Edin Dzeko

kippaxchris said:
didactic said:
BosnianDiamond said:
There is way too much over-analyzing on this forum. Some of you guys have unrealistic expectations of the players and are way too "knee jerk". If you didn't see the way that Dzeko opened up the game with his presence against Liverpool, then you don't know football.

Sure he looks awkward sometimes because of his height, but he's very effective. People often underestimated him because of this.

Dzeko should've scored but it wasn't an easy angle. Give Balotelli a break too, it's not that easy to score in the PL.

Well said these guys want FIFA12 football where players score a hat trick every game. Over 15 goals a season means you a very good striker in this league.
Dzeko got 14 in the league last season and 4 came in 1 game so does that mean you think he isnt a very good striker in this league? As for the Fifa comment i dont think people expect a hat-trick every week even Messi cant achieve that! Its more of a people expect Dzeko to maybe even try and get close to the amount of goals that Aguero Tevez Rooney RVP score as he cost more than all of them except Aguero

[edit]Top scorers
Rank Player Club Goals[38]
1 Robin van Persie Arsenal 30
2 Wayne Rooney Manchester United 27
3 Sergio Agüero Manchester City 23
4 Clint Dempsey Fulham 17
Emmanuel Adebayor Tottenham Hotspur 17
Yakubu Blackburn Rovers 17
7 Demba Ba Newcastle United 16
8 Grant Holt Norwich City 15
9 Edin Džeko Manchester City 14
10 Mario Balotelli Manchester City 13
Papiss Cissé Newcastle United 13

didactic said:
kippaxchris said:
didactic said:
Well said these guys want FIFA12 football where players score a hat trick every game. Over 15 goals a season means you a very good striker in this league.
Dzeko got 14 in the league last season and 4 came in 1 game so does that mean you think he isnt a very good striker in this league? As for the Fifa comment i dont think people expect a hat-trick every week even Messi cant achieve that! Its more of a people expect Dzeko to maybe even try and get close to the amount of goals that Aguero Tevez Rooney RVP score as he cost more than all of them except Aguero

[edit]Top scorers

Not bad at all for 3rd / 4th choice strikers.

Both Balo and Dzeko get a lot of undeserved shit on the forums sometimes

Danielmanc said:
didactic said:
kippaxchris said:

[edit]Top scorers

Not bad at all for 3rd / 4th choice strikers.

Both Balo and Dzeko get a lot of undeserved shit on the forums all the time
Edited

didactic said:
BosnianDiamond said:
There is way too much over-analyzing on this forum. Some of you guys have unrealistic expectations of the players and are way too "knee jerk". If you didn't see the way that Dzeko opened up the game with his presence against Liverpool, then you don't know football.

Sure he looks awkward sometimes because of his height, but he's very effective. People often underestimated him because of this.

Dzeko should've scored but it wasn't an easy angle. Give Balotelli a break too, it's not that easy to score in the PL.

I will second that any time.

Both Edin and Mario get so much undeserved abuse here - it's really amazing.

The funniest bit is - when starting 11 struggle and Dzeko/Mario are brought in around 80-th minute - people expect miracles every time and get on their back instantly.

Guess what - there are not many players who can make true impact in last 10-15 minutes game in and game out...Pippo Inzaghi might be the best ever at this (impact sub) - and even he had more misses than hits that late. People need to get a clue and give these guys a break.

Like didactic pointed out - 15 + goals in EPL cannot make you a "shit player". Just ridiculous.

kippaxchris said:
didactic said:
BosnianDiamond said:

So what if he scored 4 goals in 1 game, is that a bad thing ? Dont really get why alot of ppl use the "4goals in 1 game" against dzeko.
Just to clarify without those 4 goals the game ends 1-1 and possibly no Title in the end... Some ppl really should think before posting such idiotic comments...

He is a class striker who scored many important goals last season.

Aguero is the poster boy and a top top player but he had a nack of getting a goal or 2 once we were already in the lead.

People on here moan more then when we were rubbish.

Someone needs to piss him off before he plays, get a bit of aggression in him.

The talent's there, he just doesn't seem to have a "tough" enough mentality. (basically he lets his head drop too easily)

brian the blue said:
Someone needs to piss him off before he plays, get a bit of aggression in him.

The talent's there, he just doesn't seem to have a "tough" enough mentality. (basically he lets his head drop too easily)

+1....

its more of a "Balkan mentality" :)

The comments on here are amazing sometimes, Edin Dzeko at around 14/15 goals a season is one of the main reasons Manchester City are champions, together with Mario Balotelli,these two are and should be, part of an emerging dynasty of players. In a team with the quality of ours, to perform at the level they have done is more than I expected, given the level of press and supporter pressure both have endured.
What the fuck do people want from our strikers? We've just seen the stats, compare them with our opponents.
Then shut the fuck up.

adorado30 said:
kippaxchris said:
didactic said:

So what if he scored 4 goals in 1 game, is that a bad thing ? Dont really get why alot of ppl use the "4goals in 1 game" against dzeko.
Just to clarify without those 4 goals the game ends 1-1 and possibly no Title in the end... Some ppl really should think before posting such idiotic comments...

Maybe you should learn to read before making yourself look like an idiot with your comment!

Didactic said if you score more than 15 goals in this league then you are a very very good striker obviously talking about Dzeko!

So i asked Didactic if he thought Dzeko wasn't a VERY VERY GOOD striker in this league as he only scored 14 goals in the season including 4 in 1 game (LESS THAN 15+) blatently pointing to the fact that without that 1 game he scored 10 throughout the majority of his games and the season!!!! So does that really make me look like an idiot for asking him a question about what he thought and how many Dzeko actually scored?

I am also aware that Dzeko scored some important goals during last season that won us the League and the FA Cup the season before! QPR HOME, QPR AWAY, SPURS AWAY, 1-6, 2 VS ARIS, LATE WINNER AT BLACKBURN, NOTTS COUNTY! Southampton this season i am well aware of these goals and the goals you mentioned! I am in no doubt that he will score more important goals for the club but that doesn't mean that i have to think hes good enough to play for City.

And no 4 goals in 1 game is not a bad thing obviously.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.