Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oakiecokie said:
cleavers said:
I've both supported him, and complained about him on this thread before now, and have deliberately not posted on it since Saturday, as when I did I wanted to do so with a degree of impartiality.

I'm sorry though, he was piss poor on Saturday, pretty much back to the awful Plzen (H) performance (his worst performance in a City shirt).

The miss, ridiculous though it was, was the least of my concerns, it was virtually everything else he did, or more often than not didn't do.

His movement was dreadful, his first touch generally poor, his hold up play was none existant, he had one decent knock on header all game, I don't remember him making a single challenge, he had one decent effort on goal when Negredo laid it on for him, but that, the one header I mentioned, and one clearance in our box, was the sum total of his positive contributions, and its a pretty lame effort for 90 minutes, but the worst thing of all, was that he put more effort into nearly breaking his foot on the post, than pretty well everything else he did, and that was stupidity because we'd already lost Jovetic, and we have Aguero still not fit, so he was risking a really stupid injury, for absolutely nothing, ahead of a cup final, the act of an idiot, frustrated or not.

He's generally played well in recent weeks, so why he has suddenly returned to this, I've no idea, but I hope he snaps out of it quickly. Those blaming the fans for it though are just wrong, the cause is his, not people complaining about him, and if he plays like that I'm afraid he deserves to get some stick.

Bloody hell,cleavers,it could have been me writing that,word for word.
As I`ve said before many a time on this subject,I have supported Dzeko for ages,but I cannot continue but vent my anger and frustration at a guy,who couldn`t trap fucking bag of cement.The effort he puts in is virtually ziltch and never in my life have I seen a big guy go down so easily,at the mere touch on him by a defender.
Enough is enough and he needs to look for pastures new,as it sure aint working at City.

Two things stood out on Saturday - firstly when Jovetic's drive was parried - what exactly was Dzeko doing - he certainly wasn't following up - as he should have been; and secondly the awful miss was a result of poor technique and or laziness. He should have opened his body, let the ball run across him and rolled it in with his left foot - instead he stood still and tried to bend his right foot around the ball - and as a result he ended up making contact with his standing foot.

Indestructable said:
Good to see so many getting behind a Blue that has served us well. Hope he smacks one in on Sunday.

Spot on, if we had four Aguero's which two would be dropped? Every good team needs solid back up and Edin fits that bill 17 goals from 28 games is a decent return from a player deemed 3/4th choice. Get behind him douchbags.

bert's broken neck said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
We should swap him for soldado, at least he would be cheaper

If you stick a "G" (sadly not "G for goal" in his case!) on the end of Soldado's name you get Soldadog (aka "sold a pup") so thanks but no thanks. I have always said that ED is a confidence player and at the moment he is a bit low on confidence. A couple at Wembley on Sunday would do wonders for his confidence!
Are you prepared to take that chance, if (and it's a big if) Negredo and Jovetic are fit? In a cup final? Obviously Dzeko will get nowhere near the first team if Aguero and the beast are available.

aguero93:20 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Edin's goals have only affected the outcome of the match on 2 occasions this season? Yikes. That says it all really.
shit statistic, you could discount the vast majority of Messi or Ronaldo's goals doing that. As well say the penalty on Tuesday didn't affect the outcome of the match. Negredo and Aguero haven't scored in that many 1 goal wins this season either, the reason being we've been trouncing everybody

I'd presumed it meant that he hadn't scored the first goal to take the lead and only scored goals at 4 or 5-0

Edin Dzeko will never be a Ballon D'or winner but with confidence he has a chance of winning the Golden Boot award.

Some of the fans on here should be ashamed of the criticism of Dzeko. Wonder what some of you lot will do if he bangs one in on Sunday? Refuse to celebrate? No, of course you wont because he's a Blue and he'll be trying to win the cup for us!

Mike N said:
Some of the fans on here should be ashamed of the criticism of Dzeko. Wonder what some of you lot will do if he bangs one in on Sunday? Refuse to celebrate? No, of course you wont because he's a Blue and he'll be trying to win the cup for us!

Just going out on a limb here, I think they'll be happy and celebrate, y'know as he's done his job and all.

Dzekos Smile said:
quiet_riot said:
It may have been mentioned, but having just watched MoTD, it was interesting to see Edin's non-reaction to the goal. Silva and Navas, the other two players in shot were arms raised jubilant, Edin seemed non-plussed.

He went over and congratulated Yaya, what more do you want, did you expect him to suck his Cock or something.

It would be preferable for him not to engage in any distraction.

Mike N said:

Why didn't he try and win the Stoke game for us?

I have never before seen such lack of effort. Some say he's a confidence player, with his goals per game stats and the current run he is getting in the team, he should be full of confidence and effort.

Time to go in the summer, or at least to be played in his more effective position, coming on from the bench.

Dzekos Smile said:
He went over and congratulated Yaya, what more do you want, did you expect him to suck his Cock or something.
How about for him to be a bit more clinical in his finishing, to make the right choice rather than balloon his shot up into the stratosphere when there's a team mate better positioned and to show a better attitude. Some of his performances have been truly of a ''couldn't care less'' type. City fans are generally a fairly forgiving sort if they can see that a player is at least trying. I'm afraid that Edin can come across as not giving a shit in some of his performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.