Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cynic in me says he's playing to put himself in the shop window with a view to a summer move away but quite frankly i couldn't care about his ulterior motives (if any) he's in a rich vein of form right now and i for one am loving it as long as he's doing the business for us then i couldn't be happier the main criticisms of Edin since he started here have been his attitude and his work-rate and in the past few games there seems to have been a distinct turnaround in both and long may it continue

I agree with those that said Bayern away was the turning point. Before Bayern away we couldn't win any away matches, now we can't lose any.

Attitude seems much better over the past month. I hope it stays that way when Kun comes back into the side.

mancity111 said:
Anybody have an update on his calf injury.

Looks like no Dzeko , Yaya and Nasri for Cardiff.
You know we've got a match on Wednesday first? ;)

Doubt Dzeko's is serious but given Aguero is only just due back and Jovetic is god knows where they had to take him off with a knock.
Yaya's back injury could be more of a concern but we can rest him for Blackburn surely.
Nasri is having a scan today so we'll have to wait and see.

mancity111 said:

I'd be surprised if any of those 3 played against Blackburn on Wednesday. If I was a betting man I'd say both Yaya and Dzeko will be available for Cardiff, Nasri is obviously a different matter entirely and is out for 8 weeks now.

Dzeko had yet another good game against Newcastle, what pleased me most wasn't his goal, or his passing, or even his work rate up front, it was his tracking back. He was winning defensive hearders and tackling players near the corner flag at the defensive end. That's what impressed me. I'm not sure if it's a City fan thing, or an English thing, but we're a sucker for effort. We'll let technical deficiencies slide if you're putting in a shift and showing us you care, Dzeko, technically, isn't as strong as Aguero or Negredo, but we'd be ok with that if his workrate and effort was good. In the past it hasn't been, and that means we've had nothing to take our attention away from his technical flaws. In recent games his work has increased noticeably, and he's looking a far better player for it. As long as he keeps up with this kind of thing then he'll have a place in our squad. Yes he'll lose some playign time once Aguero is back, but it will be less than he would have done before his change in attitude. I still view him as our 3rd striker, but he'll be a valuable asset in the run in, if he keeps this up.

ColinLee said:
mancity111 said:

You know we've got a match on Wednesday first? ;)

Doubt Dzeko's is serious but given Aguero is only just due back and Jovetic is god knows where they had to take him off with a knock.
Yaya's back injury could be more of a concern but we can rest him for Blackburn surely.
Nasri is having a scan today so we'll have to wait and see.
Yeah I think he'll be fine. Picture from the training/stretching today.
1011482_10153742373215455_294214496_n.jpg

sir baconface said:
HazeM3 said:
Donkey strikes again ;)

The lad has put in 100% and played well the last few games.

Which is more than I can say for some fuckwit who can't see beyond his own petty bias.
He's been excellent since Aguero's injury.
I have been known to vent my ire towards the guy on occasion in the past but how anyone can criticise his current form is beyond me.
His goals are proving to be crucial just like in 2012...

Matty said:
mancity111 said:

I'd be surprised if any of those 3 played against Blackburn on Wednesday. If I was a betting man I'd say both Yaya and Dzeko will be available for Cardiff, Nasri is obviously a different matter entirely and is out for 8 weeks now.

Dzeko had yet another good game against Newcastle, what pleased me most wasn't his goal, or his passing, or even his work rate up front, it was his tracking back. He was winning defensive hearders and tackling players near the corner flag at the defensive end. That's what impressed me. I'm not sure if it's a City fan thing, or an English thing, but we're a sucker for effort. We'll let technical deficiencies slide if you're putting in a shift and showing us you care, Dzeko, technically, isn't as strong as Aguero or Negredo, but we'd be ok with that if his workrate and effort was good. In the past it hasn't been, and that means we've had nothing to take our attention away from his technical flaws. In recent games his work has increased noticeably, and he's looking a far better player for it. As long as he keeps up with this kind of thing then he'll have a place in our squad. Yes he'll lose some playign time once Aguero is back, but it will be less than he would have done before his change in attitude. I still view him as our 3rd striker, but he'll be a valuable asset in the run in, if he keeps this up.

Always said this about players, let the fans see you are giving 100 % and when things are not going well you will be forgiven. Having the fans behind you can take you to another level, well done Edin keep it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.