Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

noise said:
taconinja said:
AntiUnited said:
So what your really saying that im Bosnian (even though ive said time and time again im American). and obviously i wouldn't know the ''way you do'' since ive only been watching the epl for like 6 years now. But i would assume assisting you guys to the first title in the modern era. would go down into legendary status not to mention many bail out goals. but i guess im wrong..
If your lot extended the same courtesy to all the players that helped get us to that title, your argument would be more convincing. As it stands, many of you seem eager to tear down other players in the squad.
Personally I never slagged off other players. In fact I am very fond of Kompany, Zabaleta, Milner (to name a few other players), I would actually have to say Vinny is probably my favorite. But I never post about him, because I don't have to. There isn't a group of fans who boo Kompany. I have heard fans boo Dzeko for being subbed in (well technically for subbing out Tevez, but to similar effect nonetheless).

Few reasons why Dzeko is so polarizing of a figure on this team. He's a striker, strikers get more attention. This is a fact. It's why Ballon d'Or goes to strikers or attacking midfielders most of the time.

He's the top scorer with least amount of minutes played (he has surpassed Mario, but for awhile this season Mario actually had more time on the pitch, despite Dzeko having most goals scored). And everyone was jumping in with their: "only good as a sub" comments.

People talk shit about Dzeko (and Mario). Go a few pages back, even though Dzeko was MOTM in the match against Arsenal, you have posters saying: "I still hate him". Seriously, hate?

He's a completely different player to other strikers we have. Freak of nature, he's really tall, but can score with head and both feet. Not as good a dribbler though. Not something you see every day, which is why he's special.

He deserves better, than to be fucking called a scarecrow, someone with a touch of an elephant, lamp post, and to have so called fans openly claim they hate him.

The reason why I am compelled to post about Dzeko is because I think he's being treated unfairly.

Honestly sometimes I wish he'd leave, because then I could just go back to lurking on these forums, and not have to respond to nimrods who only care about instantly gratifying flair offered by one of the other dribbling strikers on our team.
I don't wish him to leave. I like him as a player. Personally, I hope he stays for years and scores bagfuls of goals. Like every player that's ever walked onto a pitch, he has strengths and weaknesses.

I don't understand why dzeko divides blues like this.

A blue is a blue. I'm mancunian, yet I have a hint of an American accent having lived in the states durin my teens and university. Living back in the uk, some people are thrown off a bit by my manc/American blend... Does that make my opinion any less fucking valid? I don't even remember my first Maine road experience I was so young.

Point is, the yank is stating his opinion a bit too polarized, but he has a Platform. Dzeko is probably our best striker on current form. Augeros injury stalled his season. Him and dzeko for me when fit.

Stop the fucking name calling and xenophobia. A footballing opinion is a footballing opinion. A blue is a blue. I've met a few people commenting in this thread, and you lot are much nicer at a match. :). Fuck emoticons.

jimmy blue shoes said:
Anyone know what the message means?

thumbs_edin-dzeko-t-shirt-message-v-arsenal.jpg

To my fan boys on bluemoon!

Big Girl Edin ;)

Not read the whole thread, so sorry if already covered.

But does anyone know how many of Edin's goals have come in the 6 yard box?

I think Edin best play as a cetnre forward, on the last man as a poacher. None of this bollocks drifting out wide. Stick him up front and keep him there. Play the width of the 18 yard box. The best example of this is Spurs away last year. His first 3 goals, all came in the 6 yard box. That's where I like the strikers to score.

I was going to post about my joy at meeting Dzeko the other day after training. It will have to be another time.

I am just totally lost for words.

I have just read the tragic thread about the City fan Kieran aged 18 who was stabbed to death this week. I cannot believe it. My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Kieran.

probably noone cares, but tevez gave a radio interview yesterday, he was praising Dzeko's performances /goals for City :)

Put it this way 10 yards from goal seems to be his weak point. Had Balotelli missed that there would be an up roar!

Thought he had a poor game today but still held the ball up well, I just don't feel confident when he takes on defenders and by the looks of things I don't think he does either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.