Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosnian Darren Bent? Ouch! That's a bit much, I think his fan club are getting to you :)

aguero93:20 said:
Bosnian Darren Bent? Ouch! That's a bit much, I think his fan club are getting to you :)

I actually believe that's a very, very good comparison. They both score lots of goals, both are frustrating to the people who own them and great to outsiders, both require a certain play style to succeed and both have been criticised for both lack of technical ability and lack of workrate.

If I'm honest, outside of the physical attributes of height and Dzeko's obvious greater technical ability, it seems to fit in the context of their teams at the time.

I don't get the dzeko haters. At all. He's by far our best lone striker IMO. Even better than negredo... Really no reason to complain about his work rate, either. He doesn't have the pace to be closing down defenders nonstop like aguero. Saving his energy for when it counts, is how many strikers have been taught to play. He offer's something different, just as the other 3 do

pellegrini wouldnt insist on playing him if he was shit, and he knows more than everyone on here so just cut the shit and stop ripping dzeko, people are that annoyed about people who arnt local, that its negatively biased judgement just support the striker who consistently scores goals and doesnt moan about being on the bench. I personally hope he gets sold in the summer because I understand we could potentially have someone better, and I'd kinda like watching dzeko in another team if am honest. Whilst hes a city player though just stop the constant complaining, its been consistent scapegoating for all the less mobile tall strikers that have played here for the last few years.

Can we have a 'Dzeko appreciation thread' as well as a 'Discuss Edin Dzeko' one? I think it would help to shove noise, jasmine and all them lot in there and let City fans discuss Dzeko as a player. It's almost impossible to have a discussion that criticises an area of Edin's game without one of them jumping in and posting a stat which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand. They can have a thread to show him the love that they all do even when his performance is piss poor, and we can all vent our frustration and discuss him as a player.

I like Edin the majority of the time, but it doesn't come across that way when you have to constantly justify your criticism of him. By criticising some of the Bosnian posters and their ridiculous stance on Dzeko it seems as if I'm criticising him more than I should have to.

-- Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:47 am --

mmc said:
pellegrini wouldnt insist on playing him if he was shit, and he knows more than everyone on here so just cut the shit and stop ripping dzeko, people are that annoyed about people who arnt local, that its negatively biased judgement just support the striker who consistently scores goals and doesnt moan about being on the bench. I personally hope he gets sold in the summer because I understand we could potentially have someone better, and I'd kinda like watching dzeko in another team if am honest. Whilst hes a city player though just stop the constant complaining, its been consistent scapegoating for all the less mobile tall strikers that have played here for the last few years.

Martin Demichelis would suggest otherwise.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Can we have a 'Dzeko appreciation thread' as well as a 'Discuss Edin Dzeko' one? I think it would help to shove noise, jasmine and all them lot in there and let City fans discuss Dzeko as a player. It's almost impossible to have a discussion that criticises an area of Edin's game without one of them jumping in and posting a stat which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand. They can have a thread to show him the love that they all do even when his performance is piss poor, and we can all vent our frustration and discuss him as a player.

I like Edin the majority of the time, but it doesn't come across that way when you have to constantly justify your criticism of him. By criticising some of the Bosnian posters and their ridiculous stance on Dzeko it seems as if I'm criticising him more than I should have to.
I suggested this about 100 pages ago after I made a fairly innocuous observation on the Negredo thread and was told that I should keep my negative comments to myself and let his fans enjoy celebrating his success, which I thought was fair enough. And which I thought might also work well here - one thread in which the critics wouldn't ruin the pleasure of celebrating Dzeko's successes, and another in which the pro-Dzeko posters wouldn't ruin the "pleasure" (cathartic pleasure?) of ripping him a new one.

The problem is that the extreme views on either side are now fueled by a 'get even' attitude to the extreme views from the other side; "X came on here when Dzeko scored saying he's the best striker in Europe, so now he's had a bad game I'm going to call him dogshite to balance out their ridiculous opinion", followed by "Y called Dzeko dogshite when he had a bad game, but he scored today so I'm going to say he's better than Aguero to balance out their ridiculous opinion". Etc. Ad nauseum. And since no one can remember who started it, no one's going to stop - it's mostly just one get even post after another. Of course, there are plenty of well considered, fair-minded posts as well (both pro and con), but they tend to get drowned out because they don't provoke retaliation followed by retaliation for about 10 pages until everyone goes to bed.

Corky said:
nice neil said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
He's had plenty of service: 35 shots in his last ten games for us, and 28 have been off target.

£27M.
Like I said, he thrives on crosses. The type that only kolarov and Navas provide. Nobody is better at putting those type of crosses away with a one touch finish. With either foot.

Nobody bar Yaya, Sergio, Negrado and Nasri. Whoever plays the highest up front for us should score a bagful.

Crosses tend to get blacked a lot and often need hight. He is bobbins in the air as he can't make decent contact with his head. The few headers he has scored have been either off the top or back of his head flukes or the 'keeper has been off balance - bar one when he was running in against Blackburn to make it 4-0.
Name one other player in our squad who would have scored the shoulder-high volley against spurs last season - with his weaker foot. The near post snapshots from a tight angle, beyond the near post ( can't remember the game but he scored 2 of them) . The left foot screamer away at spurs. The left foot screamer into the top corner at home about 6 weeks ago (can't remember who that was against either) from Kolarov's pull back. Dzeko is a top striker. Open your eyes .

Damocles said:
JasminBosnia said:
If a player is world class he should stand up vs any opposition. Wigan is a shit team who recently advanced over MCFC in FA cup, right?. Edin scored first goal vs Lpool last year http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx9192_man-city-vs-liverpool-1-0-dzeko_sport, and stood up vs Arsenal in CC 2011 (0-1 Kun scored), it was beautiful counterattack, wasn't it?

THAT'S ENTIRELY MY BLOODY POINT.

The teams that he has really stood out against are 90% teams from the lower third of the table over his entire career here. This isn't good enough for a man who cost £27m. He's the Bosnian Darren Bent.

And yet again you needed him to score against a team from the lower third of the table to win the premier league...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.