Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
aguero93:20 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
shit statistic, you could discount the vast majority of Messi or Ronaldo's goals doing that. As well say the penalty on Tuesday didn't affect the outcome of the match. Negredo and Aguero haven't scored in that many 1 goal wins this season either, the reason being we've been trouncing everybody

Sounds like you're right though I'd like to see the same stats for our other strikers just to put it into comparison

3 shots on target out of 25 seems pretty horrendous though. Again, would like to see stats of our other strikers for this
He's hit a bit of a rough patch inbetween the sticks at the moment, but he's not playing badly, look at the game v Chelsea in the FA cup, brilliant ball retention and build up play, no complaints about the match against stoke either apart from 'that' miss and every striker has a few of those in their locker.

this

no complaints about the match against stoke either apart from 'that' miss and every striker has a few of those in their locker.
Funny post.

There was little right with his game against Stoke, he didn't hold the ball up, he didn't lay it off, he didn't make many challenges, his movement off the ball was almost non existant, and when he could be bothered he took up the wrong position quite a few times. The miss was ridiculous for a footballer at any level, bad luck maybe, but to follow up by kicking the post and risking injury like a petulant 6 year old was stupid.

To credit the good things for balance, he cleared one from the back, his shot from Negredo's lay off was decent enough, and late on he headed one on (to Navas I think), not much to show for 90 minutes.

FromPollockToSilva said:
From Football365 today:

Edin Dzeko

When Edin Dzeko inexplicably missed an open goal against Stoke on Saturday, somehow managing to kick the ball against his standing leg, his frustrated response was to kick out at the post in anger. City fans may have been surprised to see him actually connect with the goal rather than getting his foot caught in the net, such is Dzeko's ghastly form.

The salient fact is this - in his last five matches Dzeko has attempted 25 shots, but only three have hit the target. He can no longer be relied upon in the biggest matches or the tightest situations.

The Bosnian has 17 goals this season, but on only two occasions, against Crystal Palace at home and Leicester away in the Capital One Cup, have his goals actually affected the outcome of the match. A striker does not enhance a reputation by scoring half of his goals in 5-0, 5-0, 5-1, 6-0 and 7-0 victories, and never has a return of a goal every two games looked as false.

Dzeko's status in the City squad is waning, and this is a club with no scope for players to be carried (or at least it shouldn't be). Manuel Pellegrini will surely spend the summer looking for a viable replacement.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/winners-losers/9182812/Winners-Losers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/winners-lose ... ers-Losers</a>

I know I may be easily pleased, but the stats from Edin which will always live with me are the goal he scored against notts county to keep us in the cup the first time we won a major trophy in 35 years, and the equaliser he got against qpr for the first tile in 44. If the goal at sjp happens to lead to our first league cup for 38 years I will be more than happy

BringBackSwales said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
From Football365 today:

Edin Dzeko

When Edin Dzeko inexplicably missed an open goal against Stoke on Saturday, somehow managing to kick the ball against his standing leg, his frustrated response was to kick out at the post in anger. City fans may have been surprised to see him actually connect with the goal rather than getting his foot caught in the net, such is Dzeko's ghastly form.

The salient fact is this - in his last five matches Dzeko has attempted 25 shots, but only three have hit the target. He can no longer be relied upon in the biggest matches or the tightest situations.

The Bosnian has 17 goals this season, but on only two occasions, against Crystal Palace at home and Leicester away in the Capital One Cup, have his goals actually affected the outcome of the match. A striker does not enhance a reputation by scoring half of his goals in 5-0, 5-0, 5-1, 6-0 and 7-0 victories, and never has a return of a goal every two games looked as false.

Dzeko's status in the City squad is waning, and this is a club with no scope for players to be carried (or at least it shouldn't be). Manuel Pellegrini will surely spend the summer looking for a viable replacement.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/winners-losers/9182812/Winners-Losers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/winners-lose ... ers-Losers</a>

I know I may be easily pleased, but the stats from Edin which will always live with me are the goal he scored against notts county to keep us in the cup the first time we won a major trophy in 35 years, and the equaliser he got against qpr for the first tile in 44. If the goal at sjp happens to lead to our first league cup for 38 years I will be more than happy

The above article is just shit journalism. Goal is a goaI, even if its scored at 3-0 or at 7-0. I thought that goal differential is still being counted in the standings. Kolarov scored the winner 1-0 against Leicester, whilst Dzeko scored winners vs Plzen and Newcastle.

BringBackSwales said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
From Football365 today:

Edin Dzeko

We should keep playing him because he scored 2 goals, one 2 years ago and one 3 years ago.

In fact, we should put Dickov and Macken up front next to him

Ronnie the Rep said:
We should swap him for soldado, at least he would be cheaper

If you stick a "G" (sadly not "G for goal" in his case!) on the end of Soldado's name you get Soldadog (aka "sold a pup") so thanks but no thanks. I have always said that ED is a confidence player and at the moment he is a bit low on confidence. A couple at Wembley on Sunday would do wonders for his confidence!

This is a good point, I always rate players based on the words that I can spell from their name.

This is why Ronaldo and Messy are both shit compared to Aguero

Damocles said:
BringBackSwales said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
From Football365 today:

Edin Dzeko

We should keep playing him because he scored 2 goals, one 2 years ago and one 3 years ago.

In fact, we should put Dickov and Macken up front next to him

I don't think he suggested that he should play. With the constant injuries to Sergio and Jovetic, he's had to play whether we like it or not, and he's done a decent job tbf. His time is up at City and he knows it as well.

cleavers said:
I've both supported him, and complained about him on this thread before now, and have deliberately not posted on it since Saturday, as when I did I wanted to do so with a degree of impartiality.

I'm sorry though, he was piss poor on Saturday, pretty much back to the awful Plzen (H) performance (his worst performance in a City shirt).

The miss, ridiculous though it was, was the least of my concerns, it was virtually everything else he did, or more often than not didn't do.

His movement was dreadful, his first touch generally poor, his hold up play was none existant, he had one decent knock on header all game, I don't remember him making a single challenge, he had one decent effort on goal when Negredo laid it on for him, but that, the one header I mentioned, and one clearance in our box, was the sum total of his positive contributions, and its a pretty lame effort for 90 minutes, but the worst thing of all, was that he put more effort into nearly breaking his foot on the post, than pretty well everything else he did, and that was stupidity because we'd already lost Jovetic, and we have Aguero still not fit, so he was risking a really stupid injury, for absolutely nothing, ahead of a cup final, the act of an idiot, frustrated or not.

He's generally played well in recent weeks, so why he has suddenly returned to this, I've no idea, but I hope he snaps out of it quickly. Those blaming the fans for it though are just wrong, the cause is his, not people complaining about him, and if he plays like that I'm afraid he deserves to get some stick.

Bloody hell,cleavers,it could have been me writing that,word for word.
As I`ve said before many a time on this subject,I have supported Dzeko for ages,but I cannot continue but vent my anger and frustration at a guy,who couldn`t trap fucking bag of cement.The effort he puts in is virtually ziltch and never in my life have I seen a big guy go down so easily,at the mere touch on him by a defender.
Enough is enough and he needs to look for pastures new,as it sure aint working at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.