Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Kun said:
Hate to say it but if he was playing for the rags this season he would have bagged 20+ goals.
I say keep him another season and play to his strengths - he banged goals in for fun at wolfsburg!
Or he would have been parked on the bench like Berbatov was.

taconinja said:
Anthony Kun said:
Hate to say it but if he was playing for the rags this season he would have bagged 20+ goals.
I say keep him another season and play to his strengths - he banged goals in for fun at wolfsburg!

This. He has had plenty of chances to to prove himself at City, but very rarely does it.
Time to cash in and fuck him off, imo.

Quite frankly, at this stage, who knows what tactics we'll be employing next season. There's an assumption we'll get Pellegrini as the manager, and that he'll employ more width and pace than Mancini did, but at this stage it's not a certainty. What we do know is:-

1 - Dzeko simply did not suit Mancini's tactics, if anything Mancini's tactics played to Dzeko biggest flaws and completely ignored his strengths.

2 - Dzeko, for whatever reason, seemed to give up last season. Early doors he was on the bench and was actively putting in some fight to try and change that, however the second half of the season saw a far more lacklustre and disinterested Dzeko. Potentially frustrated with a lack of opportunities, or with the tactics, or with the manager himself. Whatever the reason, it was an unacceptable lack of effort.

3 - Dzeko will never be a top class striker. Don't get me wrong, he's good, very good on occasion, but his weaknesses will never allow him to be a key player at a club like City. His passing is never going to be good enough, and his first touch too is not of the required standard. At a lower level club, the next level down, so a Wolfsburg/Everton/Sevilla/Lazio type level he'd probably be absolutely fine, but for a title contender, and a Champion's League hopeful he'll never quite be good enough.

FantasyIreland said:
samharris said:
Dzeko should stay imo.

If there is an opportunity to use him as a makeweight/bargaining chip in the Cavani deal then i'd take that all day,otherwise i'd be tempted to keep him and see what effect the new boss has on him.

asbo lutely.

How did he do against Norwich? I only saw the extended highlights on the OS and thought he looked pretty good.

pominoz said:
taconinja said:
Anthony Kun said:

This. He has had plenty of chances to to prove himself at City, but very rarely does it.
Time to cash in and fuck him off, imo.

By chances you mean how he earned us 12 points minimum off the top of my head this season?

Or are you talking about how he got us one of the three most important goals in this clubs recent history last season?

I'm confused as to which chances he missed?

Matty said:
Quite frankly, at this stage, who knows what tactics we'll be employing next season. There's an assumption we'll get Pellegrini as the manager, and that he'll employ more width and pace than Mancini did, but at this stage it's not a certainty. What we do know is:-

1 - Dzeko simply did not suit Mancini's tactics, if anything Mancini's tactics played to Dzeko biggest flaws and completely ignored his strengths.

2 - Dzeko, for whatever reason, seemed to give up last season. Early doors he was on the bench and was actively putting in some fight to try and change that, however the second half of the season saw a far more lacklustre and disinterested Dzeko. Potentially frustrated with a lack of opportunities, or with the tactics, or with the manager himself. Whatever the reason, it was an unacceptable lack of effort.

3 - Dzeko will never be a top class striker. Don't get me wrong, he's good, very good on occasion, but his weaknesses will never allow him to be a key player at a club like City. His passing is never going to be good enough, and his first touch too is not of the required standard. At a lower level club, the next level down, so a Wolfsburg/Everton/Sevilla/Lazio type level he'd probably be absolutely fine, but for a title contender, and a Champion's League hopeful he'll never quite be good enough.

I agree with parts one and two. But not three.

If anything he already is/was a world class striker. How many strikers can tout winning the Bundesliga cup with Wolfsburg and being the major key player to that? And then going on and being Bundesliga top scorer. He's won the EPL with City and he wasn't played to his strengths for two seasons and scored some of the most crucial goals. That's what sets the standard for 'world class'. Coming in, in crunch time and making something out of nothing. Sure he may not dribble the ball like Pele but his quality is undeniable.

We can all rag on him for his effort or even his first touch. But being world class, I don't think I'd be able to make a good argument against that. How many players will produce enough goals to be the clubs leading scorer with the least amount of minutes played?

I would think that Edin having played at City has grown more. All that's left for him is to find a team that will provide service to him and he'll be banging goals on any level. If you look at the WC scorers, he's at the top.

Napoli would be an interesting landing spot considering they play a good counter and Hamsik is still there to provide for Edin.

the old abbey said:
all dzeko lovers are really united fans on here in disguise cos they know how shite he is and there laughing there tits off praying him to stay.

we love dzeko because he's a city player.

anyone that abuses, disrespects or insults our players is not one of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.