Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
Dzekos Smile said:
quiet_riot said:
It may have been mentioned, but having just watched MoTD, it was interesting to see Edin's non-reaction to the goal. Silva and Navas, the other two players in shot were arms raised jubilant, Edin seemed non-plussed.

He went over and congratulated Yaya, what more do you want, did you expect him to suck his Cock or something.

Oh dear.

I know, terrible grammar, with a capital "C" on cock.

shevtheblue said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
BosnianDiamond said:
The commentator said yesterday again that "Dzeko isn't a fan favorite". I challenge anyone to post Dzeko's passing statistics and will quickly find that he doesn't lose the ball, percentage-wise, more than any other player in the starting 11. In fact, he is very much under-rated as a passer. His positioning and vision are tremandous, but he tries too hard sometimes to score and instead of applausing his efforts some of you idiots boo him. His goals are not an accident, he has great instincts as a striker where he needs to be. He only looks clumsy when the ball is at his feet and that has been the criticism on his the entire career. It was the reason he was sold by Zeljeznicar for 50k euros. Some of you just can't appreciate any player who isn't pacey and a dribbler and can't understand that Dzeko offers a great deal more than a f***ing Hernandez who is nothing but a poacher. Watch the game again and you'll see that Dzeko did a great job holding up the ball and getting his team-mates involved.

Edin Dzeko's pass completion rate this season is 76%. The only worse players at the club are Pantilimon (60.7%) and Hart (51%). He is also fourth in terms of being dispossessed (1.4 times per game on average), and fifth in terms of turnovers (0.9 times per game on average).
oh dear.

I don't expect someone using the name Bosnian Diamond having a objective opinion on Dzeko.

I, like many others, want him to do well. Yet as many times he managed to frustrate and disappoint me. Whatever stats someone puts in front of me, he's simply not good enough. And that conclusion is not based on his last performance.
Vs Stoke, Dzeko managed to get himself nominated for miss of the season. For me the howler simply summed up his game. I must admit I appreciated he got very frustrated (at least it showed he cares), and he did try even harder after that. However it couldn't take away the overall poor display. Again ...

BosnianDiamond said:
The commentator said yesterday again that "Dzeko isn't a fan favorite". I challenge anyone to post Dzeko's passing statistics and will quickly find that he doesn't lose the ball, percentage-wise, more than any other player in the starting 11. In fact, he is very much under-rated as a passer. His positioning and vision are tremandous, but he tries too hard sometimes to score and instead of applausing his efforts some of you idiots boo him. His goals are not an accident, he has great instincts as a striker where he needs to be. He only looks clumsy when the ball is at his feet and that has been the criticism on his the entire career. It was the reason he was sold by Zeljeznicar for 50k euros. Some of you just can't appreciate any player who isn't pacey and a dribbler and can't understand that Dzeko offers a great deal more than a f***ing Hernandez who is nothing but a poacher. Watch the game again and you'll see that Dzeko did a great job holding up the ball and getting his team-mates involved.
He only looks clumsy when the ball is at his feet

FOOT & BALL There's a clue in the name of the game.

YCMIU

shevtheblue said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
BosnianDiamond said:

Edin Dzeko's pass completion rate this season is 76%. The only worse players at the club are Pantilimon (60.7%) and Hart (51%). He is also fourth in terms of being dispossessed (1.4 times per game on average), and fifth in terms of turnovers (0.9 times per game on average).
oh dear.

Oh dear indeed. Brilliant

The abuse he is getting is bang out of order - Simple - there are idiots who sit near me who groan every time he starts a game or is about to come on -

He missed a sitter yes!! and occasionally looks poor yes!!! but he has scored some absolute crucial goals for this club.

Nobody slagged Silva off for missing a sitter against Chelsea which would have put us 1-0 up in a game we lost 1-0

Fine margins, get behind the lad he'll hopefully bag a hat full by the end of the season and lifting a few trophies

crystal_mais said:
The abuse he is getting is bang out of order - Simple - there are idiots who sit near me who groan every time he starts a game or is about to come on -

He missed a sitter yes!! and occasionally looks poor yes!!! but he has scored some absolute crucial goals for this club.

Nobody slagged Silva off for missing a sitter against Chelsea which would have put us 1-0 up in a game we lost 1-0

Fine margins, get behind the lad he'll hopefully bag a hat full by the end of the season and lifting a few trophies

===================
Or the one in front of the North Stand which would have been the equaliser...

levets said:
crystal_mais said:

===================
Or the one in front of the North Stand which would have been the equaliser...

Yep - right in front of us - I ignored that as the other easier and from a couple of yards out too

hey but he's merlin :)

controversial opinion maybe but if Aguero is unfit I would like to start Dzeko as a lone striker. He may be missing chances at the moment but he is definitely getting into position to convert chances several times a game, Negredo at the minute is not doing so, practically invisible on the pitch, he clearly needs a rest so give him a few days off, i am pretty sure we were forced into playing him way more than we should when he got injured.

I've both supported him, and complained about him on this thread before now, and have deliberately not posted on it since Saturday, as when I did I wanted to do so with a degree of impartiality.

I'm sorry though, he was piss poor on Saturday, pretty much back to the awful Plzen (H) performance (his worst performance in a City shirt).

The miss, ridiculous though it was, was the least of my concerns, it was virtually everything else he did, or more often than not didn't do.

His movement was dreadful, his first touch generally poor, his hold up play was none existant, he had one decent knock on header all game, I don't remember him making a single challenge, he had one decent effort on goal when Negredo laid it on for him, but that, the one header I mentioned, and one clearance in our box, was the sum total of his positive contributions, and its a pretty lame effort for 90 minutes, but the worst thing of all, was that he put more effort into nearly breaking his foot on the post, than pretty well everything else he did, and that was stupidity because we'd already lost Jovetic, and we have Aguero still not fit, so he was risking a really stupid injury, for absolutely nothing, ahead of a cup final, the act of an idiot, frustrated or not.

He's generally played well in recent weeks, so why he has suddenly returned to this, I've no idea, but I hope he snaps out of it quickly. Those blaming the fans for it though are just wrong, the cause is his, not people complaining about him, and if he plays like that I'm afraid he deserves to get some stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.