Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pominoz said:
As much as a critic of Edin that i have been, lets see what the new boss can get from him for 12 months, if it he is still the same fuck him off.
The only problem with that, is we will have to put up with the Bosnian fanboys for atleast another year :(

Fcuk me, I am getting tired of this 'small-village' mentality on this forum and having to "put up with the Bosnian fanboys". I am sorry for the inconvenience mate but how can City grow as a club on a global stage (as you could clearly hear aspirations are from Khaldoon on his recent interview) without attracting international players who mostly bring their national fanbase with them.

Main reason for Bosnian fanbase being vocal on this forum which apparently annoys you, is the fact that we Bosnians see that our Edin is/was not exploited in the best possible way by his former manger so that he could contribute more and be remembered by fans in the best possible light in the club's history.

It seems fans like you (and many others posting here after sacking of Mancini) are forming decisions primarily using your emotions and your inner gut feeling. What you fail to realize is actual reason(s) for stagnation and underperformance of the whole team. That reason was Mancini's man-(mis)management and wrong team selection/tactics. Luckily owners made the right decision to sack him.

As for me as a Bosnian, I will be here next season with or without Dzeko, and the many seasons after that, following this club and only this club which I started supporting because of Edin.

pominoz said:
As much as a critic of Edin that i have been, lets see what the new boss can get from him for 12 months, if it he is still the same fuck him off.
The only problem with that, is we will have to put up with the Bosnian fanboys for atleast another year :(

It's quite possible that a lot of Bosnians have made up their minds that Dzeko's a good player (not least from watching him tear up the Bundeliga) and a few bad performances won't convince them he's suddenly no good. It's also quite possible that a lot of non-Bosnians have made up their minds that he's not a good player (maybe based on his first half season here?) and a few good performances aren't likely to convince them he's any good. That's the way it is and it's not going to change any time soon, so if you don't like discussions involving people with vastly different opinions who have no chance of ever convincing the other side to change theirs (just like religion or politics...), this isn't the thread for you.

Basically, if you keep visiting this thread, you can't really complain about the prevalence of "Bosnian fanboys" or "non-Bosnian hateboys", because you should pretty much know what you're gonna get by now. So make your point, or post your stats, or share your opinion, but there's no need to personally attack a large group of posters. If you don't think they have the right to come on here and post their opinions, ask Ric to ban them all.

CaliforniaBlue said:
pominoz said:

It's quite possible that a lot of Bosnians have made up their minds that Dzeko's a good player (not least from watching him tear up the Bundeliga) and a few bad performances won't convince them he's suddenly no good. It's also quite possible that a lot of non-Bosnians have made up their minds that he's not a good player (maybe based on his first half season here?) and a few good performances aren't likely to convince them he's any good. That's the way it is and it's not going to change any time soon, so if you don't like discussions involving people with vastly different opinions who have no chance of ever convincing the other side to change theirs (just like religion or politics...), this isn't the thread for you.

Basically, if you keep visiting this thread, you can't really complain about the prevalence of "Bosnian fanboys" or "non-Bosnian hateboys", because you should pretty much know what you're gonna get by now. So make your point, or post your stats, or share your opinion, but there's no need to personally attack a large group of posters. If you don't think they have the right to come on here and post their opinions, ask Ric to ban them all.

We have players and fans from all over the world, none of the fans from other countries or of other players carry on the way Dzeko fans do.
They are on the whole fanatical and shout down, insult anyone that suggests that their hero does not walk on water, many posters other than myself are fucking sick to death of it.
Why should i stay away from a thread about a City player because of a few, very active fanboys?.

@mcfc_nyc, having had a quick look at your post history proves my point, nearly every one of them is about Dzeko. You are not interested in anything about City, only Dzeko.

mcfc_nyc said:
pominoz said:

Fcuk me, I am getting tired of this 'small-village' mentality on this forum and having to "put up with the Bosnian fanboys". I am sorry for the inconvenience mate but how can City grow as a club on a global stage (as you could clearly hear aspirations are from Khaldoon on his recent interview) without attracting international players who mostly bring their national fanbase with them.

Main reason for Bosnian fanbase being vocal on this forum which apparently annoys you, is the fact that we Bosnians see that our Edin is/was not exploited in the best possible way by his former manger so that he could contribute more and be remembered by fans in the best possible light in the club's history.

It seems fans like you (and many others posting here after sacking of Mancini) are forming decisions primarily using your emotions and your inner gut feeling. What you fail to realize is actual reason(s) for stagnation and underperformance of the whole team. That reason was Mancini's man-(mis)management and wrong team selection/tactics. Luckily owners made the right decision to sack him.

As for me as a Bosnian, I will be here next season with or without Dzeko, and the many seasons after that, following this club and only this club which I started supporting because of Edin.

Well said mate..... this is an excellent post, whether you are a Dzeko fan or not. And it doesn't matter where they come from. A City fan is a City fan and should be welcome to support a great player from his Homeland

Phuket Blue said:
mcfc_nyc said:
pominoz said:

Well said mate..... this is an excellent post, whether you are a Dzeko fan or not. And it doesn't matter where they come from. A City fan is a City fan and should be welcome to support a great player from his Homeland

There is supporting a player and being a blinkered fanatic.
Most of these fanboys would not have known a thing about City before Dzeko came here, yet call posters who have followed City for decades "not real fans" because we point out Dzeko's faults, as we do with every other player.

pominoz said:
Phuket Blue said:
mcfc_nyc said:

Most of these fanboys would not have known a thing about City before Dzeko came here, yet call posters who have followed City for decades "not real fans" because we point out Dzeko's faults, as we do with every other player.

''pointing out faults'' is different to the shit that has been said about him till he scores the next goal then the 180 turn on him saying give him another chance shit.

pominoz said:

Look at these Bosnians:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsypClk3e28[/youtube]

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
Phuket Blue said:

''pointing out faults'' is different to the shit that has been said about him till he scores the next goal then the 180 turn on him saying give him another chance shit.

nothing wrong with pointing out the weaknesses of players. however some posters have made it part of their daily routine to insult , denigrate and slander edin dzeko. they have an unhealthy obsession. those of us who defend edin from the unfair bashing are labled as "bosnians".

badman said:
AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:

nothing wrong with pointing out the weaknesses of players. however some posters have made it part of their daily routine to insult , denigrate and slander edin dzeko.

And you've made it part of yours to blame and shite talk everyone except Dzeko. Pot meet kettle.

Phuket Blue said:
mcfc_nyc said:
pominoz said:

Well said mcfc_nyc. I 100% agree with what you put. Unfortunately not everybody can agree on the same things or we would have a perfect world.

I welcome you, to gods own club that is MCFC and hope you continue in your support. Seems some fans are still stuck in the dark ages and don't understand that with success and big players will come fans of that player from there respective country's.

Just that we have taken the piss so much for the rags having foreign fans we are scared of becoming what we have all taken the piss put of the rags for.

BUT if this is the case with having success I couldn't careless who supports my club if you are from Manchester or Morocco!

Hope this hasn't put you off this forum or supporting us etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.