Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been mentioned, but having just watched MoTD, it was interesting to see Edin's non-reaction to the goal. Silva and Navas, the other two players in shot were arms raised jubilant, Edin seemed non-plussed.

Seventeen goals by February. SEVENTEEN. Wood for the trees stuff.

The behaviour of some grown men was ridiculous in the ground yesterday. Some people seem more gutted when he scores TBH.

The goodies and the baddies on our team is ridiculous. Some people just cheer who they want. Remember the league game against Chelsea a few weeks ago: Kolarov picked it up in his own half, beat a man coming inside and threaded a ball through to Negredo on the edge of the box. Negredo then held it up in that position briefly while Kolarov bust a lung steaming down the line. Negredo then lays it off two yards and Kolarov gets on the end of it at full pace just inside the byline and fizzes in a brilliant cross we were unlucky not to score from. The reaction from the crowd:

"BEEEEEAAAAASSSSST"<br /><br />-- Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:54 pm --<br /><br />
quiet_riot said:
It may have been mentioned, but having just watched MoTD, it was interesting to see Edin's non-reaction to the goal. Silva and Navas, the other two players in shot were arms raised jubilant, Edin seemed non-plussed.

He didn't join in any chants either I noticed.

gazmedina said:
-- Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:54 pm --

quiet_riot said:

Stupid comment tbh, you would'nt expect him to join in songs ffs, you would expect him to be happy for
a) a team mate scoring
b) us breaking the deadlock against an organised defensive setup.

quiet_riot said:
gazmedina said:

quiet_riot said:

Stupid comment tbh, you would'nt expect him to join in songs ffs, you would expect him to be happy for
a) a team mate scoring

How do you know he wasn't happy? Give me strength. Did MOTD trail a camera on him for a good 30 seconds after the goal went in. Watch any team next time a goal goes in, not everyone joins in a celebration. Some players stay focussed.

There's so little objectivity and so much straw-man making when it comes to our players. FWIW, I thought Dzeko worked well yesterday, won quite a lot of headers against their defenders and worked trying to bring midfielders into play around the D to mixed effect. He also missed a sitter, that happens. He also had to play as a number 10 until Negredo went off - something he'll never be great at but he seemed to get on with it.

Negredo on the other hand hardly contributed. To an extent that's because he was slightly isolated, but frankly he's done chuff all for quite some time now. Now don't get me wrong I love Negredo, but I wonder how his recent performances would have been tolerated had Dzeko put them in. His card is marked, and the behaviour of some fans was absolutely hysterical. You wouldn't have thought we were winning in those last ten minutes. There's onw blokw in front of me who put his entire energy into slagging Dzeko off. Every time the ball gets played into him and it's a "oh here we go" out loud. He always seems to forget the times he does his job but make a big point of being right whenever he doesn't pull something off. He's got absolutely no desire to have any fun at the game at all.

gazmedina said:
quiet_riot said:
gazmedina said:

a) a team mate scoring

How do you know he wasn't happy? Give me strength. Did MOTD trail a camera on him for a good 30 seconds after the goal went in. Watch any team next time a goal goes in, not everyone joins in a celebration. Some players stay focussed.

There's so little objectivity and so much straw-man making when it comes to our players. FWIW, I thought Dzeko worked well yesterday, won quite a lot of headers against their defenders and worked trying to bring midfielders into play around the D to mixed effect. He also missed a sitter, that happens. He also had to play as a number 10 until Negredo went off - something he'll never be great at but he seemed to get on with it.

Negredo on the other hand hardly contributed. To an extent that's because he was slightly isolated, but frankly he's done chuff all for quite some time now. Now don't get me wrong I love Negredo, but I wonder how his recent performances would have been tolerated had Dzeko put them in. His card is marked, and the behaviour of some fans was absolutely hysterical. You wouldn't have thought we were winning in those last ten minutes. There's onw blokw in front of me who put his entire energy into slagging Dzeko off. Every time the ball gets played into him and it's a "oh here we go" out loud. He always seems to forget the times he does his job but make a big point of being right whenever he doesn't pull something off. He's got absolutely no desire to have any fun at the game at all.
How do you know he wasn't singing the chants in his head?..

pudge said:
gazmedina said:
quiet_riot said:
a) a team mate scoring

How do you know he wasn't singing the chants in his head?..

Good point well argued.

Some pleb on Twitter is claiming the stick Edin gets is racism from City fans.

Some times I want to give up.

The final is quickly approaching and hopefully he can put that shocking miss out of his mind next week if he features. Seventeen goals he's scored this season as people have mentioned, let's just forget about the mistake, it can happen to the best of them and get behind him all the way for the remainder of the campaign!

yatesy94 said:
The final is quickly approaching and hopefully he can put that shocking miss out of his mind next week if he features. Seventeen goals he's scored this season as people have mentioned, let's just forget about the mistake, it can happen to the best of them and get behind him all the way for the remainder of the campaign!
The way football works, he might turn out to be the hero next weekend. You don't get where he is unless you have a strong character, and he'll be wanting to bounce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.