Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
EaglesFan said:
I really need to do this...little analysis of Edin's EPL goals this season (from OS):

- vs Southampton (73') - Equalizer (3 pts)
- vs QPR (61') - 2nd goal, for the lead (3 pts)
- @ Fulham (86') - game winner (3 pts)
- @ WBA (86', 90+1) - equalizer and game winner (3 pts)
- vs Tottenham (88') - game winner (3 pts)
- @ Norwich (2', 4' 66) - hattrick and game winner (3 pts)
- vs Stoke (55') - nothing major, 2nd of three goals
- @ Arsenal (30') - nothing major, 2nd of two goals
- vs Liverpool (20') - nothing major, opening goal in 2:2 draw

Yea, he "lost us the title" all right :-) You do the math.

Some people here should be ashamed of themselves, that's all.

More ashamed of a man being paid £170k a week and not even bothering. He could at least do the decent thing and inform Mancini he is a shitcunt and not play

I agree Dzeko was poor against Spurs. However I dont agree with all the hate against a current City player. I believe Dzeko will be a success at his next club, where he plays every week. Most strikers need confidence to play at their best.
Where I think we failed this year was generating sufficient desire and motivation against the teams below the top four.
While this is a shared responsibility, I think there are internal tensions behind the scenes that need to be sorted.

EaglesFan said:
I really need to do this...little analysis of Edin's EPL goals this season (from OS):

That's 9 games you've highlighted there, we've played 33 games. Now, he won't have played in each of the remaining 24 matches, but the issue is when he isn't scoring he's not doing anything else worthwhile either. You need goals, but not JUST goals, from your striker. You need workrate and effort, you need passing, creating chances for others, holding the ball up, challenging centre halves. The fact Dzeko has scored 12 league goals this season, yet many view his performances as being poor, speaks volumes. It's a clear indicator of his inconsistent performances, when he contributes he does so to great affect, however when he doesn't he's a waste of a shirt as he gives you nothing else.

Used to be one of his biggest fans. I admired his patience, his determination to win a place in the team. He used to try many things, always had an eye for a brilliant long pass. Had him on the back of a shirt.

Now: how long has he been mentally checked out for? Never seemed to grasp the reality of a huge club - the rotation and the rigid playing style.

Always thought we'd be losing something when he left but now it seems for all parties he can't go soon enough.

Hope he does well but I hope he appreciates what he had at City.

Matty said:
EaglesFan said:

That's 9 games you've highlighted there, we've played 33 games. Now, he won't have played in each of the remaining 24 matches, but the issue is when he isn't scoring he's not doing anything else worthwhile either. You need goals, but not JUST goals, from your striker. You need workrate and effort, you need passing, creating chances for others, holding the ball up, challenging centre halves. The fact Dzeko has scored 12 league goals this season, yet many view his performances as being poor, speaks volumes. It's a clear indicator of his inconsistent performances, when he contributes he does so to great affect, however when he doesn't he's a waste of a shirt as he gives you nothing else.
Mancini's words, not mine:

“For me, Dzeko is a great player but he is the type of footballer who needs to play all the time. In Italy he could score 20 goals a season ...”

Dzeko was benched for 4 games in a row, and then asked to play 45 minutes + 80 minutes with 3 days rest.

I agree that he was poor against Spurs, but I don't think he's malicious, I think he was tired/out of form. I thought he was great against Wigan when he was brought in the second half. Even David Platt commended Dzeko in his post match interview.

Also he's never been great paired up with Tevez, these two have no partnership. Mancini should have kept Dzeko on the bench for the last 20 minutes.

Should be sold in summer. Something I said last year as well.

Also Dzeko didn't cost us the title, it was injuries and the lack of key replacements.

NQCitizen said:
Used to be one of his biggest fans. I admired his patience, his determination to win a place in the team. He used to try many things, always had an eye for a brilliant long pass. Had him on the back of a shirt.

Now: how long has he been mentally checked out for? Never seemed to grasp the reality of a huge club - the rotation and the rigid playing style.

Always thought we'd be losing something when he left but now it seems for all parties he can't go soon enough.

Hope he does well but I hope he appreciates what he had at City.

If Mancini indeed stays, it's best for all parties for Edin to move on. In fact, I think knowing that title is lost he wanted to give Mancini middle finger for the way he treated him most of time.

Folks will claim it's not professional to behave like that, but let me remind few here with selective/short-term memory issues that you were slating/hating/dragging all players at some time or another except Silva and Kun. Those two are forever untouchable for some reason to same level of criticism where in reality their overall performance this season was abysmal while they played.

If these so-called fans want to equate Edin's last performance with Tevez going missing for 6 months and Balo's numerous red cards almost costing us title last year, then that's their prerogative. It is just sad, sad reflection of their mind and logic to treat one of their truly unique players who on the very first public conference said this:

"I hear a lot about fans, and hear also that mostly people from Manchester are Manchester City fans.. "

all the words that spring to mind regarding edin are, "close door on way out"
the lad did gd in past, not so good this season, trade him in for a racer model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.