Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two incidents today which summed up Dzeko's performance for me (not the miss, all strikers miss a glaring open goal or two in their careers):

1. First half, Kolarov puts over a peach of a cross, waist high about 4 or 5 yards out from goal, begging to be attacked - Dzeko stands there watching about 2 or 3 yards away, not a twitch of movement to try and get something on the ball to divert it into the net.

2. Second half - Jovetic's shot that Begovic spilled, any natural striker would be following in just in case that happens but not Edin, he's stood on the edge of the area like a spectator.

What annoys me is that he's better than that and he's shown it in the past. He can't claim that he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip from Pellegrini, if anything Pellegrini has indulged him too much at times.

lancs blue said:
Two incidents today which summed up Dzeko's performance for me (not the miss, all strikers miss a glaring open goal or two in their careers):

1. First half, Kolarov puts over a peach of a cross, waist high about 4 or 5 yards out from goal, begging to be attacked - Dzeko stands there watching about 2 or 3 yards away, not a twitch of movement to try and get something on the ball to divert it into the net.

2. Second half - Jovetic's shot that Begovic spilled, any natural striker would be following in just in case that happens but not Edin, he's stood on the edge of the area like a spectator.

What annoys me is that he's better than that and he's shown it in the past. He can't claim that he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip from Pellegrini, if anything Pellegrini has indulged him too much at times.

His lack of movement off the ball is his biggest downfall,after his awful first touch.

If Dzeko has to think,he's fucked. If the ball falls nice for him or he's been given a chance on a plate he's ok. Today he was shit,let's be honest,but Negredo was no better

Tbilisi said:
lancs blue said:

His lack of movement off the ball is his biggest downfall,after his awful first touch.

In Dzeko's defence, all it needed was a simple ball from Jovetic and he was through, he'd stopped running because he'd have been offside otherwise.

He's a great player who had a bad game. People get very het up but if we sell him he will go to a world class side eg arsenal or bayern Munich and at some point will feck us over!

Aguero with negredo is our best front line but if aguero is injured then dzeko is better than negredo at leading the line.

Not beating around the bush, it's simple HE HAS TO GO! He's not up to Prem standard, it's now embarrassing for us, but more importantly for him. Sorry Edin, I've always had my doubts but seeing Barcelona on Tuesday made me realise City deserve better - go now please!

He's third choice striker and scored 17 goals in all competitions. His stats are comparable to Negredo's who until recently was worshipped on here.

karen7 said:
Won player of the month by a landslide
Just saying

Some of the comments on here are really over the top,great way to support one of our own blues

Wasn't that an open vote on the Official website? No way our Bosnian friend could rig that then!

Not good enough.

Damocles said:
david whites spike said:
*puts tin hat on*
This guy needs support not abuse

Which he constantly gets, every single week at the ground. There was even a Dzeko chant immediately after that miss.

If you think this is the type of message board where everybody sits around wanking about how great we are then you've mistaken it for Red Cafe.

This isn't true, after every mistake or missed chance you can hear the crowd start moaning. No other player gets the same treatment, he's the scapegoat unfortunately. I think the three blokes next to me today were ready to shoot Pellegrini when he took Negredo off, who contributed nothing.

The Goat in his pomp would have had a field day in this current City line-up.

Most players get positive nicknames like "The Beast" and "Merlin".

Dzeko's nickname is "The Lampost" and that has pretty much summed up most if not all of his City career.

He's out of contract in the summer of 2015 and I will be utterly amazed if we offer him a new contract this summer.

With FFP we can't afford to let him leave for nothing so imo he'll be gone this summer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.