Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
badman said:
pudge said:
badman said:
do you have any idea what happens to players when they don't get enough time on the pitch ?

do you think players improve when they are on the bench most of the time ?
At the very least it should surely motivate them to improve.

hahahaha. the more games you play the more you improve. if you're not getting the games you're fitness levels go down. your abilities worsen. why do you think adam johnson left ?
Training exists for a reason you know

badman said:
pudge said:
badman said:
do you have any idea what happens to players when they don't get enough time on the pitch ?

do you think players improve when they are on the bench most of the time ?

hahahaha. the more games you play the more you improve. if you're not getting the games you're fitness levels go down. your abilities worsen. why do you think adam johnson left ?

To be fair Johnson likes a beer and was never remarked for his first in last out mentality.

pudge said:
badman said:
pudge said:

training alone is not enough. to improve you got play the games week in week out. mancini was so disrespectful he used to bring on dzeko in the final minutes. he treats his players like dogs. tells them to warm up and then they don't even get to play. dzeko came off the bench several times to win the game for us. you'd think that mancini would reward him with a permanent place in the first team but no, mancini keeps him on the bench and uses him as a "supersub".

badman said:
pudge said:
badman said:

training alone is not enough. to improve you got play the games week in week out. mancini was so disrespectful he used to bring on dzeko in the final minutes. he treats his players like dogs. tells them to warm up and then they don't even get to play. dzeko came off the bench several times to win the game for us. you'd think that mancini would reward him with a permanent place in the first team but no, mancini keeps him on the bench and uses him as a "supersub".
If it ain't broke...

Your assumption that players can only approve "in game" is staggering.

People say we don't play to Dzeko's strengths, with our squad we can't. So it's not as easy as saying just change it and cross the ball more and he'll score all the goals ever.

People use the idea of Pellegrini as a means of suggesting Dzeko might get a second wind but supposedly he prefers fast, agile strikers. Using RSC as am example too is odd as he came off the bench more times than he started, if that were to happen to Dzeko next season there would be LA type riots.

If we have 2 strikers that are suited and molded to are style of play, I know now is a clean slate but I'm referring to last season and past seasons, and 1 who doesn't, does it make sense to change the way we played and set up and sell and buy new players for the 1 player? No

It's not unheard of for a manager to want to play a certain way and thus feel some players aren't suited for it. Happens to plenty of players, I can only wonder if they get such support.

I can't see Dzeko starting the season here and I don't blame him.

CaliforniaBlue said:
bluemathlady said:
Maybe when he is starting games he does not concentrate as much as when he comes on in the last 15-20.

I think his higher rate of scoring when coming on as a sub is more to do with the way we play if we're looking for a goal (or two) late in a game. In this situation, we probably play a more direct game with a bit more urgency (a bit like United, perhaps), which suits him more than the slow build-up around the edge of the 18 yard area.

This is a very good and extremely overlooked point.

We should probably expect Edin to leave, but if he does, I will be sad we didn't get the best out of him. One thing is for certain....he WILL score a hat full of goals for his next team.

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
pominoz said:
taconinja said:
Or he would have been parked on the bench like Berbatov was.

This. He has had plenty of chances to to prove himself at City, but very rarely does it.
Time to cash in and fuck him off, imo.

By chances you mean how he earned us 12 points minimum off the top of my head this season?

Or are you talking about how he got us one of the three most important goals in this clubs recent history last season?

I'm confused as to which chances he missed?

Whoopyfuckingdoo, he has earnt us 12 points and scored an important goal.
Great return for a "world class" striker.

The amount of times he has started games and wondered around scratching his arse or seeing how far he can make the ball bounce off him, are the missed chance's i was referring to.

badman said:
pudge said:
badman said:

No he didn't, he was rewarded with a starting place as he forced Bobs hand with off the bench goals, however when he started he was still dogturd and didn't grasp the nettle.

His agent says he's happy to stay at City for now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8718963/Edin-Dzeko-to-remain-at-Manchester-City-according-to-agent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... g-to-agent</a>

George Hannah said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8718963/Edin-Dzeko-to-remain-at-Manchester-City-according-to-agent" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... g-to-agent</a>
That makes me unhappy

George Hannah said:

he'll go to napoli and we'll get cavani hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.