Edin Dzeko

As much as I love Mancini and respect everything he's done for us, he has a serious problem with deciding when to go to Plan B. I think most of us recognize his hesitancy to switch things up and it has cost us points in the past as it did today. Honestly, I just don't understand why he is so apprehensive on sending on Dzeko when we clearly need to go a different direction in a match like Stoke today. I don't want to get into the whole Dzeko battle, but the guy plainly and simply scores goals. He just about bailed out Mancini today in the three minutes he was on. Regardless of his pace, touch, whatever, the guy knows where the back of the net is and should have been utilized much sooner today, if not starting. Because of that, I'm putting this result on Mancini's shoulders.

SoDakBlue said:
As much as I love Mancini and respect everything he's done for us, he has a serious problem with deciding when to go to Plan B. I think most of us recognize his hesitancy to switch things up and it has cost us points in the past as it did today. Honestly, I just don't understand why he is so apprehensive on sending on Dzeko when we clearly need to go a different direction in a match like Stoke today. I don't want to get into the whole Dzeko battle, but the guy plainly and simply scores goals. He just about bailed out Mancini today in the three minutes he was on. Regardless of his pace, touch, whatever, the guy knows where the back of the net is and should have been utilized much sooner today, if not starting. Because of that, I'm putting this result on Mancini's shoulders.

Totally Agree if he was Italian he would of got on with 10mins to go ;)

SoDakBlue said:

Clearly another Bosnian living in Dakota. ;)

On a serious note, I have no understanding for not being able to criticize Mancini for obvious flaws. This isn't 1930's Germany is it?

waspish said:
SoDakBlue said:

The thing I find baffling is bringing on Dzeko after he has taken off our winger. Today I think was difficult for him as everyone has an eye on Madrid on Tuesday. If we had been playing Villa at home in the Cup I thinks bobby's tactics and team selection would have been different.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
waspish said:
SoDakBlue said:

The thing I find baffling is bringing on Dzeko after he has taken off our winger. Today I think was difficult for him as everyone has an eye on Madrid on Tuesday. If we had been playing Villa at home in the Cup I thinks bobby's tactics and team selection would have been different.

The thing is he is not as good in the position Balotelli played he is more a central striker so it was either him or Tevez I think that's how Mancini looks at it

I just CAN'T understand why mancini wouldn't play Dzeko. We kept crossing the ball in the box so hy asn't he played and he has been scoring so many for Bosnia. Baffling

Silvas_Left_Foot said:
I just CAN'T understand why mancini wouldn't play Dzeko. We kept crossing the ball in the box so hy asn't he played and he has been scoring so many for Bosnia. Baffling

Like I said it was the choice between Dzeko or Tevez and the way Tevez has been playing you can understand it what I can't understand is Dzeko not getting at least 30 minutes playing time

Dzeko should have been given 15 mins today, yet he nearly won the game for us.
Roberto's last two subs were way too late.

Loved Garcia's 60 yard pass to Dzeko at the death.
Just the sort of pass to get the best out of Edins runs.

Bobbies Black Bins said:
Feel for Edin dont know what more he has to do..

He did more in 5 mins than Mario did in 93.

If Carlos and Edin both had 93 mins today i think we would have had 3 points now...

Shame really...

Totally agree. Balotelli was shocking. Yet again his arse saw more green than his feet, Im totally sick of him. I can only think Mancini is playing him because he has absolutely no intention of giving him game time on Tuesday.

Silvas_Left_Foot said:

Because Mancini thinks Balotelli iz one of the best players in the world.

Giving a player who cost the club 27 million Pound 5 minutes only, tells you how much Mancini trusts Dzeko !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.