Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

ban-mcfc said:
he was class yday!

his passing was top notch and he was strong and held the ball up well.

he possibly should have got on one of those balls across the box but his all round game was good.

i don't know what people expect, he's a big centre forward who we need to bully players and hold the ball up so the likes of aguero and silva can run off him. he's never going to riggle around defenders like aguero, he's not that sort of player.
More than possibly regarding the crosses. He should have no doubt. It's my main criticism of an otherwise good game, and on another day, I think he would be on the end of those.

taconinja said:
ban-mcfc said:
he was class yday!

his passing was top notch and he was strong and held the ball up well.

he possibly should have got on one of those balls across the box but his all round game was good.

i don't know what people expect, he's a big centre forward who we need to bully players and hold the ball up so the likes of aguero and silva can run off him. he's never going to riggle around defenders like aguero, he's not that sort of player.
More than possibly regarding the crosses. He should have no doubt. It's my main criticism of an otherwise good game, and on another day, I think he would be on the end of those.
i agree, one of those crosses was hit probably too hard but yeah there was a couple he should have been on the end of.

but like i say he had another good game.

For the Dzeko critics here:

One more win in a row, and this one was in a difficult away game.

What more do u need? Did you watched other Premiership teams struggling in FA Cup with a lower leagues teams?

I understand that this thread purpose is to write oppinion on topic, but some of you seem more like Dzeko haters, than a City fans who should put clubs interest before everything else.

If it is working, dont try to fix it. No matter who scores.

Personally, i belive that Aguero-Tevez duo will not work as one of them with Dzeko/Ballotelli.

Not to mention how much annoyes me to see that will Silva (who is a excelent playmaker) will choose to give ball to Dzeko only as a last resort. He always looks for Aguero or Tevez, trying to pull some tikitaka play.

Some people r complaining that Dzeko is static and not running as he should have. Try to follow covered mileage stat at half time and the end of game. Hes always in top 6-7, mainly becouse hes defending role at set pieces. Its not easy for striker of that size to run fast counter attacks after set pieces.

Anyway, im trying to point out Dzekos value to the game, beside scoring goals.

Again, sorry for poor english. Best whishes to all.

His first touch yesterday in setting up Zaba was excellent, he had a split second to decide and a quick flick he laid it on a plate for Zaba. It was the goal that won the match and he played a crucial part in it. You can't play a more important role in a game than that.

For a big guy his touch is very good and some of his lay offs yesterday were excellent. Occasionally he may have lose control and for a big fella it only makes it look worse. However, his control and lay backs is generally very good.

Still our leading goalscorer.

MSP said:
Doubt he meant to send ball to Zaba tbh, it was bad touch with good outcome but in last few games he had few Silvaesque passes to Aguero and Tevez

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx1ov5_stoke-city-vs-manchester-city-0-1-zabaleta_sport#.UQPpAvIqS58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx1ov5 ... QPpAvIqS58</a>

,it wasn't bad touch (30-35 sec. of video)

robi99 said:
MSP said:
Doubt he meant to send ball to Zaba tbh, it was bad touch with good outcome but in last few games he had few Silvaesque passes to Aguero and Tevez

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx1ov5_stoke-city-vs-manchester-city-0-1-zabaleta_sport#.UQPpAvIqS58" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx1ov5 ... QPpAvIqS58</a>

,it wasn't bad touch (30-35 sec. of video)
If anything it was a poor attempted lay off for Silva, as there is no chance he knew that Zabs was there.

But it worked out so who cares.

He is doing ok and has won us plenty of points this season hopefully he will get 10 more over next few months

I agee with the opening post.

Dzeko is a legend. (As is Tevez and Aguero in my opinion) if for nothing else when all hope seemed lost he got free of his marker and headed the ball past Kenny.

He was bought to score goals and that is what he has done. Goals that after a 35 year gap helped bring us the Fa Cup and the league.

So what if his first touch is not the best, it was good enought this season when it seems we were going to drop points versue WBA, Fulham and Spurs.

This is a golden era for us City fans and Dezko has played his part.

Salocha, best wishes and don't worry about your English it's fine.

You make some good points. I think Mancini is focussing on the main three players as Balotelli is hardly playing. I think they may be lining him up for a move. He can be lethal and inspired us in the 6-1 v United.

Kun, Carlos and Edin offer different options and Edin's height is vital , we fired over countless crosses in the last game v QPR in May and we were getting nowhere. Only Edin changes the dimension for the use of height.

We could play all 3 together, although in those games I don't think we could play Silva AND Nasri as we would have to play 2 holding players. For me that would be Yaya and Barry. That would mean no Milner who has been playing very well as has Garcia.

Or we could rotate all three every now and again but then we would get no consistent relationship and it may hinder a partnership developing.

I often wonder what Mancini's intentions were when he bought all 4, although Tevez was already on the books.

Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.