when he said Dzeko is a type of player who needs consistent football.

Similar can be said for some other players on the squad. Kolarov has been getting more time this season and has shown much higher level of quality than we were used to. Conversely Clichy has had some stinkers but then again he hasn't been playing as much.

I think one of the biggest disagreements on this board have been around the confusion between Dzeko not being in form vs. Dzeko's lack of ability. I think we mostly agree on all the other negatives regarding Dzeko. He doesn't have the industry of other strikers. But he's a natural goal scorer. Even though he constantly makes those runs (which don't always get noticed), his defensive contributions on set pieces often don't get noticed either.

I do think Aguero and Negredo is our superior pairing. Aguero is one of the top players in the world, and Negredo has been amazing so far. I just don't agree with the criticism Dzeko gets from some posters. He simply isn't a player who can be consistent when he's not getting consistent football. When he plays regularly his first touch and passing ability get better.

And I think he deserves little more understanding than he usually gets.

Consistency if what defines the top players. If Edin goes back into donkey mode after a bit if rotation then there's no hope for him at a top club. Hopefully he's turned a corner though and we get Newcastle/Munich/West Ham Dzeko for the rest of his City career, this thread would take a very different path if that were the case.

Pleased for him last night - you could see he was desperate for a goal after watching the beast notch 3 and he didn't let the couple of chances he missed get his head down. He was full of running and used his strength better than I've seen in a while. His 2 goals were superbly executed in their own way and were nothing less than he deserved. Well done Edin.

I feel that Dzeko's overall play and attitude has improved by leaps and bounds since last season if you guys havent alrdy noticed the difference.
He will definitely get his run of games now due to his improved partnership with Negredo. THEY are not competing for a place in our starting eleven, they are BOTH IN IT. Maybe some of you are worried Dzeko will "lose" his place in our lineup when Sergio returns, but who can predict the future? Both Dzeko and Negredo are doing well together and i am sure Pellegrini is not undiscerning. Sergio will have to fight for his place when he comes back. If you guys are convinced Dzeko is a world class PLAYER and the Bosnian hero, why be so pessimistic about his chances. If Dzeko is motivated and willing to give his all for the team, there is no reason for us not to sit back, relax and enjoy the performance. A fear of losing, of failure, is a fear of success and you will never win.

I've always thought Edin has been excellent for us. Sometimes his work rate is questionable, but he never complains about his sub status (unless he is asked) seems like an honest down to earth guy. And of course, his goal record speaks for itself.

Ed is a strong player and would be 1st choice striker in all but about 3 or perhaps 4 teams in all of Europe. But he is at Man City and for the moment, whilst it is clear that he is being given a run of games, because Kun is out, and that run is showing what he is capable of, when Kun comes back, Ed will go back to being 3rd choice striker, along with Jovetic (if he ever gets fit again!). And given the wealth of games that are on the table this season and hopefully in seasons to come, in all four competitions, Ed will always be needed for exactly the reason he is playing right now.

I like Ed - He could have scored 4 or 5 yesterday and was clearly enjoying his time on the pitch. As long as he is happy to carry on accepting that he is and will be 3rd choice, there is not anyone else I would rather have

Rotate with Negredo? Get real

Negredo is simply a class above Dzeko. He has all the attributes of a great striker that Edin can only dream of! He is strong, powerful and fast and most importantly has the 'football brain'!! NOT to mention his exquisite passing and finishing. It's his first Premier League season and his game will only get better unlike this Donkey need it a year and half to bed in. Rotate my arse*

Dzekolol said:
Rotate with Negredo? Get real

Negredo is simply a class above Dzeko. He has all the attributes of a great striker that Edin can only dream of! He is strong, powerful and fast and most importantly has the 'football brain'!! NOT to mention his exquisite passing and finishing. It's his first Premier League season and his game will only get better unlike this Donkey need it a year and half to bed in. Rotate my arse*

Sorry mate, I don't have the proper tool.

BosnianDiamond said:
Alvaro Negredo has proven himself as a worthy starter...Dzeko just needs to keep putting in the shift and I believe he will get his starts as well based on the results. There are plenty of games to play for.

Can we end this endless debate now???

I agree with you. If only Baka would loosen up a bit. Edin needs to keep playing every game with same intensity, dedication and aggressiveness like he did yesterday. (Baka ne seri vise uvjek jedno te isto, udavi nas sve.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.