Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair comment. World class is an overused phrase. There are probably only 6 or 7 world class strikers playing today.

He's in the next batch though. Not bad for a 2nd/3rd choice striker

Damocles said:
noise said:
Damocles said:
Dzeko has played 38 games so far this year with 27 starts and there's 11 games left.

We could get any striker in the world with that gametime.

-- Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 pm --

Last season alone he scored over 20 goals in a major European league.
You mean like Altidore? And wasn't that 2 seasons ago?

Yeah like Altidore. And like Suarez. And Van Nistelrooy. And I don't have to name every good player out of Holland as I'll be here all day.

Might have been two seasons ago, his injury has thrown my memory.

The point is null really. This isn't about how good Guidetti is, it was just a throwaway option. It's how Dzeko has consistently underperformed for City over his time here and people get taken in by the odd moment of brilliance and his rapid, unending, completely biased fanbase who will never accept that their hero isn't the best player in the world and will make a million excuses for him.

You'll all be gone in July. None of you will stick around because none of you give a shit about City which we can tell from your consistent insulting of how us fans have "treated" Dzeko by singing his name every week and paying him £150,000 a week. And good riddance to you.
yawn

noise said:
Damocles said:
noise said:
You mean like Altidore? And wasn't that 2 seasons ago?

Yeah like Altidore. And like Suarez. And Van Nistelrooy. And I don't have to name every good player out of Holland as I'll be here all day.

The point is null really. This isn't about how good Guidetti is, it was just a throwaway option. It's how Dzeko has consistently underperformed for City over his time here and people get taken in by the odd moment of brilliance and his rapid, unending, completely biased fanbase who will never accept that their hero isn't the best player in the world and will make a million excuses for him.

You'll all be gone in July. None of you will stick around because none of you give a shit about City which we can tell from your consistent insulting of how us fans have "treated" Dzeko by singing his name every week and paying him £150,000 a week. And good riddance to you.
yawn

I see your skills of extolling the virtues of your favourite player haven't slightened at all. Maybe you shouldn't post here in a City fans forum is you find City fans so tiresome?

Damocles said:
noise said:
Damocles said:

yawn
I see your skills of extolling the virtues of your favourite player haven't slightened at all. Maybe you shouldn't post here in a City fans forum is you find City fans so tiresome?
I think you misunderstood. I don't find other City fans boring. Just the troll moderator who's using the same rhetoric that's been repeatedly posted here for the last 3 years.

noise said:
Damocles said:
noise said:
I think you misunderstood. I don't find other City fans boring. Just the troll moderator who's using the same rhetoric that's been repeatedly posted here for the last 3 years.

Ironing at it's best.

noise said:

Here's the difference.

You see three year old complaints from numerous City fans on a player as boring.

I see them as evidence that he hasn't progressed at all.

You are absolutely the last person in the world to have a conversation on the relevant merits of Dzeko with. I may as well talk to the KKK about the perils of segregation. It's talking to a brick wall because you and your friends are completely unable to have a rational conversation about it simply because you're not football fans, you're Dzeko fans.

It's asking a Justin Bieber fan to have a conversation about the merits of different progressions. It doesn't matter what you say because the answer is that whatever Justin Bieber says is right and whatever he does is right. The entire opinion is self contained to warp every answer to put Bieber in the best possible light.

This is why I consistently slag you lot off. Because I actually would like to talk to my fellow City fans about a player which is worth a discussion just as we do with every other player in the squad. Instead I get you bellends with your pass completion stats and ridiculous rationalisations.

Damocles said:
noise said:

Here's the difference.

You see three year old complaints from numerous City fans on a player as boring.

I see them as evidence that he hasn't progressed at all.

You are absolutely the last person in the world to have a conversation on the relevant merits of Dzeko with. I may as well talk to the KKK about the perils of segregation. It's talking to a brick wall because you and your friends are completely unable to have a rational conversation about it simply because you're not football fans, you're Dzeko fans.

It's asking a Justin Bieber fan to have a conversation about the merits of different progressions. It doesn't matter what you say because the answer is that whatever Justin Bieber says is right and whatever he does is right. The entire opinion is self contained to warp every answer to put Bieber in the best possible light.

This is why I consistently slag you lot off. Because I actually would like to talk to my fellow City fans about a player which is worth a discussion just as we do with every other player in the squad. Instead I get you bellends with your pass completion stats and ridiculous rationalisations.
I see facts and stats are preventing you from slagging him. I get it. Stats can be a pain when they have a pro Dzeko bias.

noise said:
I see facts and stats are preventing you from slagging him. I get it. Stats can be a pain when they have a pro Dzeko bias.

Stats are NOT indicative of talent nor how somebody played. Maybe if you went to a game every now and again you could actually see what everybody is telling you?

BringBackSwales said:
Corky said:
BlueSiam said:
Most good strikers tend NOT to stand out. We're not talking your Ronaldo's or your Messi's here. We are talking your Gerd Muller, Peter Osgood, Martin Chivers. Your Greaves, Neil Young and Ian Rush, your Lewandowski, Manduzic and Thomas Muller. Their main strength is often the fact that they are in the right place at the right time and have the ability to make a finish look easy.
I'm not saying Dzeko has had a great season; but I am saying it is not necessary for a striker to stand out in games to be a good striker.

Greaves took players on with a great turn of pace as his biggest assest and Young was more of a winger.

Football has changed, one dimensional strikers don't exist any more at the top level.

Neil Young was an inside forward, not a winger

In a 3 man attack the one on the right, inside forward or winger? No difference really.

Centre forward target man as suggested he was not. Inside forwards became a miss-used term once teams stopped playing five up front.

Damocles said:
noise said:

Stats are NOT indicative of talent nor how somebody played. Maybe if you went to a game every now and again you could actually see what everybody is telling you?
Stats don't align with your sentiments about him. Your subjective opinion. My subjective opinion differs, but it just so happens that it's corroborated by the stats. If majority of fans think he's a donkey then I side with the minority, fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.