Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcfc_nyc said:
pominoz said:
As much as a critic of Edin that i have been, lets see what the new boss can get from him for 12 months, if it he is still the same fuck him off.
The only problem with that, is we will have to put up with the Bosnian fanboys for atleast another year :(

Fcuk me, I am getting tired of this 'small-village' mentality on this forum and having to "put up with the Bosnian fanboys". I am sorry for the inconvenience mate but how can City grow as a club on a global stage (as you could clearly hear aspirations are from Khaldoon on his recent interview) without attracting international players who mostly bring their national fanbase with them.

Main reason for Bosnian fanbase being vocal on this forum which apparently annoys you, is the fact that we Bosnians see that our Edin is/was not exploited in the best possible way by his former manger so that he could contribute more and be remembered by fans in the best possible light in the club's history.

It seems fans like you (and many others posting here after sacking of Mancini) are forming decisions primarily using your emotions and your inner gut feeling. What you fail to realize is actual reason(s) for stagnation and underperformance of the whole team. That reason was Mancini's man-(mis)management and wrong team selection/tactics. Luckily owners made the right decision to sack him.

As for me as a Bosnian, I will be here next season with or without Dzeko, and the many seasons after that, following this club and only this club which I started supporting because of Edin.

Please don't think that a few moronic comments on this site reflects the opinion of most TRUE blues. As far as the majority of us are concerned, we WANT new fans and we APPRECIATE new fans. Also, don't believe that all those who purport to be local long term fans have turned up to every match City have ever played....some of our attendance figures in the cup games prior to 2008 prove that these folk only started to turn up themselves once we started to be successful.
We want City to be global, so continue to support us and encourage as many as your friends as you like - but do stick with us if Dzeko goes!!! We true fans would expect nothing less from you!!

mcfc_nyc said:
Main reason for Bosnian fanbase being vocal on this forum which apparently annoys you

it annoys him because he's a racist. he hates black, asian and eastern european city fans. don;t worry too much about people like him.

mcfc_nyc said:
pominoz said:
As much as a critic of Edin that i have been, lets see what the new boss can get from him for 12 months, if it he is still the same fuck him off.
The only problem with that, is we will have to put up with the Bosnian fanboys for atleast another year :(

Fcuk me, I am getting tired of this 'small-village' mentality on this forum and having to "put up with the Bosnian fanboys". I am sorry for the inconvenience mate but how can City grow as a club on a global stage (as you could clearly hear aspirations are from Khaldoon on his recent interview) without attracting international players who mostly bring their national fanbase with them.

Main reason for Bosnian fanbase being vocal on this forum which apparently annoys you, is the fact that we Bosnians see that our Edin is/was not exploited in the best possible way by his former manger so that he could contribute more and be remembered by fans in the best possible light in the club's history.

It seems fans like you (and many others posting here after sacking of Mancini) are forming decisions primarily using your emotions and your inner gut feeling. What you fail to realize is actual reason(s) for stagnation and underperformance of the whole team. That reason was Mancini's man-(mis)management and wrong team selection/tactics. Luckily owners made the right decision to sack him.

As for me as a Bosnian, I will be here next season with or without Dzeko, and the many seasons after that, following this club and only this club which I started supporting because of Edin.

Good post mate and as fans from all over the world I as a lifelong City fan welcome you, please do stick around and try not to take it too personal reference the insults against Dzeko, if you check most of the player threads you will find criticism against every City player.

I don't think Dzeko did himself any favours in the 2nd half of last season as he seemed to have lost his confidence and put in some really poor performances, saying that we all know he is a confidence player and if he stays I as will all City fans hope he regains that confidence and I feel he could be a plus 20 goals a season player every season. My only critcism as already mentioned is when things are not going right for him or he finds himself not in the starting 11 that when he gets his chance he strains every sinew to do his best for the team, something in a few games I feel he let himself and the team down in.

Anyhow whether Bosnian or from any other part of the world I as will most City fans welcome you and hope you stick with us.

CC1 said:
mcfc_nyc said:
pominoz said:

Please don't think that a few moronic comments on this site reflects the opinion of most TRUE blues. As far as the majority of us are concerned, we WANT new fans and we APPRECIATE new fans. Also, don't believe that all those who purport to be local long term fans have turned up to every match City have ever played....some of our attendance figures in the cup games prior to 2008 prove that these folk only started to turn up themselves once we started to be successful.
We want City to be global, so continue to support us and encourage as many as your friends as you like - but do stick with us if Dzeko goes!!! We true fans would expect nothing less from you!!
The main problem I have is that most of the Bosnians posting on here are only here because of Edin. If (when?) he goes, most of those posters will disappear as well. That, to me anyway, is not being a City fan. I support the club, not any individual within the club. Look at Mancio as an example; he was manic on here while Mario and Bob were at the club. Since they've gone, barely a peep out of him. Sorry, but I will never understand that mentality of following a player from club to club, simply because he comes from your country.

jimharri said:
CC1 said:
mcfc_nyc said:

The main problem I have is that most of the Bosnians posting on here are only here because of Edin. If (when?) he goes, most of those posters will disappear as well. That, to me anyway, is not being a City fan. I support the club, not any individual within the club. Look at Mancio as an example; he was manic on here while Mario and Bob were at the club. Since they've gone, barely a peep out of him. Sorry, but I will never understand that mentality of following a player from club to club, simply because he comes from your country.

True to some degree for ALL clubs but this poster said that his support for City started with Dzeko but he would continue to support City even if he goes. That's how clubs build their support unless we want to stick to Manc only fans which would reduce our attendance somewhat. All the big teams have supporters that could be transient but many of them stick with the club - and this will be true for us - especially for City as the club gets under your skin!!

CC1 said:
mcfc_nyc said:
pominoz said:

THIS ^^^^

jimharri said:
CC1 said:
mcfc_nyc said:

Mancio is banned I think.

CC1 said:
jimharri said:
CC1 said:

True to some degree for ALL clubs but this poster said that his support for City started with Dzeko but he would continue to support City even if he goes. That's how clubs build their support unless we want to stick to Manc only fans which would reduce our attendance somewhat. All the big teams have supporters that could be transient but many of them stick with the club - and this will be true for us - especially for City as the club gets under your skin!!
I have no problem with new fans, but what I don't understand is why don't those who follow City due to Dzeko not support Wolfsburg?

pudge said:
CC1 said:
jimharri said:

I have no problem with new fans, but what I don't understand is why don't those who follow City due to Dzeko not support Wolfsburg?

Maybe they still do - as well as City. I was only referring to the guy above who said he would continue to support City if Dzeko goes and my point is that that is how a club gathers fans globally. Personally, I want our club to have fans from all over the world. It will make my holidays much better when I go into a bar with City shirts on the wall instead of scummy rag tea towels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.