Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
JasminBosnia said:
If a player is world class he should stand up vs any opposition. Wigan is a shit team who recently advanced over MCFC in FA cup, right?. Edin scored first goal vs Lpool last year http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx9192_man-city-vs-liverpool-1-0-dzeko_sport, and stood up vs Arsenal in CC 2011 (0-1 Kun scored), it was beautiful counterattack, wasn't it?

THAT'S ENTIRELY MY BLOODY POINT.

The teams that he has really stood out against are 90% teams from the lower third of the table over his entire career here. This isn't good enough for a man who cost £27m. He's the Bosnian Darren Bent.

I'd have Darren Bent over Dzeko any day.

noise said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
noise said:
Stats don't align with your sentiments about him. Your subjective opinion. My subjective opinion differs, but it just so happens that it's corroborated by the stats. If majority of fans think he's a donkey then I side with the minority, fine by me.

The stats show that his shooting accuracy this season is worse than all of our other forwards (and most of our midfielders), and his passing accuracy is worse than everybody at the club bar our goalkeepers. Which stats are you talking about?
I am not denying he's had a dip in striking form, but his overall game has improved. Now the stats I am referring to are just a few pages earlier, you tuned in late.
So it's not that the stats corroborate your opinions on Dzeko, it's that the specific stats you've chosen, if you ignore those that don't back up your viewpoint, corroborate your opinions on Dzeko? Good, glad we got that sorted.

As I've said, time and time again, Dzeko is a good player, however he has the ability within him to perform better than he has been doing for a prolonged period of time now. After 3 years it's reached the point where City can no longer realisitically hold onto him and wait for him to fulfil his potential. He's had more than enough chances to show us, on a regular basis, what he can do, and he's just not managed to do that. The frustrations City fans fill are understandable.

nice neil said:
Corky said:
nice neil said:
Like I said, he thrives on crosses. The type that only kolarov and Navas provide. Nobody is better at putting those type of crosses away with a one touch finish. With either foot.

Nobody bar Yaya, Sergio, Negrado and Nasri. Whoever plays the highest up front for us should score a bagful.

Crosses tend to get blacked a lot and often need hight. He is bobbins in the air as he can't make decent contact with his head. The few headers he has scored have been either off the top or back of his head flukes or the 'keeper has been off balance - bar one when he was running in against Blackburn to make it 4-0.
Name one other player in our squad who would have scored the shoulder-high volley against spurs last season - with his weaker foot. The near post snapshots from a tight angle, beyond the near post ( can't remember the game but he scored 2 of them) . The left foot screamer away at spurs. The left foot screamer into the top corner at home about 6 weeks ago (can't remember who that was against either) from Kolarov's pull back. Dzeko is a top striker. Open your eyes .

Equally, name another player in the squad who would shank shots high into the stand unmarked from a few yards out. This is the big frustration. By all means Edin, score excellent goals in games that we win by four or five, but kindly slot home a few sitters when things are tight too.

mancity5 said:
Damocles said:
JasminBosnia said:
If a player is world class he should stand up vs any opposition. Wigan is a shit team who recently advanced over MCFC in FA cup, right?. Edin scored first goal vs Lpool last year http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx9192_man-city-vs-liverpool-1-0-dzeko_sport, and stood up vs Arsenal in CC 2011 (0-1 Kun scored), it was beautiful counterattack, wasn't it?

The teams that he has really stood out against are 90% teams from the lower third of the table over his entire career here. This isn't good enough for a man who cost £27m. He's the Bosnian Darren Bent.

"NURSE"......

levets said:
mancity5 said:
Damocles said:

"NURSE"......
Unbelievable isnt it the bollocks on this thread...

This thread is still on going? Amazing.

It looks like nothing has changed from 4 months ago.

A City fan from Manchester/UK will talk about how poor Edin’s general play is, how his touch is bad, how selfish he is, how he misses too many sitters and can’t pass a ball.

Then after playing shit for 89 minutes, Dzeko will score a goal.

Cue the Dzeko fans from Bosnia who will come on and start talking about “important goals” and how these obscure statistics prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Dzeko is in fact better than Tevez, Aguero and Negredo. You also have to discard these statistics because they don’t show Dzeko in a favourable light and they were influenced because Navas/ Nasri/ Silva/ Aguero wouldn’t pass the ball to him. Also Mancini and Pellegrini have mismanaged him. Also you have to factor that in the build up to that important goal scored by someone else; Dzeko played a pivotal role by sneezing and distracting an opposition defender momentarily. You're all just haters anyway.

To be honest, it’s all a bit boring now. I’m all for freedom of speech but there comes a time when this thread is just detrimental to the forum and no headway will be made. Lock it, ban the Bosnians and we can all ride off in to the sunset.

@BluePhil8 said:

A City fan from Manchester/UK will talk about how poor Edin’s general play is, how his touch is bad, how selfish he is, how he misses too many sitters and can’t pass a ball.

Cue the Dzeko fans from Bosnia who will come on and start talking about “important goals” and how these obscure statistics prove beyond any reasonable doubt that Dzeko is in fact better than Tevez, Aguero and Negredo. You also have to discard these statistics because they don’t show Dzeko in a favourable light and they were influenced because Navas/ Nasri/ Silva/ Aguero wouldn’t pass the ball to him. Also Mancini and Pellegrini have mismanaged him. Also you have to factor that in the build up to that important goal scored by someone else; Dzeko played a pivotal role by sneezing and distracting an opposition defender momentarily. You're all just haters anyway.

To be honest, it’s all a bit boring now. I’m all for freedom of speech but there comes a time when this thread is just detrimental to the forum and no headway will be made. Lock it, ban the Bosnians and we can all ride off in to the sunset.

Just about sums it up - saves anyone having to read through 135 pages.

Decent player.
Great guy (which is why fans and team mates love him).
City needs better for what we want to achieve (yes, even from a third striker). Simple as that.
Hope he can move back to the Bundesliga. I think he'd be best suited going back there.

jknight said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Just about sums it up - saves anyone having to read through 135 pages.

Bloody hell, great post after all these pages and pages of shite

nice neil said:
Corky said:
nice neil said:
Like I said, he thrives on crosses. The type that only kolarov and Navas provide. Nobody is better at putting those type of crosses away with a one touch finish. With either foot.

Nobody bar Yaya, Sergio, Negrado and Nasri. Whoever plays the highest up front for us should score a bagful.

Crosses tend to get blacked a lot and often need hight. He is bobbins in the air as he can't make decent contact with his head. The few headers he has scored have been either off the top or back of his head flukes or the 'keeper has been off balance - bar one when he was running in against Blackburn to make it 4-0.
Name one other player in our squad who would have scored the shoulder-high volley against spurs last season - with his weaker foot. The near post snapshots from a tight angle, beyond the near post ( can't remember the game but he scored 2 of them) . The left foot screamer away at spurs. The left foot screamer into the top corner at home about 6 weeks ago (can't remember who that was against either) from Kolarov's pull back. Dzeko is a top striker. Open your eyes .

Manchester-City-v-Manchester-United-Sergio-Ag_3007979.jpg

*Whistles nonchalantly*

a.k. said:
Damocles said:
JasminBosnia said:

And yet again you needed him to score against a team from the lower third of the table to win the premier league...

_60205272_60205271.jpg

*Continues nonchalant whistling*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.