Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like he's never been taught how to hit a rising ball. I've not seen too many players who balloon the ball over the bar as consistently as Dzeko. It is so frustrating to watch. There was one in particular tonight when he had enough time to bring the ball down, take a touch to set himself up, there was no defender near him and he still wallops it over the bar.

I will never be convinced that he is quite the calibre of striker you need in a title-winning side. Too wasteful and a little tame in the other aspects of the game. A good squad man, but we've all seen his wastefulness in front of goal in the last few weeks, he's a frustrating striker to watch.

He was terrible tonight, wasting more than 4 chances, not helping in the build-up (as usual)

there is a reason why he always has been the 2nd/ 3rd choice striker.

I would make it a top priority to find a striker in a similar mold to Aguero/Tevez. Dzeko scores goals but when you are watching him for 90 minutes you just get confussed with him. His overall play at times is mid table stuff.

I've defended Dzeko for so long on here but he was back to his frustrating self today. Just don't think he'll ever be a top class striker.

Never mind scoring, winning a few headers in open play would be nice then he could move on to heading the ball down off corners!

He had one clear chance and executed it pathetic. The other shot was bad but not clear chance at all.

Haven't won lot of headers but not many win them against Terry, Cahill, Luiz and Matic, specially when you are outnumbered and constantly have one or two of them on the back.

All in all he had poor game mainly for that pathetic chance he missed in 2nd half, out of that not close as bad as people make it, he was cut out completely and Chelsea defended brilliantly, if he scored that chance there'd be pretty much nothing he could do more in this game. This game was lost in midfield and as much as both him and Negredo had poor games, they barely could do much with midfield being gash and Chelsea being brilliant defensively for most of the time.

So much hate from you people. Dzeko definitely wasn't good tonight, but who was? He missed 1 good chance and so now he's an average striker? What about the beast? He was more of a hazard to our own goal than useful.

Dzeko needs to work on his shooting, other than that, can't blame him for much tonight.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He was back to his worst tonight but Negredo was even worse.
Never a truer word spoken. I don't think either would have got a shot on target tonight if they'd stayed on the pitch for half-an-hour after everyone else had gone off. Edin's been looking good when he drops back to support the midfield but didn't seem to be doing that tonight. Without Aguero there's no pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.