Edin Dzeko? 'Edin Somwhere.

On one hand I feel the guy lad is an excellent player who will go on to do the business for city if given the chance and a bit of service. Of this I am sure of.

On the other hand, I'm not sure he will be given the chance when Mancini has the more familiar option of Tevez and a shiny new Aguero to use. If this ends up being the case, with Dzeko not seeing many games, as a top striker he won't be happy on the bench. When this happens, we should all pray that the Mourinho offer is still on the table, and get a decent return for our 27m investment. He's Mourinho's type of striker anyway.

JBG said:
On one hand I feel the guy lad is an excellent player who will go on to do the business for city if given the chance and a bit of service. Of this I am sure of.

On the other hand, I'm not sure he will be given the chance when Mancini has the more familiar option of Tevez and a shiny new Aguero to use. If this ends up being the case, with Dzeko not seeing many games, as a top striker he won't be happy on the bench. When this happens, we should all pray that the Mourinho offer is still on the table, and get a decent return for our 27m investment. He's Mourinho's type of striker anyway.

He is also a Mancini type striker. Mancini loved Ibra at Inter. Whether Dzeko can be as good or as effective domestically in the PL as Ibra is in Italy is debatable.

If Tevez stays it changes the dynamic but thats more because of the uniqueness and effectiveness of Tevez rather than anything about Dzeko.

BobKowalski said:
He is also a Mancini type striker. Mancini loved Ibra at Inter. Whether Dzeko can be as good or as effective domestically in the PL as Ibra is in Italy is debatable.

If Tevez stays it changes the dynamic but thats more because of the uniqueness and effectiveness of Tevez rather than anything about Dzeko.

Good point. Perhaps Mancini at City prefers the Tevez's and Aguero's of the world, because I don't see Ibrahimovic fitting in too well to our squad. It seems a bit more obvious to me that Aguero and Tevez types will find it easier to get clasped in.

Dzeko is my favourite person in the squad, I like his outlook and personality but can I ask a genuine question. I admit I am no expert this is more from a personal point of view.

Should we let him go for his own career? I am only really going from peoples opinions on here and I am making assumptions but

If Tevez does stay he will play, due to opinion on here comparing Tevez and Aguero, I am assuming our style of play will suit Aguero as well

Mario is being given chance after chance to prove his worth, if there is a place on match day, I feel he would be picked over Dzeko.

Mancini said a team could be built around Dzeko but this doesn't seem to have happened. Everyone is saying we don't play to Dzeko's strengths, would the team we have be able to swap and change to one week playing to Tevez/Aguero style to changing to Dzeko's style the next.

I really like him and can't stomach the thought of us taking him from hero to zero. He is obviously a great player and loved by many football fans so is it fair to keep him at his age when his career was at a high just because we either didn't think things through or are unwilling or unable to change our style to suit him. As I say I really want him to stay but not at the cost of him sitting on the bench as fourth choice and not being able to prove himself because we cannot give him the tools to help him, he is to good for that and deserves better.

As I say a genuine question and would be glad if those with a greater football knowledge of styles of play etc could help.

omg shut the fuck up you bunch of moaning fuckers dzeko was one off the best on the pitch for us yesterday and he is going to be outstanding for us this season and in what he did for wolfs will be like a warm up when we see him in the same front line up as kun, silva and nasri at the same time.

g180aj said:
omg shut the fuck up you bunch of moaning fuckers dzeko was one off the best on the pitch for us yesterday and he is going to be outstanding for us this season and in what he did for wolfs will be like a warm up when we see him in the same front line up as kun, silva and nasri at the same time.

Well said

A fantastic strike, whatever the rags on Sky say...

The ball not spinning at all, Jouninho/Ronaldo style.

clip0062-1.gif

Reason said:
A fantastic strike, whatever the rags on Sky say...

The ball not spinning at all, Jouninho/Ronaldo style.

clip0062-1.gif

it swerwed and then in the last few meters dipped and went away from the keeper, it was not keepers fault, the trajectory deceived him, the shot was just to hard...

First I apologize for my ad English language that I have learned long ago in the highschool here in bosnia. I wish you a lot of luck, succes to win the title, but you're unlikely to achieve this with Mancini and his tactics. I'm sorry for our Edin and a club in which he came, but I think the real problem is tactics of your coach that is a horrible, disastrous. You do not have the game, especially missing you a lot stronger midfield. when the City plays tehere is no one on the streets in Bosnia :-) because everybody is in front of television :-) but dzeko is absolutely cut off and it will be difficult for him to give a lot of goals if Roberto continues with this approach to the game. edin also must much more hard working but...
I wish you guys good luck again in the premiership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.