Edin Dzeko (on his Web site)(merged)

Re: Dzeko on his Web site

Blue Haze said:
He looks so short on confidence right now, I'd honestly rather see Tevez.

If only Dzeko had Mario's confidence, he would be world class. But he seems to have Berbatov syndrome.

He will be gone next year if any club puts in a decent bid.

Actually, I would put my money on Mancinis dispatch, if he fails to reclaim and retain first place and eventually win the title !

if he had bit more pace and a normal touch he'd be a good player
can't see him lasting here long

Dzeko on his Web site

I feel really sorry for dzeko. He is a top quality centre forward with that killer instinct. But he seems to need games. When he's on form his balance in tight situations and his vision are impressive, but not as much as his ability to get his head over the ball and put it into the net.

Hes had to work hard at city because he is in and out the side, up against another 2/3 top class forwards . And he doesn't get the percentage balls in the box he needs to.

I think he's 'got it' but the current situation at city doesnt suit him. He comes across as a real pro and a top guy to me.

He should play up top with Mario!
They are best mates and seemed very in-sync during training on one of the vids on OS.

lee-mcfc said:

I hate to defend Dzeko, he doesn't need it, and because I'm Bosnian, people may not take my opinion into consideration as a serious one.

But...believe it or not, I can't force anyone to trust me... I write and sometimes defend him, only because I know him as a player. Yes, I probably know him that much because he's Bosnian, and I watch all potential National team players, but I don't, kind of, defend him because of the nationality (never would), but only cause I know his qualities.

And that's the reason why I say following...Dzeko won the german Bundesliga with a shitty Wolfsburg. He was their best player, voted by all Bundesliga players as the best player in the league, he was the only player in the league classed as "World class" by the most relevant football Newspaper and website - Kicker.

Do you really think it could ever happen if he had such a bad touch, and no pace? It was never an issue before, no one ever mentioned it. His only weakness, in the beginning of his Wolfsburg period, was heading. After he improved it, Wolfsburg's manager Felix Magath stated that Dzeko is the perfect striker with no weaknesses. And Magath's words are pretty relevant in the world of football, he's the most respectable coach in Germany.

It means, it's all about his confidence, which was, aswell, never a problem, an issue beofre. Something obviously changed in City and I can only guess what it is, and I assume that the reason behind it is...on the one side, the high transfer fee and high expectations from the club and especially from Bosnians (try to imagine what kind of pressure it is when the whole war-torn nation sees you as their hero and you don't want to disappoint them)...and on the other side, bunch of idiots who call themselves City fans, but abuse him after every single mistake he makes. And one more thing, the way Mancini treats him even if he plays well, scores, assists, there's always the obvious preferation of Balo and Aguero, even if he's phenomenal (benched the next game, after scoring 4 goals against Tottenham).

There are two solutions. Either idiots get off his back and Mancini shows him a bit more trust, which will(I have no doubt about that) boost Dzeko to accomplish what he accomplished in Wolfsburg, or him and the club go different ways.

I'd like to see solution #1 cause it doesn't require much to change, just a little bit more trust and respect, he can do wonders afterwards. I know, I already watched this fairytale becoming reality.

Honestly, I think Dzeko (all of our strikers in fact) would score soooooo many more goals if we had just one very good winger.

I'm not even talking about crossing to his head (which are less accurate). Just a winger that can beat a player with a simple skill (get behind the defensive line) and pass a nice ball across the face of goal for the striker to tap in.
Something like this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfi_jTChCEU[/youtube]

We wouldn't even have to change our playing style to accommodate a winger. Service into the box comes mainly from our fullbacks, but it doesn't have to be the only way.

Remember Mancini was quoted as saying Dzeko needs a winger.

We need a winger, but also someone to feed the winger if our forwards are swamped.

Someone like Pirlo. Well let's hope Pizarro can keep it up.

Blue Haze said:
We need a winger, but also someone to feed the winger if our forwards are swamped.
I definitely agree, but also when you look at teams like Everton that were very vigilant and constantly intercepted our through balls in the box, a winger or forward that can make something happen on his own could be very useful.

gogop said:
lee-mcfc said:

I hate to defend Dzeko, he doesn't need it, and because I'm Bosnian, people may not take my opinion into consideration as a serious one.

But...believe it or not, I can't force anyone to trust me... I write and sometimes defend him, only because I know him as a player. Yes, I probably know him that much because he's Bosnian, and I watch all potential National team players, but I don't, kind of, defend him because of the nationality (never would), but only cause I know his qualities.

And that's the reason why I say following...Dzeko won the german Bundesliga with a shitty Wolfsburg. He was their best player, voted by all Bundesliga players as the best player in the league, he was the only player in the league classed as "World class" by the most relevant football Newspaper and website - Kicker.

Do you really think it could ever happen if he had such a bad touch, and no pace? It was never an issue before, no one ever mentioned it. His only weakness, in the beginning of his Wolfsburg period, was heading. After he improved it, Wolfsburg's manager Felix Magath stated that Dzeko is the perfect striker with no weaknesses. And Magath's words are pretty relevant in the world of football, he's the most respectable coach in Germany.

It means, it's all about his confidence, which was, aswell, never a problem, an issue beofre. Something obviously changed in City and I can only guess what it is, and I assume that the reason behind it is...on the one side, the high transfer fee and high expectations from the club and especially from Bosnians (try to imagine what kind of pressure it is when the whole war-torn nation sees you as their hero and you don't want to disappoint them)...and on the other side, bunch of idiots who call themselves City fans, but abuse him after every single mistake he makes. And one more thing, the way Mancini treats him even if he plays well, scores, assists, there's always the obvious preferation of Balo and Aguero, even if he's phenomenal (benched the next game, after scoring 4 goals against Tottenham).

There are two solutions. Either idiots get off his back and Mancini shows him a bit more trust, which will(I have no doubt about that) boost Dzeko to accomplish what he accomplished in Wolfsburg, or him and the club go different ways.

I'd like to see solution #1 cause it doesn't require much to change, just a little bit more trust and respect, he can do wonders afterwards. I know, I already watched this fairytale becoming reality.

You are right, but you are wrong about why he is playing badly IMO.

He was much faster, agile and slimmer under magath and that was because of his hardcore fitness training, dzeko is obviously on a different regieme here at city to "bulk him up" so he seems slower, which has affected his game imo

This match below was the first time I honestly saw Dzeko play (watch at 1:22) and followed him ever since. He was skinnier and probably more agile as a result but the finishing touch on the 2nd goal for Bosnia was tremendous.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n03ZoGG4ETs[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.