Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
pominoz said:
paulchapo said:
For all his faults the guy will always score goals as he has done while with us.I remember watching him away at Bolton a couple of seasons ago and he was sensational,skill,trickery,pace and power and scoring.He was on fire,scored four goals at Tottenham and was then inexplicably left out of the team and never really hit those heights again.

He still however would come on and score,sometimes pretty important goals too.Now Chelsea are looking at him.I hope he stays and we will see if the new manager can get the best out of him.You can have all the running,skill,workrate etcetera as a forward but your job is to score GOALS and our other forwards haven't done that this year on the whole.If Edin continues to hit the back of the net,maybe more with a different system long may he stay.

349bafs.jpg

I am looking back on what he has done while with us now it looks like he may leave and like it or lump it it WAS inexplicable to drop a player after scoring four goals and i was a Mancini fan.

He isn't perfect and he has put in some dire performances but he will score goals and a different approach may get a lot more out of him.Cavani may be an improvement but we have to get him first.I hope no one is sold until we have the replacements nailed on,or we could end up weakening the squad.

paulchapo said:
pominoz said:
paulchapo said:
For all his faults the guy will always score goals as he has done while with us.I remember watching him away at Bolton a couple of seasons ago and he was sensational,skill,trickery,pace and power and scoring.He was on fire,scored four goals at Tottenham and was then inexplicably left out of the team and never really hit those heights again.

He still however would come on and score,sometimes pretty important goals too.Now Chelsea are looking at him.I hope he stays and we will see if the new manager can get the best out of him.You can have all the running,skill,workrate etcetera as a forward but your job is to score GOALS and our other forwards haven't done that this year on the whole.If Edin continues to hit the back of the net,maybe more with a different system long may he stay.

349bafs.jpg

I am looking back on what he has done while with us now it looks like he may leave and like it or lump it it WAS inexplicable to drop a player after scoring four goals and i was a Mancini fan.

He isn't perfect and he has put in some dire performances but he will score goals and a different approach may get a lot more out of him.Cavani may be an improvement but we have to get him first.I hope no one is sold until we have the replacements nailed on,or we could end up weakening the squad.

He was rested for a Champions League game the following week, if his ego is that delicate he should find another job.

I think the dzeko fans are doing more damage to edin on here than good

I'd like to see him given another change under a different management, but my god these dzeko fans need fucking off!

AntiUnited said:
pominoz said:
mcfc_nyc said:
We became "fanatical" defenders of Edin only when we felt that over longer period of time he started to be unjustly and disproportionally singled out for failures/mistakes and labeled with names that no real City supporter should say about ANY player wearing Blue.

Every single player in our team has been criticised and we have fans from every country that we have players from, none of them carry on like you guys do when "their" player is criticised.
That is the problem.

Kun has not sorry.

He has off me. No better than Dzeko last season. Certainly not a £38m player. However he did have 2011/12 in his bank so the criticism was not as harsh.

Dzeko just doesn't do himself any favours with his efforts when starting.

pominoz said:
paulchapo said:
pominoz said:

He was rested for a Champions League game the following week, if his ego is that delicate he should find another job.

As we all know football is a lot about confidence,particulary with strikers.They also have hot streaks where everything they hit seems to go in and Dzeko was on one and shouldn't have been dropped/rested.The man in form should keep the shirt.

All history now and i agree he has put in some dire performances when it appeared he couldn't give a flying,but top clubs still see something in him and i still think with the right approach/service he will bang in goals.

paulchapo said:
pominoz said:
paulchapo said:

As we all know football is a lot about confidence,particulary with strikers.They also have hot streaks where everything they hit seems to go in and Dzeko was on one and shouldn't have been dropped/rested.The man in form should keep the shirt.

All history now and i agree he has put in some dire performances when it appeared he couldn't give a flying,but top clubs still see something in him and i still think with the right approach/service he will bang in goals.

I agree, but he needs to grow a pair and stop being such a fucking sook.
He is a big guy with talent, he should start using both attributes.

Regarding the comment (from the Bosnian) on Aguero not getting the same amount of criticism as Dzeko; if you look at any of the Argentinian players they can all have shit games (as do the English, French etc) but they put in a shift. Aguero has had a poor season by his standard but when he plays you see that he is trying - in some games it isn't happening - same for Tevez and Zabba but if you see a player giving his all then you accept that. I think the problem with Dzeko is that one game he can score a brilliant goal and he can be a match winner but in the next game he looks like he just doesn't give a shit. If that was because of his relationship with RM then at least try for the fans - after his performance against Spurs you would have thought he already had a transfer deal wrapped up. What frustrates City fans is seeing a 27m player looking like he wanted to be somewhere else and giving up. Sad thing is that we all want him to succeed and know that he's got the talent to bag 25 a season or more.

jknight said:
Regarding the comment (from the Bosnian) on Aguero not getting the same amount of criticism as Dzeko; if you look at any of the Argentinian players they can all have shit games (as do the English, French etc) but they put in a shift. Aguero has had a poor season by his standard but when he plays you see that he is trying - in some games it isn't happening - same for Tevez and Zabba but if you see a player giving his all then you accept that. I think the problem with Dzeko is that one game he can score a brilliant goal and he can be a match winner but in the next game he looks like he just doesn't give a shit. If that was because of his relationship with RM then at least try for the fans - after his performance against Spurs you would have thought he already had a transfer deal wrapped up. What frustrates City fans is seeing a 27m player looking like he wanted to be somewhere else and giving up. Sad thing is that we all want him to succeed and know that he's got the talent to bag 25 a season or more.

said it a thousand times now im not fukin Bosnian (defending dzeko does not mean im Bosnian). but i agree with what u said.

AntiUnited said:
jknight said:

said it a thousand times now im not fukin Bosnian (defending dzeko does not mean im Bosnian). but i agree with what u said.

Apologies - not implying that everyone who defends Dzeko is Bosnain either :-) Like I said we all want him to do well regardless of where he's from - I don't understand the racist accusations on this thread

jknight said:
AntiUnited said:
jknight said:

Apologies - not implying that everyone who defends Dzeko is Bosnain either :-) Like I said we all want him to do well regardless of where he's from - I don't understand the racist accusations on this thread

Neither do i tbh. The only person ive had problems with is the purist Sosa the rest are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.