Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
Does he have to lie on the ground for as long as he did to prove he was fouled?

He did pretend he was injured, that's the problem
From what I remember the tackle was actually pretty rough, Dzeko hit the ground with a considerable impact. He was clearly fouled. He wasn't injured, and you don't seem happy about that.

He didn't dive, the sliding tacle made him hit the ground, there was definite contact. Wether there was injury involved is irrelevant.
I never said he dived against Liverpool, he just milked it.

He was tackled, feigned injury, they scored some time after yet he was still on the ground and then got straight up to shout at the ref and then carried on

Thats not right.

-- Mar 23rd, '13, 05:48 --

adorado30 said:
I didn't compare the two.

I just don't think model professionals should throw a tantrum and undermine the manager's decision.

Like I said, he may well be a nice guy but he's not a "model professional" for the above reasons in my eyes.

He admitted he was wrong, personally and publicly apologized to Mancini and that's not good enough for you ?
As he should have, but the fact he did proves what he did was wrong.

I respect him for acknowledging what he did was unprofessional but it was just that, so I fail to see how he can be described as a model pro

A Model pro is just not measured on the field but as much off the field and Dzeko does a lot of humanitarian things that we lack to see from today's professional athletes and that's exactly what makes him such a model pro

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fcs-edin-dzeko-1310324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ko-1310324</a>

Let me get this straight. Because Dzeko may have had a one time disagreement with Mancini (a temperamental Italian) which he publicly apologized for, he's somehow not a model pro.

Our only striker who's never been red carded, and who is constantly involved in children charities is somehow not a model professional?

adorado30 said:
pudge said:
noise said:
From what I remember the tackle was actually pretty rough, Dzeko hit the ground with a considerable impact. He was clearly fouled. He wasn't injured, and you don't seem happy about that.

He didn't dive, the sliding tacle made him hit the ground, there was definite contact. Wether there was injury involved is irrelevant.

He was tackled, feigned injury, they scored some time after yet he was still on the ground and then got straight up to shout at the ref and then carried on

Thats not right.

adorado30 said:
I didn't compare the two.

I just don't think model professionals should throw a tantrum and undermine the manager's decision.

Like I said, he may well be a nice guy but he's not a "model professional" for the above reasons in my eyes.

He admitted he was wrong, personally and publicly apologized to Mancini and that's not good enough for you ?

I respect him for acknowledging what he did was unprofessional but it was just that, so I fail to see how he can be described as a model pro

A Model pro is just not measured on the field but as much off the field and Dzeko does a lot of humanitarian things that we lack to see from today's professional athletes and that's exactly what makes him such a model pro

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fcs-edin-dzeko-1310324" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ko-1310324</a>
Like I said, he seems like a really nice guy. I have nothing but respect for all the charity work he does, he's a UNICEF ambassador if I'm not mistaken?

But if someone does something unprofessional, they aren't a "model professional" surely? Which is why there aren't many imo.

A nice guy, yes. But as he's a professional footballer, I don't see him or many for that matter as a model professional footballer. I'm not singling him out, maybe I just have high standards.

-- Mar 23rd, '13, 06:10 --

noise said:
Let me get this straight. Because Dzeko may have had a one time disagreement with Mancini (a temperamental Italian) which he publicly apologized for, he's somehow not a model pro.

Our only striker who's never been red carded, and who is constantly involved in children charities is somehow not a model professional?
See above.

For arguments sake, and I'm not comparing the two, would you class Tevez as a model professional? If not, why?

Also, nice to see you've skipped over our discussion and changed the subject.

pudge said:
adorado30 said:
pudge said:

Thats not right.

Like I said, he seems like a really nice guy. I have nothing but respect for all the charity work he does, he's a UNICEF ambassador if I'm not mistaken?

But if someone does something unprofessional, they aren't a "model professional" surely? Which is why there aren't many imo.

A nice guy, yes. But as he's a professional footballer, I don't see him or many for that matter as a model professional footballer. I'm not singling him out, maybe I just have high standards.

noise said:

See above.

For arguments sake, and I'm not comparing the two, would you class Tevez as a model professional? If not, why?

I would not because he thinks he's above the law. I just don't get why some professional footballers who come to England to play and most importantly live cant just obey simple laws ? The fuckin around with cars, driving without insurance/license.

pudge said:
Sorry, I never accused any of the Man City players of not being model professionals.
pudge said:
I actually let you off the hook. But since you want to continue. I challenge you to find me a single example of Dzeko diving, which you accused him of.
pudge said:
But as this is the Dzeko thread, I'll comment on Edin's lack of strength and diving.
The one of the three examples of him diving you gave you recanted. It's kind of tiring to guess which one you think was a dive. So how about you tell us? When did a player in question a player from our team dive?

noise said:
pudge said:
Sorry, I never accused any of the Man City players of not being model professionals.
pudge said:
I actually let you off the hook. But since you want to continue. I challenge you to find me a single example of Dzeko diving, which you accused him of.
pudge said:
But as this is the Dzeko thread, I'll comment on Edin's lack of strength and diving.
The one of the three examples of him diving you gave you recanted. It's kind of tiring to guess which one you think was a dive. So how about you tell us? When did a player in question a player from our team dive?
The three instances I gave where not giving as dives.

You have failed to see that. I even mentioned "with minimal contact"

But as you want an example of him diving, try the Hietenga "tackle" last week, when he turned away from him, space to shoot and then fell over.

Again, you think I only mentioned instances where I thought he dived, but I didn't.

Your own ignorance blinded you to that. My problem was his going down too easy, which those are 3 examples of. Actually, I only gave 2 the other was from Santiago Street but I doubt you'll question him.<br /><br />-- Mar 23rd, '13, 06:33 --<br /><br />
adorado30 said:
pudge said:
adorado30 said:

noise said:

See above.

I would not because he thinks he's above the law. I just don't get why some professional footballers who come to England to play and most importantly live cant just obey simple laws ? The fuckin around with cars, driving without insurance/license.
Exactly, then by that logic you would have to say Richards is not a model professional.

I don't remember the incident, but I will look it up, even though I don't really feel like watching that horrific game again. I don't really remember him diving though.

Also, noise, I never said you questioned the professionalism of City players.

I simply asked you a genuine question.

Your refusal to answer speaks voluems though.

pudge said:
Also, noise, I never said you questioned the professionalism of City players.

I simply asked you a genuine question.

Your refusal to answer speaks voluems though.
Sorry if my style isn't shitting on Man City players.

noise said:
I don't remember the incident, but I will look it up, even though I don't really feel like watching that horrific game again. I don't really remember him diving though.
I don't blame you for not wanting to watch it. But I feel it was a dive, as did others.

But the point remains that he goes over too easily. I just want to see him be more aggresive, he's a strong lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.