Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
yatesy94 said:
As much as I'm thankful for all Dzeko has done he simply doesn't contribute enough for the team and that's the bottom line of it. You rarely see him trying to win back a ball when he or one of his team mates loses it and that's a major downfall to this game. Be best for both parties if he left and we received a tidy sum, could imagine him flourishing in a like Serie A where the build up play isn't as fast as it is here.

He's wholly unsuited to Serie A.

What kind of football do you think we've been playing for the last 3 years.

Regardless of what you think of him as a player, his time at the club is up. He couldn't give a fuck about us from November 'til the end of this season and the sooner we get rid the better.

Yes he could be a great striker if the team was built around him and we used wingers and everyone passed him the ball and we never dropped him and we never rested him and we all worshiped him but we don't so he needs to go.

Let's hope we sign Cavani to replace him, though I doubt that'll happen, as the last time we signed a genuine top class player was August 2011.

Dzeko's strengths and definciencies have been exhaustively and well documented in this thread. However, I think there are multiple reasons to keep him at City one more year.

- Dzeko seems popular and happy to be here. That will not go unnoticed given our new 'Holistic emphasis.
- We have to have cover for injuries.
- It's tough to think of strikers who would contribute this many important goals despite spending so much time on the bench.
- He's (somewhat) proven in the Premier League
- He MAY just get a whole lot better under Pellegrini

Who else could fill this role better?

brian the blue said:
Regardless of what you think of him as a player, his time at the club is up. He couldn't give a fuck about us from November 'til the end of this season and the sooner we get rid the better.

Yes he could be a great striker if the team was built around him and we used wingers and everyone passed him the ball and we never dropped him and we never rested him and we all worshiped him but we don't so he needs to go.

Let's hope we sign Cavani to replace him, though I doubt that'll happen, as the last time we signed a genuine top class player was August 2011.

For Dzeko read Tevez!
A lost soul who had seemingly no future at City.
All of a sudden Tevez was the best thing and was instrumental in us winning the league last season.
Dzeko could be a 30 goal a season player for us if we play to his strengths.
New manager= new appetite and the only thing holding Edin back was our last manager!

I would like Big Ed to stay at City for another season.

I believe under Pellegrini the beast in Dzeko will be unleashed, he can score 20 plus goals in the premiership next season.

Pellegrini is not a system-based manager who sticks to a rigid formation – he's flexible with his shape, building a side that suits his best attacking talent... This is were Dzeko will flourish.

What we need at City is a classic number 10 playmaker, to take a bit of pressure of David Silva. We already have a world class strikers, we lack in the midfield.

Get Cavani in ASAP, he would piss allover Dzeko as a front man and at just over 6ft would not be pushed around and may actually win the odd header in 5,he hasa lightning turn of pace, great footballing brain, fantastic link up play and seems like he gives a fuk, the fans would take to him immediately,yip get him in.

With the new manager's arrival and the likelihood of Isco/Navas supplying him with the kind of service he lacked previously I woudn't object to him staying.

Having said that I do doubt his courage and if Napoli or another team wanted him as a part-ex for a top player then that's fine by me also.

yatesy94 said:
As much as I'm thankful for all Dzeko has done he simply doesn't contribute enough for the team and that's the bottom line of it. You rarely see him trying to win back a ball when he or one of his team mates loses it and that's a major downfall to this game. Be best for both parties if he left and we received a tidy sum, could imagine him flourishing in a like Serie A where the build up play isn't as fast as it is here.

Well.. Let me double check it first, do you think that MCFC played fast build up play? I have never seen as slow build up as MCFC played under Mancini. I recall final minutes in several games when we were down one goal and our midfield were just passing around the pitch doing nothing.
Smile2.gif

As much as a critic of Edin that i have been, lets see what the new boss can get from him for 12 months, if it he is still the same fuck him off.
The only problem with that, is we will have to put up with the Bosnian fanboys for atleast another year :(

Deepest Blue said:
With the new manager's arrival and the likelihood of Isco/Navas supplying him with the kind of service he lacked previously I woudn't object to him staying.

Having said that I do doubt his courage and if Napoli or another team wanted him as a part-ex for a top player then that's fine by me also.

I'll sit on the fence with you,if we dont get cavani i would be happy to keep ed next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.