Edin Dzeko (on his Web site)(merged)

Re: Dzeko on his Web site

He's a confidence player, we've all seen them.
If his first touch in a game is a good one he usually goes on and plays well, however if it bounces ten yards off his shin you can almost guarantee he will have a shit game.

I think on his day he's a class act, off his game he can be awful. I hope he stays and becomes the player he was in the early stages of the season on a more consistant basis.

I see some good points on strength vs. agility (City days vs. Wolfsburg days).

However, I personnaly disagree that he was "more agile" at Wolfsburg than at City.

I believe that's just difference between pace of the game in EPL vs. Bundesliga. Everything in EPL is faster, thus Dzeko's movement might have appeared faster in Bundesliga.

He did get MUCH stronger since coming to City, and that will work well for him (always though he should bulk up). So:

Pace = same
Strength = improvement at City
Skills = improvement at City (believe it or not, I think him having to adjust to City's style of play just improved him as a player).
Confidence = shot at City :-)

Overall - I personally think he is a better player now than he was at Wolfsburg, except that his confidence is really shot. He could be a GREAT BUY for an EPL team looking for starting CF, or pretty much any top team in any other league.

pudge said:
JasminBosnia said:
Ducado said:
Can we keep this thread peaceful as every other Dzeko thread ends up with a few bans and warnings

Feel good knowing I did not deserve warning nor ban on this forum yet, and I was advised to fook off from this forum. You know where am I coming from :) ?

Feed the Edin (Goat) and he will score every game. Better than any old fashion CF who do not take a part in build up play. Just see Gomez tonight, scored four goals with six touches and Edin is way better than him.

I would play him vs Chelsea not Sporting as they will play like Napoli and we dont have a width. Actually, we have but RM still believe in tikky takka football.
I lol'd

Well, before you lol - wait and see if Gomez outscores Dzeko's total this season...while playing WITH the likes of Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger and Muller.

While Dzeko was in Bundesliga same Mario Gomez could not clean his boots, and Dzeko was in fucking mediocre Wolfsburg...so lol all you want mate.

EaglesFan said:
I see some good points on strength vs. agility (City days vs. Wolfsburg days).

However, I personnaly disagree that he was "more agile" at Wolfsburg than at City.

I believe that's just difference between pace of the game in EPL vs. Bundesliga. Everything in EPL is faster, thus Dzeko's movement might have appeared faster in Bundesliga.

dumbest thing i've ever heard, he also played in the champions league, europa league and for bosnia during this time you know...where he was faster and more agile

Marvin said:
If we played him regularly with Kolarov we'd be better off.

We're too reliant on one twos and threading the ball through an eye of the needle to score.

Getting crosses into Dzeko, or corners into Lescott is an easier way to score than 90 mins of possession and pressure on the edge of the box.

See goals at Wigan and Villa...set pieces

We need variation in our game.
This is the biggest reason for me why we are struggling to win games away from home; lack of variation in the way we play.

Dzeko on his Web site

Said it before that Dzeko is a 'confidence' player. My only criticism of Mancini as a manager is he either doesn't see this in Edin or simply doesn't rate him.

When he was scoring for fun at the start of the season it would have bern better if he had remained in the side. I thought Mancini did right giving him a rest but I never thought Edin would suffer as a consequence. Hindsight, eh?

A consistent run of games will result in goals. It's a shame there are only 10 games left as giving him a run of about 15 would, IMO, reap huge reward.

Sounds like he had the chance to put the rumours to bed, so does sound like goodbye.

Looks like we could be pulling in some big numbers towards FFPR this summer.

Maybe it was a forward-thinking policy?

Tevez, Adebayor, Dzeko, that's £50m right there.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sounds like he had the chance to put the rumours to bed, so does sound like goodbye.

I thought you had Balotelli going as well tolmie or at least suggested on a thread it would be best for him and the club to leave.

A complete new strike force over the summer for a side looking to tinker now for FFPR and stablilty as well?

If we can get rid of Tevez and replace him then that will be about it up front I would suggest.

Other than that we may bring in two others in midfield and defence in totla and a fast wide man.

You don't replace a strike force that scores for fun especially at home Tolmie.

Dzeko and Balotelli will only get better with time in terms of consistency while quite possibly not scoring as many as they have this season.

mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I thought you had Balotelli going as well tolmie or at least suggested on a thread it would be best for him and the club to leave.

A complete new strike force over the summer for a side looking to tinker now for FFPR and stablilty as well?

If we can get rid of Tevez and replace him then that will be about it up front I would suggest.

Other than that we may bring in two others in midfield and defence in totla and a fast wide man.

Dzeko and Balotelli will only get better with time in terms of consistency while quite possibly not scoring as many as they have this season.

So are you saying there is no chance of Tevez, Adebayor and Dzeko not being sold?

Nobody had Balotelli going, only questioning the wisdom of a potential sale for his own sanity.

If Mancini is let go, also feel free to tell me that Balotelli will be happy to stay.

Because if that scenario should ever come about, Mario won't be far behind him.

We will be looking for at least two new attacking players this summer.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

So are you saying there is no chance of Tevez, Adebayor and Dzeko not being sold?

Nobody had Balotelli going, only questioning the wisdom of a potential sale for his own sanity.

If Mancini is let go, also feel free to tell me that Balotelli will be happy to stay.

Because if that scenario should ever come about, Mario won't be far behind him.

We will be looking for at least two new attacking players this summer.

I must admit I'm beginning to see the logic in your thread regarding Balotelli leaving for his own good after the Swansea game. Mario was kicked from pillar to post for the entire game, with barely a foul given, never mind any cards issued, yet Mario's first foul resulted in an instant yellow card. This is happening week after week, and it must be soul destroying for the lad. Adebayor and Dzeko can go for me, although I'd definitely be keeping Tevez. I know you aren't a big fan of signing Van Persie, but I'd have him here in a heartbeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.