Edin Dzeko (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirley said:
Damocles said:
Shirley said:
It wasn't much of a conversation though if you can only accuse me of talking shit.

When you have been to as many games as I have, home, away and in Europe then perhaps you can question my knowledge and loyalty.

I'm a Wythenshawe lad probably a lot older than you and grew up standing on the Kippax, you maybe in a position to think you know more than me but somehow I doubt it.

Why are you struggling with such a simple concept again?

I don't care if you personally massaged Bert Trautmann's helmet, nor if you grew up on Kippax Street. The fact is that you can't talk about what the crowd does and doesn't do in a stadium that you're thousands of miles away from better than somebody who was in that stadium.

Are you deaf and blind, just read the posts on here for starters.
Do you think I don't talk to friends and family who go to the games each week?
If I'm not at the games I watch them live on tv and I am not deaf, even the commentators have mentioned it.
Why are you denying Dzeko is becoming the new boo boy, he is not the first.
Everything you're saying is, at best, from second hand information. Someone who was there has told you what happened, or a commentator who was there has said something, or over the TV you believe you've accurately heard what the crowd is doing at a football match. None of those things is as good as actually being there and beign able to hear, first hand, what is going on in the seats directly around you, and slightly further afield. I go to all the matches we play at the Etihad, and my seat is in the section to the left of the away fans, in the blocks that stand and sing fairly constantly. Of course there are grumbles when Dzeko doesn't put in effort, or when he drops a bollock like aganst Stoke, but to say he's beign booed, and to class him as "the new boo boy" is simply inaccurate. Your continual assertion that you are right, without any first hand information to back it up, is irritating.

I would never boo a player wearing a City shirt - I think sometimes fans can't help but react negatively to a bad miss in front of an open goal. But even after that you've got to let it go - it's pointless getting on a player's back - it's also counter productive to the team.

Having said that Dzeko's been with us now for over 2 years. How long do you give a player to find his form and consistency? He can't complain this year that he's not getting enough starts but the longer the season goes on the more chances he's mssing and the more his confidence suffers. On some days some of his play is ok and on other days it's awful but in the two years that he's been here I've never been convinced either by his talents as a finisher or his general footballing abilities to make it a top Premiership team. He seems like a decent bloke and in the right team I'm sure he would be successful but two years is enough time IMO to prove that he's not got a future at City. We can't afford to carry passengers any more.

jknight said:
I would never boo a player wearing a City shirt - I think sometimes fans can't help but react negatively to a bad miss in front of an open goal. But even after that you've got to let it go - it's pointless getting on a player's back - it's also counter productive to the team.

Having said that Dzeko's been with us now for over 2 years. How long do you give a player to find his form and consistency? He can't complain this year that he's not getting enough starts but the longer the season goes on the more chances he's mssing and the more his confidence suffers. On some days some of his play is ok and on other days it's awful but in the two years that he's been here I've never been convinced either by his talents as a finisher or his general footballing abilities to make it a top Premiership team. He seems like a decent bloke and in the right team I'm sure he would be successful but two years is enough time IMO to prove that he's not got a future at City. We can't afford to carry passengers any more.

He signed in January 2011, he's been here for over three years.

akcity said:
Mike N said:
Some of the fans on here should be ashamed of the criticism of Dzeko. Wonder what some of you lot will do if he bangs one in on Sunday? Refuse to celebrate? No, of course you wont because he's a Blue and he'll be trying to win the cup for us!

Why didn't he try and win the Stoke game for us?

I have never before seen such lack of effort. Some say he's a confidence player, with his goals per game stats and the current run he is getting in the team, he should be full of confidence and effort.

Time to go in the summer, or at least to be played in his more effective position, coming on from the bench.

FFS are you serious. Are you trying to say that he missed the sitter on purpose. Every striker has missed sitters in there life time, luckily we got the 3 points so its time to move on, lets look forward to beating Sunderland and I hope Dzeko bags a couple against them.

FromPollockToSilva said:
jknight said:

You're right - I stand corrected. So I ask again is 3 years long enough to decide whether a player is the right man for the job? I think he's had ample time to convince people - particularly this season

Yep all strikers miss sitters ricky lambert against sunderland the other week which was easier than dzeko's the ball was right infront of him<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:06 pm --<br /><br />Yep all strikers miss sitters ricky lambert against sunderland the other week which was easier than dzeko's the ball was right infront of him

I'm still annoyed about his lack of action when Jovetic shot. The only defense I've heard is that it was Jovetic in the wrong for not passing the ball to someone seemingly unable to knock in a ball from a foot outside the goal. That is frankly a ludicrous defense.

taconinja said:
I'm still annoyed about his lack of action when Jovetic shot. The only defense I've heard is that it was Jovetic in the wrong for not passing the ball to someone seemingly unable to knock in a ball from a foot outside the goal. That is frankly a ludicrous defense.

Nothing better to do this morning ha ? You have said that already few times on here. He should have followed it, but he didn't and got stick for it. Time to move on no ?

jknight said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
jknight said:

You're right - I stand corrected. So I ask again is 3 years long enough to decide whether a player is the right man for the job? I think he's had ample time to convince people - particularly this season
Other than a bit of a goal slump, I think he's had a great season so far. He's had a lot of good matches and some excellent ones. Of course, some will only remember his mistakes, but it's undeniable that when Kun got injured the first time, Dzeko filled in well, resulting in us not skipping a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.