Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
noise said:
Damocles said:
noise said:
I see facts and stats are preventing you from slagging him. I get it. Stats can be a pain when they have a pro Dzeko bias.

Stats are NOT indicative of talent nor how somebody played. Maybe if you went to a game every now and again you could actually see what everybody is telling you?
Stats don't align with your sentiments about him. Your subjective opinion. My subjective opinion differs, but it just so happens that it's corroborated by the stats. If majority of fans think he's a donkey then I side with the minority, fine by me.

The stats show that his shooting accuracy this season is worse than all of our other forwards (and most of our midfielders), and his passing accuracy is worse than everybody at the club bar our goalkeepers. Which stats are you talking about?

noise said:
Damocles said:
noise said:
I see facts and stats are preventing you from slagging him. I get it. Stats can be a pain when they have a pro Dzeko bias.

Stats are NOT indicative of talent nor how somebody played. Maybe if you went to a game every now and again you could actually see what everybody is telling you?
Stats don't align with your sentiments about him. Your subjective opinion. My subjective opinion differs, but it just so happens that it's corroborated by the stats. If majority of fans think he's a donkey then I side with the minority, fine by me.

I do not think he is a donkey but ive rarely seen a players whose performances are so markedly different from week to week.

One match he is fired up, closing players down, running into space and then the next week, he stays centrally, continually falls to the floor under the most innocuous of challenges and fails to control the ball or make the simplest of pass.

Saying all that for the vast majority of the season ive been more impressed than previous seasons. After missing a few chances of late against Wigan and late on against Hull he still continued to make runs and was rewarded with a goal. That, in a football context, takes bottle.

I would be happy for him to stay as he offers a goal threat, is very effective from the bench and seems a positive and popular member of the team. Shame he cannot get that consistency to his game.

franksinatra said:
noise said:
Damocles said:

I do not think he is a donkey but ive rarely seen a players whose performances are so markedly different from week to week.

One match he is fired up, closing players down, running into space and then the next week, he stays centrally, continually falls to the floor under the most innocuous of challenges and fails to control the ball or make the simplest of pass.

Saying all that for the vast majority of the season ive been more impressed than previous seasons. After missing a few chances of late against Wigan and late on against Hull he still continued to make runs and was rewarded with a goal. That, in a football context, takes bottle.

I would be happy for him to stay as he offers a goal threat, is very effective from the bench and seems a positive and popular member of the team. Shame he cannot get that consistency to his game.
Edin is playing consistently because everyone is injured. And up until recently we were playing a lot of matches, he's had to play every fixture. He's also had knocks. But somehow that can never be an excuse for Edin, like it can be for our other players: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/03/13/picture-manchester-city-striker-sergio-aguero-completes-just-one-pass-against-barcelona/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/03/13 ... barcelona/</a>

In fact I read a post on here of someone accusing him of faking his injury.

"WAHWAH Dzeko is great, you fuckers just won't give him playing time!"

"WAHWAH, Dzeko is great, he's just a confidence player who needs a run of games"

Un-fucking-believable

FromPollockToSilva said:
The stats show that his shooting accuracy this season is worse than all of our other forwards (and most of our midfielders), and his passing accuracy is worse than everybody at the club bar our goalkeepers. Which stats are you talking about?

You reeled him in early from me ye basterd!

Dzeko infuriates, frustrates and makes me tear my hair out. His workrate and body language at times pisses me off.

But I also really like him. Bit of an enigma which takes me back to days gone by.
In a way he's my modern era goater.

FromPollockToSilva said:
noise said:
Damocles said:

I am not denying he's had a dip in striking form, but his overall game has improved. Now the stats I am referring to are just a few pages earlier, you tuned in late.

Damocles said:
"WAHWAH Dzeko is great, you fuckers just won't give him playing time!"

"WAHWAH, Dzeko is great, he's just a confidence player who needs a run of games"

Un-fucking-believable

FromPollockToSilva said:

You reeled him in early from me ye basterd!

Apologies old boy.

Damocles said:
JasminBosnia said:
Newcastle couple of times, Bolton, Barcelona, Bayern, Wigan, Arsenal, L'pool...

I'll tell you what, I take a leaf out of your books and go to WhoScored.

Here we are:

Newcastle you can have no problem. Add them to the list.
Bolton and Wigan are both shit teams and are not my argument.
Against Barca he played a 6.99 according to that website you guys like which is below average and he was the joint third best player on City teams let alone on the pitch. I don't call this a stand out performance. When I watched him I didn't think he did particularly well, just that he did better than Aguero.
He didn't play against Arsenal.
He played a 5.97 against Liverpool after coming on for the 7.0 rated Negredo

If a player is world class he should stand up vs any opposition. Wigan is a shit team who recently advanced over MCFC in FA cup, right?. Edin scored first goal vs Lpool last year http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx9192_man-city-vs-liverpool-1-0-dzeko_sport, and stood up vs Arsenal in CC 2011 (0-1 Kun scored), it was beautiful counterattack, wasn't it?

JasminBosnia said:
If a player is world class he should stand up vs any opposition. Wigan is a shit team who recently advanced over MCFC in FA cup, right?. Edin scored first goal vs Lpool last year http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx9192_man-city-vs-liverpool-1-0-dzeko_sport, and stood up vs Arsenal in CC 2011 (0-1 Kun scored), it was beautiful counterattack, wasn't it?

THAT'S ENTIRELY MY BLOODY POINT.

The teams that he has really stood out against are 90% teams from the lower third of the table over his entire career here. This isn't good enough for a man who cost £27m. He's the Bosnian Darren Bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.