Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Exactly.

But why does one season weigh more heavily than others?

He has scored 23 and 20 league goals in past seasons

Why does it weigh more heavily? Because it is the most recent season, thus the most relevant. He turns 30 next season, and it shows.

He played 70% of the time and scored 11 goals. That is an embarrassment. We cannot risk that happening again, or the season will be ruined.
And set up 8.

So that's 11 league goals, 17 overall, and 8 league assists, 10 overall. That's an embarrassment then? Ok.

ALL 3 of our strikers under performed, yet he was our most productive. I'm willing to give him another year at least, hopefully, in a new system that isn't afraid to shoot and see what happens. Something that a lot are willing to do for other players...

Thanks for making my point. I said he's useful as a playmaker.

Dzeko only under performed if you consider him a #1 striker. However, if you consider him a #3 striker, as Mancini did, he performed quite well. He was the highest scoring #3 striker in the EPL.

pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Goals per minutes, never knew so much was invested in that statistic until the past few seasons.

Whatever the ratio is, he still finished our joint top scorer this season. A season in which all 3 of our strikers under performed immensely.

I'll put it in simpler terms.

If your most-used striker scores 11 league goals, you'll never win the league.

Tevez is useful, just not as a primary goal scorer.
Exactly.

the past is the past. tevez is 29 now. hes an old man. he will not improve. now is the time to replace him.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
Why does it weigh more heavily? Because it is the most recent season, thus the most relevant. He turns 30 next season, and it shows.

He played 70% of the time and scored 11 goals. That is an embarrassment. We cannot risk that happening again, or the season will be ruined.
And set up 8.

So that's 11 league goals, 17 overall, and 8 league assists, 10 overall. That's an embarrassment then? Ok.

ALL 3 of our strikers under performed, yet he was our most productive. I'm willing to give him another year at least, hopefully, in a new system that isn't afraid to shoot and see what happens. Something that a lot are willing to do for other players...

Dzeko only under performed if you consider him a #1 striker. However, if you consider him a #3 striker, as Mancini did, he performed quite well. He was the highest scoring #3 striker in the EPL.
He under performed by sauntering around on the pitch, getting beat in the air by the likes of Tony Hibbert and missing an open net from 5 yards as well as having the worst pass completion percentage among our 3 strikers by some distance.

To say Tevez's season was "embarrassing" is rather ironic I must say.

But I should be used to seeing other players demoted in order to prop up another<br /><br />-- May 31st, '13, 20:56 --<br /><br />
badman said:
pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
I'll put it in simpler terms.

If your most-used striker scores 11 league goals, you'll never win the league.

Tevez is useful, just not as a primary goal scorer.
Exactly.

the past is the past. tevez is 29 now. hes an old man. he will not improve. now is the time to replace him.
And Dzeko's Wolfsburg scoring days are in the past, yet all he needs is wingers to replicate it apparently.

pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
And set up 8.

He under performed by sauntering around on the pitch, getting beat in the air by the likes of Tony Hibbert and missing an open net from 5 yards as well as having the worst pass completion percentage among our 3 strikers by some distance.

But I should be used to seeing other players demoted in order to prop up another

-- May 31st, '13, 20:56 --

badman said:
pudge said:
Exactly.

And Dzeko's Wolfsburg scoring days are in the past, yet all he needs is wingers to replicate it apparently.

Dzeko scored goals. That's what he's paid to do, and he did it. 14 goals from a #3 striker is a luxury. He isn't the reason he finished 2nd rather than 1st. He's the reason we finished 2nd rather than 5th.

badman said:
pudge said:
And Dzeko's scoring days are in the past

they are in the past and the future. tevez has no future, he's too old. do you know anything about football ?
Do you? You contribute nothing outside of this thread

Age is just a number, Tevez is one of the fittest players in the squad and scored 17 times last season.

Also, he's only 2 years older than Edin. Hardly a generation between them like you're making out.

-- May 31st, '13, 21:14 --

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

But I should be used to seeing other players demoted in order to prop up another

badman said:

Dzeko scored goals. That's what he's paid to do, and he did it. 14 goals from a #3 striker is a luxury. He isn't the reason he finished 2nd rather than 1st. He's the reason we finished 2nd rather than 5th.
Tevez is paid to score goals too, he scored 17.

I hope for your sake you didn't mean to generalize and say that Edin is the sole reason we finished second.

pudge said:
badman said:
pudge said:

they are in the past and the future. tevez has no future, he's too old. do you know anything about football ?

Age is just a number, Tevez is one of the fittest players in the squad and scored 17 times last season.

17 times ? that's nowhere near enough.

Age is not just a number, if it was we would sign Pele, Maradona, Cruyf etc.

badman said:
pudge said:
badman said:

17 times ? that's nowhere near enough.

Age is not just a number, if it was we would sign Pele, Maradona, Cruyf etc.
And I have said it's not enough.....

And again, there's a 2 year gap between the two. Your extreme examples in the above lead me to believe you do not know anything about football

pudge said:
badman said:
pudge said:

-- May 31st, '13, 21:14 --

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:

Tevez is paid to score goals too, he scored 17.

I hope for your sake you didn't mean to generalize and say that Edin is the sole reason we finished second.

That's still not close to being good enough. If you're going to be the most used striker, your goal/assist total better be around 30 if your team has dreams of winning league. Kun had a goal/assist total of 32 last season. Almost double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.