Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
The last time we played someone shit at Home and they came and parked the Bus it was Dzeko who popped up with the only Goal of the game.

Just saying.

An awful lot of fuckwits on this thread and a fair few good posters who should have put a little bit more thought into their opinion.

The problem isn't that people think he's unable to score; in fact his goal tally is literally the only thing keeping him here.

The problem is that he doesn't fit our game in the slightest bit and we expose all of his large weaknesses. He cannot control a pacey ball very well, he often gets tangled up within himself and he needs 5 chances to score. He is also inconsistent in his application which is the worst crime you can commit in English football.

He doesn't need 5 chances because he's not an accurate striker but because he has the vision of Stevie Wonder after swimming in chlorine and shoots for absolutely no reason. We often have patient and intricate passes in our attacking routine, so it goes pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-over the bar. I'm sure you know which one of those was a Dzeko touch.

There's also many occasions where we are counter attacking, and he drops deep to get the ball then seems to have the turning circle of an oil tanker by which time the ball through to the runners has gone and he needs to switch it to the wings hoping they can either beat their man to make up for this lack of speed of thought or they can continue the patient positional play.

Dzeko's strengths lie in his last touch at the end of a speedy attack. His problem is that this is a style of football that none of the top teams have played for 5 years at least so he will always be either a rotational striker at a big club who can fit in in certain circumstances or he can be a big fish at a small pond like he was at Wolfsburg. Dzeko is a man posting a letter when everybody else is sending emails and he cannot hope to be the focal point of a major team unless a new tactical revolution happens in football.

As I've said before, Dzeko himself is a well liked individual who is one of the only City players who gets their chant sung at every single game even if he isn't on the pitch. His fans however are the most annoying bunch of twats who rotate between slagging off the manager to more often recently slagging off the City fanbase and that's something that I won't stand for from visitors. I recognise that there are people who started out as twats and have gradually become a good part of the forum but the majority haven't.

The problem is that we can never have a sensible conversation about Dzeko because they do stupid things like posting Lionel Messi missing a chance and think this is a valid point to make. So our opinions become more extreme to mirror their extreme opinions and before you know it we have two sets of people lobbing out extreme opinions instead of a proper conversation. Every time Dzeko scores a goal apparently any and all criticism is instantly nullified because that's how talent works, it grows with every goal or something like a power up bar. This is despite the fact that Dzeko has a decent goal record and still spends many City games swanning around, twatting it off target from stupid positions and generally getting in people's way.

This will never change whilst Dzeko is at City and presumably he's going in this summer rather than signing a new deal so we only have to put up with it for another few months before we can have a conversation about the bloke that isn't spoilt by a bunch of one issue posters. These guys are essentially Dzeko's version of Mancio.
We've had our differences recently, but I have to say you're spot on with that post.

Bigga said:
karen7 said:
Won player of the month by a landslide
Just saying

Some of the comments on here are really over the top,great way to support one of our own blues

You're being far too kind, Karen!!

I think some of the comments are of the proper ars*hole variety. All our attacking options are poor of late. Yaya only just managed to sort his feet out for the goal as well!

A 'donkey' is Torres/ Eto'o/ Little Peas(or whatever his name is!)/ Welshyte etc.

Edin is not the same as these.
YaYa "only just managed" to sort his feet out for the goal!?
What are you on? It wasn't fortuitous of YaYa he skilfully sorted his feet out for the goal, which incidentally won us the game, whereas Edinburgh didn't sort his feet out for his "tap in"
There's a world of difference.

Damocles said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
The last time we played someone shit at Home and they came and parked the Bus it was Dzeko who popped up with the only Goal of the game.

Just saying.

An awful lot of fuckwits on this thread and a fair few good posters who should have put a little bit more thought into their opinion.

The problem isn't that people think he's unable to score; in fact his goal tally is literally the only thing keeping him here.

The problem is that he doesn't fit our game in the slightest bit and we expose all of his large weaknesses. He cannot control a pacey ball very well, he often gets tangled up within himself and he needs 5 chances to score. He is also inconsistent in his application which is the worst crime you can commit in English football.

He doesn't need 5 chances because he's not an accurate striker but because he has the vision of Stevie Wonder after swimming in chlorine and shoots for absolutely no reason. We often have patient and intricate passes in our attacking routine, so it goes pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-pass-over the bar. I'm sure you know which one of those was a Dzeko touch.

There's also many occasions where we are counter attacking, and he drops deep to get the ball then seems to have the turning circle of an oil tanker by which time the ball through to the runners has gone and he needs to switch it to the wings hoping they can either beat their man to make up for this lack of speed of thought or they can continue the patient positional play.

Dzeko's strengths lie in his last touch at the end of a speedy attack. His problem is that this is a style of football that none of the top teams have played for 5 years at least so he will always be either a rotational striker at a big club who can fit in in certain circumstances or he can be a big fish at a small pond like he was at Wolfsburg. Dzeko is a man posting a letter when everybody else is sending emails and he cannot hope to be the focal point of a major team unless a new tactical revolution happens in football.

