Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigJoe#1 said:
Dzeko is very good player, especially when you consider he is not an automatic first choice., probably one of the best you could reasonably expect us go have in these circumstances. If he was any better he'd wanna be an automatic first choice of he'd be off.

Brilliant to start some and come on in other games, who realistically could we have that is better and would be content being a squad come fringe first team player..... Anyone, please.

Dzeko has played 38 games so far this year with 27 starts and there's 11 games left.

We could get any striker in the world with that gametime.

-- Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 pm --

Santiago Street . said:
How many top flight goals in a major European league you reckon Gud will score in the next five seasons ? I'd bet you £10 now it'll be less than 20.

Last season alone he scored over 20 goals in a major European league.

Santiago Street . said:
Get over yourself Pudge you sound like one of these boring European football know it alls ffs

If those names you snatch from thin air really support your theory then they're the exception to the rule.

How old were they all when they broke through ? How old's Gud ? Anelka won the title at Arse when he was a teenager.

How many top flight goals in a major European league you reckon Gud will score in the next five seasons ? I'd bet you £10 now it'll be less than 20.
Get over myself?

Im not the one declaring one of our youth players a "half decent championship player" even though i know "fuck all" about our youth teams.

Your rather definitve conclusion would suggest you need to get over yourself.

The names i mentioned are just a few players that were sold by teams when they were younger but have had some rather good careers to say the least. But they are the exception of course, every other young player not playing first team football is destined for lower league semi stardom.

RIP Guidetti.

Also, i suppose you tried to help yourself by saying "major european league" as Guidetti scored quite a few in Holland last year, given their respective clubs historys and players from said league, some may argue its not too shabby.

And yes Pudge I would've thought that the vast majority, probably 95% or more, of players who don't break through into the first team are lower league level.

In fairness yes I am ignorant of Gud's skills. Never watch the kids and never watch Dutch football. Wouldn't know him if I bumped in to him. I make the point about major Euro leagues as they are roughly comparable with the PL in terms of quality.

My point that Gud is nothing other than a half decent div2 striker is purely based on common sense based on these facts ;

A succession of managers don't pick him at City.

No other club in a major euro league bought him.

He can't get in Stoke's team.

Now you'll probably refer to his illness and tell me all kind of teams were in for him but that cuts no ice with me. But the bare fact is at the age of 22 he hasn't made it yet so surely the law of averages says he isn't going to.

Is that really an ignorant viewpoint ?

I've nothing against the lad, I hope he proves me wrong and bangs in 20 goals for us next season

Id also like to take that bet you have offered although given the time frame whats the point

Damocles said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Dzeko is very good player, especially when you consider he is not an automatic first choice., probably one of the best you could reasonably expect us go have in these circumstances. If he was any better he'd wanna be an automatic first choice of he'd be off.

Brilliant to start some and come on in other games, who realistically could we have that is better and would be content being a squad come fringe first team player..... Anyone, please.

Dzeko has played 38 games so far this year with 27 starts and there's 11 games left.

Santiago Street . said:

You mean like Altidore? And wasn't that 2 seasons ago?

Think edin might be better situated to playing up front on his own looked like that in the last 2 games I, d play him kn his own up front until we get segio fully fit with silva yaya and nasri supporting him.

Santiago Street . said:
And yes Pudge I would've thought that the vast majority, probably 95% or more, of players who don't break through into the first team are lower league level.

In fairness yes I am ignorant of Gud's skills. Never watch the kids and never watch Dutch football. Wouldn't know him if I bumped in to him. I make the point about major Euro leagues as they are roughly comparable with the PL in terms of quality.

My point that Gud is nothing other than a half decent div2 striker is purely based on common sense based on these facts ;

A succession of managers don't pick him at City.

No other club in a major euro league bought him.

He can't get in Stoke's team.

Now you'll probably refer to his illness and tell me all kind of teams were in for him but that cuts no ice with me. But the bare fact is at the age of 22 he hasn't made it yet so surely the law of averages says he isn't going to.

Is that really an ignorant viewpoint ?

I've nothing against the lad, I hope he proves me wrong and bangs in 20 goals for us next season
No, but saying you wouldn't recognise him if you bumped into him, dont watch any youth team football or his time in the Eredivise and admit to knowing "fuck all" about our youth teams but coming to the conclusion that he has the potential to be a "half decent championship" striker is.

I digress though, boo Edin.

noise said:
Damocles said:
BigJoe#1 said:

Santiago Street . said:

You mean like Altidore? And wasn't that 2 seasons ago?

Yeah like Altidore. And like Suarez. And Van Nistelrooy. And I don't have to name every good player out of Holland as I'll be here all day.

Might have been two seasons ago, his injury has thrown my memory.

The point is null really. This isn't about how good Guidetti is, it was just a throwaway option. It's how Dzeko has consistently underperformed for City over his time here and people get taken in by the odd moment of brilliance and his rapid, unending, completely biased fanbase who will never accept that their hero isn't the best player in the world and will make a million excuses for him.

You'll all be gone in July. None of you will stick around because none of you give a shit about City which we can tell from your consistent insulting of how us fans have "treated" Dzeko by singing his name every week and paying him £150,000 a week. And good riddance to you.

Santiago Street . said:
Why do people rave on about Gudetti ? How can they, based on one game they've seen him play for us ? Would anyone in their right mind really think that over the course of a season he's a better bet than Edin ?

Maybe they're just trying to demonstrate to everyone how much they know about our youth team.

Edin's world class.

Gudetti's potentially a half decent championship striker
That's one lousy definition of world class you must have.

SWP's back said:
Santiago Street . said:
Why do people rave on about Gudetti ? How can they, based on one game they've seen him play for us ? Would anyone in their right mind really think that over the course of a season he's a better bet than Edin ?

Maybe they're just trying to demonstrate to everyone how much they know about our youth team.

Edin's world class.

Indeed. Real, Barca, Bayern et al are breaking down the door to sign him aren't they ?

World class ? Not remotely close.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm --<br /><br />
Davs 19 said:
SWP's back said:
Santiago Street . said:

Edin's world class.

Indeed. Real, Barca, Bayern et al are breaking down the door to sign him aren't they ?

World class ? Not remotely close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.