Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Comrade Buka said:
Personally I wish Tevez goalscoring ability was like Dzeko's.
You mean despite the fact that career wise, their goal scoring records are practically identical.

A goal every 2.3 games

Tevez had a nice career as a striker. But those days appear to be over. His goal scoring record over the last couple season's has dipped dramatically. He appears to be headed for the midfield. He can't finish, or at least hasn't finished, like he used to. But, he can set up strikers others, maintain possession, and has the proper work rate for a midfielder.

are you crackers?

end of the league winning season, he was scoring for fun when he came back.

if he's still here next season, he'll be back to his scoring ways.

ban-mcfc said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
You mean despite the fact that career wise, their goal scoring records are practically identical.

A goal every 2.3 games

Tevez had a nice career as a striker. But those days appear to be over. His goal scoring record over the last couple season's has dipped dramatically. He appears to be headed for the midfield. He can't finish, or at least hasn't finished, like he used to. But, he can set up strikers others, maintain possession, and has the proper work rate for a midfielder.

are you crackers?

His leg is limp. There's nothing behind his attempts. A goal per 200 minutes wouldn't play at Wigan.

Blueroses said:
I don't know why but I really feel dzeko can thrive under Pellegrini ...alway felt he was underused and judging by his comments of late he wants to stick around whatever happens and if he is off then he will be scoring plenty of goals like Balotelli at AC Milan further highlighting how Mancini man management messed it all up.

Would love to keep dzeko but if cavani comes then I'm still happy win win scenario.
with the rumoured, Isco, Navas possible signings, Dzeko would be great. But as you say if its Cavani and we have to sell Dzek then fair enough.

I like Edin as a character off the pitch but he's bloody frustrating on it!! If he has to go so cavani can come in then fine......thanks for the equaliser against QPR and the 4 against spurs Edin but he's not a patch on cavani!

Dzeko & Hyde said:
ban-mcfc said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

are you crackers?

His leg is limp. There's nothing behind his attempts. A goal per 200 minutes wouldn't play at Wigan.
Goals per minutes, never knew so much was invested in that statistic until the past few seasons.

Whatever the ratio is, he still finished our joint top scorer this season. A season in which all 3 of our strikers under performed immensely.

pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
ban-mcfc said:
are you crackers?

Goals per minutes, never knew so much was invested in that statistic until the past few seasons.

Whatever the ratio is, he still finished our joint top scorer this season. A season in which all 3 of our strikers under performed immensely.

I'll put it in simpler terms.

If your most-used striker scores 11 league goals, you'll never win the league.

Tevez is useful, just not as a primary goal scorer.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

Exactly.

But why does one season weigh more heavily than others?

He has scored 23 and 20 league goals in past seasons

pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:

Exactly.

Why does it weigh more heavily? Because it is the most recent season, thus the most relevant. He turns 30 next season, and it shows.

He played 70% of the time and scored 11 goals. That is an embarrassment. We cannot risk that happening again, or the season will be ruined.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:

Exactly.

Why does it weigh more heavily? Because it is the most recent season, thus the most relevant. He turns 30 next season, and it shows.

He played 70% of the time and scored 11 goals. That is an embarrassment. We cannot risk that happening again, or the season will be ruined.
And set up 8.

So that's 11 league goals, 17 overall, and 8 league assists, 10 overall. That's an embarrassment then? Ok.

ALL 3 of our strikers under performed, yet he was our most productive. I'm willing to give him another year at least, hopefully, in a new system that isn't afraid to shoot and see what happens. Something that a lot are willing to do for other players...

ban-mcfc said:
Dzeko & Hyde said:
pudge said:

A goal every 2.3 games

are you crackers?

Scoring for fun? He scored 1 goal v West Brom, a hat-trick v Norwich, then didn't score for the 4 remaining games and was subbed as he was tired and useless in 2nd halves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.