Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
No17 said:
Marvin said:
You need to be quick, and nimble to play in front of Silva and that's why City are struggling with Tevez and Dzeko up front and why Mancini went for Kolarov as a wing back. It might not have worked but I understand where he's coming from.

of course, I understand that too, I mean it's a logical decision...I know people are fed up with examples from Dzeko's wolfsburg days but, they had Misimovic=Silva behind Dzeko and Grafite (who is a shit version of Dzeko) and it worked perfectly....but I think it's not just the front three in city, it's the midfield that needs fixing...
City's defence and midfield is the best or 2nd best in the Premiership in terms of goals conceded, shots conceded, possession, passes made, chances created. We don't top each category but overall where we fall down big time is in taking chances where we are average

tell me that you believe more in the stats than your own eyes....because I'm sure you see the same thing I do...when city showed the skill and pace they produced at the beginning was away at newcastle and home to leeds (who were not really a match)...rest of the season was slow, forced no-real-idea city

Santiago Street . said:
Marvin said:
No17 said:
of course, I understand that too, I mean it's a logical decision...I know people are fed up with examples from Dzeko's wolfsburg days but, they had Misimovic=Silva behind Dzeko and Grafite (who is a shit version of Dzeko) and it worked perfectly....but I think it's not just the front three in city, it's the midfield that needs fixing...
City's defence and midfield is the best or 2nd best in the Premiership in terms of goals conceded, shots conceded, possession, passes made, chances created. We don't top each category but overall where we fall down big time is in taking chances where we are average

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

We don't create enough clear cut chances. Plenty of half chances and little snapshots and individual skill that nearly creates a clear scoring opportunity but nowhere near enough "he must score here" chances.
I've been saying this all season. We don't create chances no more, we've seriously regressed from last season.

Marvin said:

According to the EPl Index data as of today, for selected strikers, the following are: (a) goals; (b) minutes per goal; and (c) clear-cut chance conversion percentages.

2012/13 premier league

Dzeko (a) 12 (b) 112 (c) 59%
Aguero (a) 9 (b) 176 (c) 29%
Tevez (a) 9 (b) 191 (c) 50%
Suarez (a) 22 (b) 118 (c) 58%
van Persie (a) 19 (b) 122 (c) 36%
Ba (a) 15 (b) 144 (c) 42%
Rooney (a) 12 (b) 133 (c) 53%
Berbatov (a) 11 (b) 191 (c) 58%
Torres (a) 7 (b) 294 (c) 25%

Edin has the lowest minutes per goal and, far from being "average", he has the highest clear-cut chance conversion percentage!

Edin did pretty well last year also!

2011/12 premier league

Dzeko 14 107 50%
Aguero 23 113 45%
Suarez 11 232 25%
van Persie 30 111 46%
Ba 16 120 56%
Rooney 27 105 55%
Torres 6 317 36%

"Goals" and "minutes per goal" are simple FACTS. The "clear-cut chance conversion percentages" clearly involve some subjective assessment. But at least the EPl Index data are collected by people who presumably do not have particular personal axes to grind and who certainly do not think that footballers should be judged on the basis of height or, like ballet dancers or ice skaters, in terms of "style".

noise said:
Bluearmy said:
BIG DONKEY said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOqhzQHAg5E[/youtube]

Shock, Dezko scores if you cross it to him... Exactly how we dont play...
I can't remember the last time he received a cross like that.

Me neither. Have to give Edin a chance with a winger someday! With Sinclaire not even making the team for lower grade matches we obviously have to buy a new one first! Then we can see how good Edin is.

sbm said:
Marvin said:

According to the EPl Index data as of today, for selected strikers, the following are: (a) goals; (b) minutes per goal; and (c) clear-cut chance conversion percentages.

2012/13 premier league

Dzeko (a) 12 (b) 112 (c) 59%
Aguero (a) 9 (b) 176 (c) 29%
Tevez (a) 9 (b) 191 (c) 50%
Suarez (a) 22 (b) 118 (c) 58%
van Persie (a) 19 (b) 122 (c) 36%
Ba (a) 15 (b) 144 (c) 42%
Rooney (a) 12 (b) 133 (c) 53%
Berbatov (a) 11 (b) 191 (c) 58%
Torres (a) 7 (b) 294 (c) 25%

Edin has the lowest minutes per goal and, far from being "average", he has the highest clear-cut chance conversion percentage!

Edin did pretty well last year also!

2011/12 premier league

Dzeko 14 107 50%
Aguero 23 113 45%
Suarez 11 232 25%
van Persie 30 111 46%
Ba 16 120 56%
Rooney 27 105 55%
Torres 6 317 36%

"Goals" and "minutes per goal" are simple FACTS. The "clear-cut chance conversion percentages" clearly involve some subjective assessment. But at least the EPl Index data are collected by people who presumably do not have particular personal axes to grind and who certainly do not think that footballers should be judged on the basis of height or, like ballet dancers or ice skaters, in terms of "style".

You're wasting your time, same thing will be said by someone in next hour or so, on this or another thread.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
noise said:
Bluearmy said:
Shock, Dezko scores if you cross it to him... Exactly how we dont play...

Me neither. Have to give Edin a chance with a winger someday! With Sinclaire not even making the team for lower grade matches we obviously have to buy a new one first! Then we can see how good Edin is.
well the whole point is flawed cause mancini does not play wingers

Roll On City said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
CTID101 said:
Nice one Edin..

Shame you couldn't be arsed last week against Everton and walked around like you were stuck in cement and displayed some truly embarrassing "dark arts" eg diving, feigning being elbowed and so on.

Move him on and get someone in who will do something more than just tap ins when he seemingly feels like it.
Do you honestly think Cavani or Falcao or anybody else of their calibre won't feel the same after playing few months in Mancini's system and with this midfield?

None of the players look motivated anymore, it's not only him.

Motivated or not he's bang average..

need service
need wingers
need crosses
need confidence
need to start regularly
need striker partner
need to face keeper
Silva rarely pass to him
Balotelli's fault
Aguero's selfish
Nasri's shit form
Tevez's selfish
Mancini's tactics
Mancini's system
midfield not good
system & style of play not suited
dropped (rested actually) & never recovered, Etc, etc..............

Seriously , anyone who thinks Dzeko is a world class striker should be arrested..

I couldn't agree more, bundesliga suits him better.

pml79 said:
noise said:

So why did he buy Johnson and Sinclair????

SPIDERBOY said:
pml79 said:

So why did he buy Johnson and Sinclair????

and micon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.