As I've said before, Dzeko himself is a well liked individual who is one of the only City players who gets their chant sung at every single game even if he isn't on the pitch. His fans however are the most annoying bunch of twats who rotate between slagging off the manager to more often recently slagging off the City fanbase and that's something that I won't stand for from visitors. I recognise that there are people who started out as twats and have gradually become a good part of the forum but the majority haven't.

The problem is that we can never have a sensible conversation about Dzeko because they do stupid things like posting Lionel Messi missing a chance and think this is a valid point to make. So our opinions become more extreme to mirror their extreme opinions and before you know it we have two sets of people lobbing out extreme opinions instead of a proper conversation. Every time Dzeko scores a goal apparently any and all criticism is instantly nullified because that's how talent works, it grows with every goal or something like a power up bar. This is despite the fact that Dzeko has a decent goal record and still spends many City games swanning around, twatting it off target from stupid positions and generally getting in people's way.

This will never change whilst Dzeko is at City and presumably he's going in this summer rather than signing a new deal so we only have to put up with it for another few months before we can have a conversation about the bloke that isn't spoilt by a bunch of one issue posters. These guys are essentially Dzeko's version of Mancio.

I do agree with a lot of what you have said. My view on him starts and finishes from the point where he is City striker number 3. City striker number 1 unfortunately got injured. His job is to fill the void with the main currency in Football. Goals. He does that.

I believe he actually fits in quite well with Mr P's tactics, certainly more than he did under Mr M who sometimes got as frustrated with him as the fans.

I don't expect him to be the best Footballer in the world I just want him to score goals for City and he does.

Still, if all the lynchmob's pitchforks are aimed at Edin tonight then at least the fuckwits are leaving Garcia and Dimechelis alone.

Damocles said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Just saying.

There is nothing wrong with our squad.we could be on the verge of a domestic treble.with a serious amount of luck and a splash of miracle we could do the quadruple.edin dzeko has and will continue to play a massive part of this process.He's our 3rd striker at best and provides an alternative tactic and route to goal.everbody can see he's no pele but fuck me what do some people want??
Just out of curiosity Damocles,and I have a lot of respect for your opinion having been a 'bluemoon reader' for a while now,who would you replace him with??

Dzeko wasn't brilliant today. I don't say that because he missed an easy chance. That can happen to any striker. At least unlike Negrado (who has been excellent for us) he was involved in our creative play. What was disappointing
was his lack of ball retention.

So he wasn't great. But all the slagging off him on this board is embarrassing. Its not as though he's not contributed to the 3 of the most successful seasons in our history. There is element of our support who think that we can have 11 superstars who never play badly and if a striker will score every time.

When Dzeko is gone and the goals dry up at some point because Aguero etc is injured / out of form then people may appreciate him more.

JasminBosnia said:
get rid. he ruined my day. donkey. lampost. touch of an elephant-rapist. cant trap bag of the cement. flop of the year. worse than bendner. period.
Lol. elephant rapist lol

oh Dzeko!!<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:13 pm --<br /><br />
Puppet Master Silva said:
JasminBosnia said:
get rid. he ruined my day. donkey. lampost. touch of an elephant-rapist. cant trap bag of the cement. flop of the year. worse than bendner. period.

NO MESSI MISSED CHANCE TOO FFS WHY R U NEVER FAIR AND I BET YOU'RE WELL EXCITED FOR HIM TO MISS GOAL

Thats Dzeko isn't it. He can't even take caps lock off.

AliWaheed said:
JasminBosnia said:
Lol. elephant rapist lol

oh Dzeko!!

-- Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:13 pm --

JasminBosnia said:

NO MESSI MISSED CHANCE TOO FFS WHY R U NEVER FAIR AND I BET YOU'RE WELL EXCITED FOR HIM TO MISS GOAL

Must have leaned back on it

karen7 said:
Bigga said:
karen7 said:
Won player of the month by a landslide
Just saying

Some of the comments on here are really over the top,great way to support one of our own blues

You're being far too kind, Karen!!

I think some of the comments are of the proper ars*hole variety. All our attacking options are poor of late. Yaya only just managed to sort his feet out for the goal as well!

A 'donkey' is Torres/ Eto'o/ Little Peas(or whatever his name is!)/ Welshyte etc.

Edin is not the same as these.

I didn't want to type what i really think about the abuse he gets because i can't be bothered to get in a row with people who's minds are made up
As a 3rd choice striker he is great,clumsy and awkward at times,yes but scores a lot of important goals and that is good enough for me to support him whilst he is here
ok, I can agree with you there. As a 3rd or 4th he's ok. But Pellers plays him ahead of Negredo sometimes. I mean today, I'd rather we played with 5 in mid and just one striker (not dzeko)

M24 Citizen said:
AliWaheed said:
JasminBosnia said:
Lol. elephant rapist lol

oh Dzeko!!

-- Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:13 pm --

Must have leaned back on it

Absolute pure genius retort. I salute you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.