Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
Santiago Street . said:
pudge said:
He may be a nice guy but his recent flops to the ground and overall demeanour haven't been too professional.

And at the risk of opening old wounds, Tevez wasn't the only one to throw a strop in Munich.

When he's good, he's very good.

When he's bad, he's incredibly bad.

The latter seems more common

What the fuck has Edin showing understandable disappointment at being subbed in his first game back on German soil got to do with affairs 18 months later ?

Gerry Creaney was incredibly bad, Steve Kinsey was incredibly bad - when Edin has an off day he's still a dangerous player capable of scoring a goal out of nothing, ergo nowhere near incredibly bad

"Overall demeanour" ffs. Amateur psychology at it's most annoying.
Sorry if I feel him moaning at the ref every time he doesn't get a free kick or throwing himself to the ground for no reason shows a negative attitude and thus demeanour.

And I mention his strop as it shows he's not as model a professional the post I addressed claimed him to be.

And he was as much a threat scoring at Everton, a game in which he was poor, as Mancini was.

Ffs, amateur post reading at it's most annoying.

You care to elaborate on that "he's not as model a professional" ??

He apologized to Mancini his outburst on being substituted at Bayern and that was end of the story.
Just don't try to compare that shit to Tevez fuckin off for 6 months to play golf.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
And after minimal contact from Hietenga on the edge of the box last week

And against Liverpool when it cost us a goal as well.

For such a big lad you'd think he wouldn't fall down so easily

You seem to only remember when Dzeko falls.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZkiSrojas[/youtube]
I have commented on Sergio's constant slipping before, like many many others.

But as this is the Dzeko thread, I'll comment on Edin's lack of strength and diving.
The foul on Dzeko against Liverpool was not a dive either. And even though it happened on Liverpool's side of the pitch, it still didn't stop you from blaming Dzeko for the goal conceded.

adorado30 said:
pudge said:
Santiago Street . said:
What the fuck has Edin showing understandable disappointment at being subbed in his first game back on German soil got to do with affairs 18 months later ?

Gerry Creaney was incredibly bad, Steve Kinsey was incredibly bad - when Edin has an off day he's still a dangerous player capable of scoring a goal out of nothing, ergo nowhere near incredibly bad

"Overall demeanour" ffs. Amateur psychology at it's most annoying.
Sorry if I feel him moaning at the ref every time he doesn't get a free kick or throwing himself to the ground for no reason shows a negative attitude and thus demeanour.

And I mention his strop as it shows he's not as model a professional the post I addressed claimed him to be.

And he was as much a threat scoring at Everton, a game in which he was poor, as Mancini was.

He apologized to Mancini his outburst on being substituted at Bayern and that was end of the story.
Just don't try to compare that shit to Tevez fuckin off for 6 months to play golf.
I didn't compare the two.

I just don't think model professionals should throw a tantrum and undermine the manager's decision.

Like I said, he may well be a nice guy but he's not a "model professional" for the above reasons in my eyes.

-- Mar 23rd, '13, 05:30 --

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:
You seem to only remember when Dzeko falls.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZkiSrojas[/youtube]
I have commented on Sergio's constant slipping before, like many many others.

But as this is the Dzeko thread, I'll comment on Edin's lack of strength and diving.
The foul on Dzeko against Liverpool was not a dive either. And even though it happened on Liverpool's side of the pitch, it still didn't stop you from blaming Dzeko for the goal conceded.
I have never blamed him for the goal, I just think he should have gotten up and on with the game

Cost was probably the wrong word, "led to" would be more fitting

noise said:
Pudge said:

That's pretty much where you blamed Dzeko for a goal we conceded after a foul was committed on him but not awarded.
I already addressed that.

Didn't he recover quickly though when he ran after the ref?

pudge said:
noise said:
Pudge said:

That's pretty much where you blamed Dzeko for a goal we conceded after a foul was committed on him but not awarded.

Does he have to be injured to prove he was fouled? Or was he supposed to pretend he was injured?

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

Does he have to be injured to prove he was fouled?
Does he have to lie on the ground for as long as he did to prove he was fouled?

He did pretend he was injured, that's the problem

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:

From what I remember the tackle was actually pretty rough, Dzeko hit the ground with a considerable impact. He was clearly fouled. He wasn't injured, and you don't seem happy about that.

He didn't dive, the sliding tacle made him hit the ground, there was definite contact. Wether there was injury involved is irrelevant.

pudge said:
adorado30 said:
pudge said:

I just don't think model professionals should throw a tantrum and undermine the manager's decision.

Like I said, he may well be a nice guy but he's not a "model professional" for the above reasons in my eyes.

He admitted he was wrong, personally and publicly apologized to Mancini and that's not good enough for you ?

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:

From what I remember the tackle was actually pretty rough, Dzeko hit the ground with a considerable impact. He was clearly fouled. He wasn't injured, and you don't seem happy about that.

He didn't dive, the sliding tacle made him hit the ground, there was definite contact. Wether there was injury involved is irrelevant.
I never said he dived against Liverpool, he just milked it.

He was tackled, feigned injury, they scored some time after yet he was still on the ground and then got straight up to shout at the ref and then carried on

Thats not right.<br /><br />-- Mar 23rd, '13, 05:48 --<br /><br />
adorado30 said:
pudge said:
adorado30 said:

He admitted he was wrong, personally and publicly apologized to Mancini and that's not good enough for you ?
As he should have, but the fact he did proves what he did was wrong.

I respect him for acknowledging what he did was unprofessional but it was just that, so I fail to see how he can be described as a model pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.