Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd move him on because I do not feel he is good enough or works hard enough and because we need one new fresh face up front.

I'll be honest and admit I dont know a whole lot about how MP sets up his teams, but I cant help but think with some actual pace in the team, Edin might just surprise a lot of blues if he stays next season.

I'm not buying into the 'he's shit' bollocks because he's not. Hoping that with a bit of direction we might once again see the lad who tore the arse out of the Bundesliga a couple of years ago.

Isco's Disco-biscuits said:
I would have Guidetti ahead of Dzeko. The latter has no first touch, can not hold the ball up, can not make even the simplest of passes, is poor in the air and regularly misses easy chances. Could someone actually explain some of his pluses to me, as I am at a loss trying to think of them on my own.

what are you basing your comment on?have you seen john play?

karen7 said:
I would have Guidetti ahead of Dzeko. The latter has no first touch, can not hold the ball up, can not make even the simplest of passes, is poor in the air and regularly misses easy chances. Could someone actually explain some of his pluses to me, as I am at a loss trying to think of them on my own.

Only his clips on youtube from his season at Feyonoord. However I would be fairly confident he is able to pass to his team mates and control the ball when played to him. This alone would put him ahead of Dzeko, imo.

karen7 said:

Only his clips on youtube from his season at Feyonoord. However I would be fairly confident he is able to pass to his team mates and control the ball when played to him. This alone would put him ahead of Dzeko, imo.

since then john has been very ill and now has a knee injury so although i want him to get a full pre season then be 3rd or 4th striker in first team i would not get rid of ed on the off chance this would happen.ed may be clumsy and sometimes has a poor first touch but he scores goals so unless there is an upgrade available like cavani i think he should stay for now,imo

There is no point in explaining something to you, as everything you wrote in your post is nonsense.

Dzeko is the best striker in City. End of story. Aguero and Tevez may look better sometimes, but they do not score so often (hard fact over the last two years), are often selfish, are small, and have many other weaknesses Dzeko does not.

Why guys like you are ignoring it, well, that's really not my problem :)

Guidetti isn't an option as a replacement to Dzeko - he has no Premiership experience and would need to be brought into the team gradually to assess his capability.

I rate Dzeko as a goalscorer but I question other aspects of his game. Most of all I question most his commitment to the club - particulary in the games towards the end of the season. We can blame all Dzeko's shit performances on Mancini but I think that would be providing him with an easy excuse. We can also blame his shit performances on our team formation and the lack of a direct supply line but that suggests that not only is his play one dimensional but also when things aren't set up perfectly for him he's going to sulk and not give 100%

For me I would prefer a striker who brings more to the team than just goals. On days when it isn't happening I want to see someone working for the team not falling down like Bambi on ice whenever a high ball comes to him or walking around waiting for someone to create something for him. In my heart I really would like Edin to be successful here but my head's telling me this aint going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.