Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commentator said yesterday again that "Dzeko isn't a fan favorite". I challenge anyone to post Dzeko's passing statistics and will quickly find that he doesn't lose the ball, percentage-wise, more than any other player in the starting 11. In fact, he is very much under-rated as a passer. His positioning and vision are tremandous, but he tries too hard sometimes to score and instead of applausing his efforts some of you idiots boo him. His goals are not an accident, he has great instincts as a striker where he needs to be. He only looks clumsy when the ball is at his feet and that has been the criticism on his the entire career. It was the reason he was sold by Zeljeznicar for 50k euros. Some of you just can't appreciate any player who isn't pacey and a dribbler and can't understand that Dzeko offers a great deal more than a f***ing Hernandez who is nothing but a poacher. Watch the game again and you'll see that Dzeko did a great job holding up the ball and getting his team-mates involved.

I mostly agree with Bosnian Diamond, Edin does get a lot of abuse which I feel is sometimes undeserved. After all, he is only a couple of goals short on Negredo in the prem and Negredo has had more game time overall. Edin is on 17 so far this season and I reckon he will get a few more till the end.

As BD pointed out, if you actually check out his pass rate after each game and compare it to other strikers you will find that he achieves about the same average. It's just that he looks clumsy when he makes a mistake and that stands out, but he also makes some fine passes and creates chances which go unnoticed. If you check out his assists, you will find he is the leading striker with most assists for us.

ayrshire_blue said:
cityok said:
HolisticJim said:
Fixed it for you!

Must be great not being able to kick a ball yourself but being able to cast such disparaging comments.

So to call a football player shit we all need to be better than them to do so?

Fuck, anyone have Emile Heskey's phone number so I can apologise to him?

no, but here's Dzeko's 0161 616 1616

I'm not a fan of Dzeko at all as a footballl player. However he is a City player so I quite frankly need to keep my opinion zipped as there is no use in complaining or shooting him down. So from now on if I'm seen having a go at him, it'll be from in the moment frustration at a game if not then shoot me down.

All these posts with what he's done for us etc.. Etc..

Dzeko is simply not good enough.
Hed do a job at stoke or west ham.
End of.

BosnianDiamond said:
The commentator said yesterday again that "Dzeko isn't a fan favorite". I challenge anyone to post Dzeko's passing statistics and will quickly find that he doesn't lose the ball, percentage-wise, more than any other player in the starting 11. In fact, he is very much under-rated as a passer. His positioning and vision are tremandous, but he tries too hard sometimes to score and instead of applausing his efforts some of you idiots boo him. His goals are not an accident, he has great instincts as a striker where he needs to be. He only looks clumsy when the ball is at his feet and that has been the criticism on his the entire career. It was the reason he was sold by Zeljeznicar for 50k euros. Some of you just can't appreciate any player who isn't pacey and a dribbler and can't understand that Dzeko offers a great deal more than a f***ing Hernandez who is nothing but a poacher. Watch the game again and you'll see that Dzeko did a great job holding up the ball and getting his team-mates involved.

Edin Dzeko's pass completion rate this season is 76%. The only worse players at the club are Pantilimon (60.7%) and Hart (51%). He is also fourth in terms of being dispossessed (1.4 times per game on average), and fifth in terms of turnovers (0.9 times per game on average).

BosnianDiamond said:

I'm not sure it was wise to post this propaganda when he's just missed an open goal from a foot out. Yaya got him out of jail. That miss could well have been the title gone right there. All this % shit and pass completion is bollocks, he's there to score goals and he'll say so himself. I'd take Hernandez over him all day long, any poacher in fact.

I like edin, I know its in there somewhere but for where we are you can't have a striker as off form as he is right now.his confidence is shot and he needs a break.

I also think its a bit rich you calling city fans idiots as they post an honest opinion. You have no affinity to our club or our forum, you are only here because of dzeko. He'll gone in the summer and so will you.

With further comments slagging city fans maybe sooner.

FromPollockToSilva said:
BosnianDiamond said:

Edin Dzeko's pass completion rate this season is 76%. The only worse players at the club are Pantilimon (60.7%) and Hart (51%). He is also fourth in terms of being dispossessed (1.4 times per game on average), and fifth in terms of turnovers (0.9 times per game on average).
oh dear.

quiet_riot said:
It may have been mentioned, but having just watched MoTD, it was interesting to see Edin's non-reaction to the goal. Silva and Navas, the other two players in shot were arms raised jubilant, Edin seemed non-plussed.

He went over and congratulated Yaya, what more do you want, did you expect him to suck his Cock or something.

Dzekos Smile said:
quiet_riot said:
It may have been mentioned, but having just watched MoTD, it was interesting to see Edin's non-reaction to the goal. Silva and Navas, the other two players in shot were arms raised jubilant, Edin seemed non-plussed.

He went over and congratulated Yaya, what more do you want, did you expect him to suck his Cock or something.

Oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.