Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another hard working performance topped off with a great goal, unlucky to be subbed but was right decision as we were coming under an awful lot of pressure and Navas was right man at the right time. Not sure how anyone can be anything but made up with him in recent weeks, regardless of what the reasons may be - personally believe he's just enjoying his playing time rather than putting himself in shop window etc.

Pablo1 said:
Another hard working performance topped off with a great goal, unlucky to be subbed but was right decision as we were coming under an awful lot of pressure and Navas was right man at the right time. Not sure how anyone can be anything but made up with him in recent weeks, regardless of what the reasons may be - personally believe he's just enjoying his playing time rather than putting himself in shop window etc.

His substitution wasn't tactical - it was due to an injury on the calf after yet another bad tackle by a Newcastle player.

blue ranger said:
Pablo1 said:

His substitution wasn't tactical - it was due to an injury on the calf after yet another bad tackle by a Newcastle player.
Yeah I'd seen that he had the ice on and was probably a lot to do with it - just felt at the time it was the right call to bring Navas on to provide an outlet for counters, which I had a feeling would be mostly what we'd be doing that second half. Tbf, he didn't look too happy coming off, though that could be interpreted as him being pissed off for getting a knock as well as being subbed.

Pablo1 said:
blue ranger said:
Pablo1 said:

Yeah I'd seen that he had the ice on and was probably a lot to do with it - just felt at the time it was the right call to bring Navas on to provide an outlet for counters, which I had a feeling would be mostly what we'd be doing that second half. Tbf, he didn't look too happy coming off, though that could be interpreted as him being pissed off for getting a knock as well as being subbed.
I'm not gonna lie, I was a little concerned with him coming of because I knew Newcastle was hoping for goals from set pieces, where we could use Edin's height. If you remember similar situation happened against Cardiff. Edin came off and they scored from set pieces.

So I don't think it was tactical, but probably precautionary one. And I think Edin was just not too happy about it for the reason of not being able to help close the game. He was fine once Negredo scored the second one :)

noise said:
Pablo1 said:
blue ranger said:
I'm not gonna lie, I was a little concerned with him coming of because I knew Newcastle was hoping for goals from set pieces, where we could use Edin's height. If you remember similar situation happened against Cardiff. Edin came off and they scored from set pieces.

So I don't think it was tactical, but probably precautionary one. And I think Edin was just not too happy about it for the reason of not being able to help close the game. He was fine once Negredo scored the second one :)
Yep, wasn't knocking him for looking pissed off, he'd had a great game up until that point and it was likely to have been precautionary if he'd taken a slight knock. I'm just happy to see him playing well and getting his rewards.

Burtonblue said:
sir baconface said:
HazeM3 said:
Donkey strikes again ;)

The lad has put in 100% and played well the last few games.

Which is more than I can say for some fuckwit who can't see beyond his own petty bias.
He's been excellent since Aguero's injury.
I have been known to vent my ire towards the guy on occasion in the past but how anyone can criticise his current form is beyond me.
His goals are proving to be crucial just like in 2012...

It was a pure sarcasm on my part. Hence ;)

I never lost faith in Edin and always knew withrun of games he would show what he is really capable of.
P.S. that part in bold makes you a hypocrite.

Lucky Toma said:
We needed him to step up to the plate and he has. Hopefully this means we can say farewell in the summer with plenty of goodwill.

Why would you want him to leave when he is playing like this?

Strange man.

HazeM3 said:
Burtonblue said:
sir baconface said:
The lad has put in 100% and played well the last few games.

Which is more than I can say for some fuckwit who can't see beyond his own petty bias.
He's been excellent since Aguero's injury.
I have been known to vent my ire towards the guy on occasion in the past but how anyone can criticise his current form is beyond me.
His goals are proving to be crucial just like in 2012...

It was a pure sarcasm on my part. Hence ;)

I never lost faith in Edin and always knew withrun of games he would show what he is really capable of.
P.S. that part in bold makes you a hypocrite.

It wasn't sarcasm, it was a dig at City fans on the forum.

hope he reacts well to being rotated again now kun is back, we're going to need all 3 firing and motivated the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.