Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Dzeko is one of the best strikers of his kind.

His ability is not at issue. What is an issue is whether we get the best out of him? Does he suit our style of play?

We threw money at our team, and were extraordinarily successful in doing so, but he is not an ideal partner foil for Aguero or Silva

Actually hes a perfect complement to Kun. Silva is one kind of midfielder that provides balls that benifit kun more then dzeko . the main problem is every one else around him no wing play no pace nothing we have can provide dzeko the proper service this season which is odd since last year we had pace.

Napoli ponder Cavani replacements

Napoli are preparing for life without Edinson Cavani next season and are weighing up whether to move for Edin Dzeko or Mario Gomez as a replacement.

Source: Tuttosport

SPIDERBOY said:
Napoli ponder Cavani replacements

Napoli are preparing for life without Edinson Cavani next season and are weighing up whether to move for Edin Dzeko or Mario Gomez as a replacement.

Source: Tuttosport

i love edin but if we could do a deal here i would be delighted.

Id be disappointed to lose Dzeko. He'll always score goals and if he goes to Napoli he'll scores goals for them too.

Mike N said:
Id be disappointed to lose Dzeko. He'll always score goals and if he goes to Napoli he'll scores goals for them too.

I agree with all you have said,but if dzeko can be used as a bargaining tool,I'd go for it...IMO

He doesn't look committed when he plays for us - I think he knows he doesn't have a future here

Dzeko plus £15 mill for cavani anyone?

Think that would suit everyone, even dzeko because at the moment Hes wasting his time at city because we dont play to his strengths.

2 decent wingers is paramount in the summer whether he stays or not.

ban-mcfc said:

Think that would suit everyone, even dzeko because at the moment Hes wasting his time at city because we dont play to his strengths.

The player would have a say in that transfer too, and I don't think he'd go to Napoli.

As Marvin says, his heart is not in it at City, his falling about and rolling on the ground the wind blows past him just shows that he's either had it, and that he is on his way out.

Tonight he has shown that he has the strength to hold of two even three players at a time and he was enjoying himself, greeks were bouncing off him, he held the ball up brilliantly...

As for silva suiting more aguero that dzeko, I disagree, Silva is a player who can suit anyone, he has the magic touch to find any player, any way, any time, it's just that he's restricted to go through the middle and ping balls in low...his skills range far more than that and he, more than any other player is not being used to his full potential....Misimovic, from our NT is no where near as good as Silva, but his simplicity of passing is what makes him brilliant for us, all he has to do is put the ball into space, and not try and over complicate things...that's why Dzeko shines there, because in NT, the runs he makes are noted and exploited to the max...at City, it's no use making any runs because the ball will either go back or sideways most of the time...one example of Silva and Dzeko cooperation was seen against tottenham when he put the ball over the top in front of Edin who smashed it home...

as long as this team is being restricted, and as long as the midfield is not performing well, strikers can't do a shit about that...

No17 said:
ban-mcfc said:

The player would have a say in that transfer too, and I don't think he'd go to Napoli.

As Marvin says, his heart is not in it at City, his falling about and rolling on the ground the wind blows past him just shows that he's either had it, and that he is on his way out.

Tonight he has shown that he has the strength to hold of two even three players at a time and he was enjoying himself, greeks were bouncing off him, he held the ball up brilliantly...

As for silva suiting more aguero that dzeko, I disagree, Silva is a player who can suit anyone, he has the magic touch to find any player, any way, any time, it's just that he's restricted to go through the middle and ping balls in low...his skills range far more than that and he, more than any other player is not being used to his full potential....Misimovic, from our NT is no where near as good as Silva, but his simplicity of passing is what makes him brilliant for us, all he has to do is put the ball into space, and not try and over complicate things...that's why Dzeko shines there, because in NT, the runs he makes are noted and exploited to the max...at City, it's no use making any runs because the ball will either go back or sideways most of the time...one example of Silva and Dzeko cooperation was seen against tottenham when he put the ball over the top in front of Edin who smashed it home...

as long as this team is being restricted, and as long as the midfield is not performing well, strikers can't do a shit about that...
Dzeko is one of the best centre-forwards in Europe and has proved it with his trophies and goals. And by his performances for Bosnia.

But there are some teams which complement his style, and some where you'd think he'd struggle.

We'd have been better off this season had we based our forward game around Balotelli or Dzeko but as it is both look like they both grew disillusioned. I might be doing Dzeko a dis-service but he has had some opportunities recently for City and he hasn't made the most of them.

Marvin said:
No17 said:
ban-mcfc said:

Dzeko is one of the best centre-forwards in Europe and has proved it with his trophies and goals. And by his performances for Bosnia.

But there are some teams which complement his style, and some where you'd think he'd struggle.

We'd have been better off this season had we based our forward game around Balotelli or Dzeko but as it is both look like they both grew disillusioned. I might be doing Dzeko a dis-service but he has had some opportunities recently for City and he hasn't made the most of them.

I agree that he has had opportunities, but to be honest, in my eyes putting a player on the pitch and not using him to his full potential is not really an opportunity, I think you'll have to agree with me on this...not only him but even Tevez could not profit from the midfield play in the Everton match (sorry but as an Everton fan I was pleased to see that)...

things need to change in the midfield, the team is crying for pace...and if people say things like "oh we need pacey wingers" no it's not it, play a bit more direct, put balls into space for the strikers to run on to and you'll solve half of that problem...width is another issue, but just play more direct, exploit the pace of tevez and you'll see the results...dzeko thrives on balls into space type of football but he rarely gets any, because the ball goes back or sideways...and if you expect him to chase the ball from the halfway line...hmm...if he's not motoring at his full speed then it's a battle he'll probably lose..he has to be in an around the box in order to be effective, and I've seen him more on the wing than in the box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.