Edin Dzeko (on his Web site)(merged)

Re: Dzeko on his Web site

We need tall players like Dzeko for set-piece situations. If we want someone to run with the ball, we can always use Aguero/Silva. That is not to say Dzeko can't do that (he did score in a similar situation), but he seems to get dispossessed an awful lot nowadays..

Mancini simply needs to keep switching tactics as the game goes on. We can't always be passing and trying to take the ball into the opponents' box. Their defenders know how to stop this.
We need to take shots from outside the box, and allow for crosses into the box which players like Dzeko can latch onto. We need to get proper wingers or demand our current "wingers" to raise their game. Unfortunately Kolarov and Clichy are inconsistent in their crosses. Sometimes its brilliant, but many times it is overshot. That cross from Kolarov and the way Dzeko scored from it, was an absolute beauty. It needs to be repeated over and over again.

IMO, Apart from our defenders like Kompany, Richards and Lescott, Dzeko is the forward most likely to score with a header, from a cross that comes from set-piece situations, followed by Balotelli..

city diehard said:
EaglesFan said:
Bayern said:
Hi,
I'm Bayern Fan from Germany. Gomez is a very good goal scorer. No doubt. We are happy to have him. But he is not better player then dzeko.
Everybody in Germany knows that gomez is not a very good or very skilled footballer, but he scores a lot of goals, that matters.

In terms of allround play, passing, pace and other things dzeko is much better then gomez.
Dzeko is stronger in the air, left and right footed. Good passing and good vision.
Everything that gomez doesnt have.

If we would have dzeko, we would be on top of the table..

Hello Bayern fan.

Props to you for honest (and neutral) opinion.

However, if you were at this board long enough you would know that there are clans here supporting specific players - and there is no sense at all reasoning with them.

Whatever anyone says does not matter - Balotelli clan will always claim Dzeko is shit, and vice versa.

For example, "pudge" will tell you for a guy who has 18 goals and 6 assists in limited time this season, is his team's 2nd best scorer, and is leagues best in goals per minute - "have you seen him play this season"....you get the point.

Objectivity and reason have nothing to do with this board. Whatsoever.

Good luck in Champions League, you have a scary team.

YCMTSU, unbelievable. The only clan we fcukin support is the team, dunce.

Been saying it for months but I'll say it again as I'm a boring ****

He has that rare gift, an instinctive ability to score goals regardless of how well or poorly he's playing.

Sometimes he looks clumsy and our style of play doesn't suit him one bit. Technically Mario, Sergio and Tevez are better footballers.

Regardless, play him every league game in the run in and he'll score the goals that will win us the title.

If only Mancini saw it the same way. If he'd sidelined Mario and played Edin in most games this season we'd be running away with it.

Spread the play a little to buy him some space, fling balls into the box from all angles and HE WILL SCORE

Please God let Mancini see this before it's too late

Santiago Street . said:
Been saying it for months but I'll say it again as I'm a boring ****

He has that rare gift, an instinctive ability to score goals regardless of how well or poorly he's playing.

Sometimes he looks clumsy and our style of play doesn't suit him one bit. Technically Mario, Sergio and Tevez are better footballers.

Regardless, play him every league game in the run in and he'll score the goals that will win us the title.

If only Mancini saw it the same way. If he'd sidelined Mario and played Edin in most games this season we'd be running away with it.

Spread the play a little to buy him some space, fling balls into the box from all angles and HE WILL SCORE

Please God let Mancini see this before it's too late

It's too late for Big Ed now. Don't think he will start another match tbf. Clearly Mancini doesn't believe anymore in Edin nor does he suit the way he wants us to play. Still wondering why he was so eager to buy him last year if he had that formation/style in mind...

The fact that Dzeko isn't really arsed to put in a shift as of late doesn't help him/us either.

Oh well, fingers crossed I'm wrong

Definately made a difference when he came on, was the only one putting a shift in at the time. His hustle helped set up the first goal and seemed to give the team a boost.

After tonight, I'd plump for him and Sergio up front next Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.