Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

Tevez and Aguero are the same type of player. Short, manuverable and good dribblers - same advantages and disadvantages.
Balotelli and Dzeko are tall, strong and poachers. Also same pluses and minuses.

Every game should ideally have 2 strikers: one of Tevez or Aguero and one of Dzeko or Balotelli.
Tevez and Aguero together is a mistake. Same as Balotelli and Dzeko. Its the mix of the two that gives us the best of both worlds.

Right now we should play Tevez & Dzeko or Aguero & Dzeko.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Bigga said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
I do think he should get more game time but he looks no where near as good when he starts compared to when he comes of the bench.

Mmm. How do I say 'what a sh*t post' in English?

Oh wait...

WHAT A SH*T POST!!

The difference between last year and this, so far, is that Edin has realised he can't rely on playing a number of games to keep his confidence up. He has to have that self belief in himself to score whenever he gets half a chance (proof of which almost happened at The Bernabeu with his first real touch of the ball).

It's been a revelation in his own head that he is at a club where the chance to make a great impression are few and few between. His manager is a hard task master and it's up to him to convince Mancini he is right for this great club of ours.

I suspect Mancini already knows this.
Okay dont really get what all that has to do with what I said but I still stick by my statement that Dzeko is much better coming off the bench than when he starts.

Not true. He started against QPR and was possibly our best player that day.

JBG said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Bigga said:
Mmm. How do I say 'what a sh*t post' in English?

Oh wait...

WHAT A SH*T POST!!

The difference between last year and this, so far, is that Edin has realised he can't rely on playing a number of games to keep his confidence up. He has to have that self belief in himself to score whenever he gets half a chance (proof of which almost happened at The Bernabeu with his first real touch of the ball).

It's been a revelation in his own head that he is at a club where the chance to make a great impression are few and few between. His manager is a hard task master and it's up to him to convince Mancini he is right for this great club of ours.

I suspect Mancini already knows this.
Okay dont really get what all that has to do with what I said but I still stick by my statement that Dzeko is much better coming off the bench than when he starts.

And he was unquestionably our stand out performer before being subbed v Arsenal the other weekend.

Not quite yet, but Edin has played brilliantly this season so far, scoring goals just when we need them. A certain header on the last game springs to mind ;)

Also the fulham goal was pretty ace, just what we needed.

I'm thinking he will get the start against Dortmund?

He's scored on them several times during his Bundesliga days, and even assisted against them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZMNlrkT1eg[/youtube]

Derzelez said:
I'm thinking he will get the start against Dortmund?

He's scored on them several times during his Bundesliga days, and even assisted against them.

It would make sense, plus after hardly featuring at Fulham he'll be fresh. Dzeko's experience of playing against German teams, and this team in particular would lead you to believe a Dzeko/Aguero starting forward line would be the best bet for Dortmund.

Impeccable said:
JBG said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

And he was unquestionably our stand out performer before being subbed v Arsenal the other weekend.

Same with Arsenal. He's been very good all season thus far

LongsightM13 said:
The Tevez-Aguero partnership only looked good against Norwich away, imo.
I've seen little or no evidence of it being especially effective since then

Agreed. Tevez and Aguero eliminates the possibility of goals from crosses because they're so small and such similar players.

Just looking at the Fulham match, there were countless times we had great build up, worked the ball wide and then either had to play back because no one was in the middle, or we crossed and it was easily dealt with as neither Aguero or Tevez are good in the air.

For me, one of Balotelli and Edin should play with one of Aguero and Tevez, and at the minute our first choice partnership should be Dzeko and Aguero.

brian the blue said:
LongsightM13 said:
The Tevez-Aguero partnership only looked good against Norwich away, imo.
I've seen little or no evidence of it being especially effective since then

Agreed. Tevez and Aguero eliminates the possibility of goals from crosses because they're so small and such similar players.

Just looking at the Fulham match, there were countless times we had great build up, worked the ball wide and then either had to play back because no one was in the middle, or we crossed and it was easily dealt with as neither Aguero or Tevez are good in the air.

For me, one of Balotelli and Edin should play with one of Aguero and Tevez, and at the minute our first choice partnership should be Dzeko and Aguero.
Should it fuck, Tevez and Aguero are our best two strikers, havent we won everygame when these two have started together? Plus we dont even have any decent crossers of the ball so Dzeko wouldnt get any decent service.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.