Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

WimbledonRd said:
taconinja said:
The reason he isn't starting is his first touch is reliably awful and he's not good enough in pass-and-move against fresh legs. That's it. It's also why he struggles when he starts to score. In his starts this season, he's been set up beautifully often by the other striker we have on the pitch and completely donkey-kicked the ball. Put him on against tired opposition and he has the chance to get behind them. Notice that Silva's pass didn't require a first touch. It was a purely beautiful pass that set itself up for him to strike. If he had to control it before striking, it would likely have ended up in Row Z.

Also... I don't hate Dzeko. Love him. It's a loud contingent of his fans I wish we could sell in January.

Sometimes, a video of an "awful first touch" is the best response to an idiotic post:

<a class="postlink" href="http://videa.hu/videok/hirek-politika/mctot21dze-tg5SC7ccjsGOvm31?start=1.395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://videa.hu/videok/hirek-politika/m ... tart=1.395</a>
Read the post, moron. He didn't have to control the ball, just strike it. As I said.

taconinja said:
The reason he isn't starting is his first touch is reliably awful and he's not good enough in pass-and-move against fresh legs. That's it. It's also why he struggles when he starts to score. In his starts this season, he's been set up beautifully often by the other striker we have on the pitch and completely donkey-kicked the ball. Put him on against tired opposition and he has the chance to get behind them. Notice that Silva's pass didn't require a first touch. It was a purely beautiful pass that set itself up for him to strike. If he had to control it before striking, it would likely have ended up in Row Z.

Also... I don't hate Dzeko. Love him. It's a loud contingent of his fans I wish we could sell in January.

Dude, He has successfully played against Manchester Utd, Bayern, Dortmund, France, Spain, and so on, ALWAYS from the first minute, just not as a City player. He was always one of the best in his team. He rip apart France and Brasil defenders.

It's a shit argument.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 pm --<br /><br />
taconinja said:

Dude, He has successfully played against Manchester Utd, Bayern, Dortmund, France, Spain, and so on, ALWAYS from the first minute, just not as a City player. He was always one of the best in his team. He destroyed France and Brasil defenders.

It's a shit argument.

_dreamer_ said:
taconinja said:

Dude, He has successfully played against Manchester Utd, Bayern, Dortmund, France, Spain, and so on, ALWAYS from the first minute, just not as a City player. He was always one of the best in his team. He rip apart France and Brasil defenders.

It's a shit argument.

-- Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 pm --

taconinja said:

Dude, He has successfully played against Manchester Utd, Bayern, Dortmund, France, Spain, and so on, ALWAYS from the first minute, just not as a City player. He was always one of the best in his team. He destroyed France and Brasil defenders.

It's a shit argument.
Proof is in the pudding. He has an inconsistent first touch. It's why he isn't starting. I think it was against West Ham (but it might have been someone else and I can't check as I'm at work) where we had him in a perfect position and the play completely broke down the moment he received the ball.

taconinja said:
WimbledonRd said:
taconinja said:

Sometimes, a video of an "awful first touch" is the best response to an idiotic post:

<a class="postlink" href="http://videa.hu/videok/hirek-politika/mctot21dze-tg5SC7ccjsGOvm31?start=1.395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://videa.hu/videok/hirek-politika/m ... tart=1.395</a>

Read the post, moron. He didn't have to control the ball, just strike it. As I said.

Striking a ball on a "first touch" is not equal to "first touch" control?
Striking a ball into a goal with a single contact with a ball does not require control?

Wow!

WOWWW!!!!

WimbledonRd said:
taconinja said:
WimbledonRd said:

Striking a ball into a goal with a single contact with a ball does not require control?

Wow!

WOWWW!!!!
Yes. First touch to control is different. That's where he gets into trouble. No one can seriously argue that his striking is off. He's leading the club in scoring. Unfortunately, there are many times in the game that he's needed to control the ball instead of striking at goal. He's inconsistent at that.

WimbledonRd said:
taconinja said:
WimbledonRd said:

Wow!

WOWWW!!!!

What he means is first touch to control the ball, which I agree with. There have been lots of time when the ball has been passed to Dzeko during a pass-and-move attack and his first touch has been so bad that a defender has taken the ball off him.
But dont get me wrong, i love the guy and I think his talent is in his finishing. He is a great finisher with both feet and head.

I can't believe what you're saying - I'm sorry.
So let me just clarify once more:

Are you saying that an act of touching a ball for a very FIRST TIME and scoring a goal with the same, single, first time touch does not constitute a "first touch" ball control?

ade_akhtar said:
WimbledonRd said:
taconinja said:

Wow!

WOWWW!!!!

What he means is first touch to control the ball, which I agree with. There have been lots of time when the ball has been passed to Dzeko during a pass-and-move attack and his first touch has been so bad that a defender has taken the ball off him.
But dont get me wrong, i love the guy and I think his talent is in his finishing. He is a great finisher with both feet and head.
This on all counts. There's no point arguing with WimbledonRd as he's admitted he's not a City fan, so he's either here to stir the pot or because he has a raging erection for a certain player... likely both.

WimbledonRd said:
taconinja,

you're not only an idiot - you are a liar, too.
Actually, I'm mistaken. I switched you with Anti-United. Apologies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.