Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
didactic said:
citytill1die84 said:
didactic said:
No Madrid have though.

Madrid have spoke to Isco does that mean he's not interested in us either? If he wasn't interested in us do you really think we'd of been fucking around trying to sign him for 2 years? Does that mean he's not interested in Chelsea either? If Cavani didn't wanna come he'd would've come out and said so by now.

I like your little safe world where everything is cotton wool and ponies. Chelsea is a bigger club than us, Madrid a wayyyyyy more bigger club we are fighting to get there but we are not there yet. If Madrid wants a player over us he will go to Madrid stop deluding yourself. I know the truth is hard to swallow but these players do not have the same allegiance to City we do.

I have to say I completely disagree with you and I find what you say quite worrying. There are few clubs including ourselves and Madrid that are capable of getting players they want primarily because of the level of negotiations and the money that can be put on the table. Ultimately it comes down to the personal preference of the player and the skill and strength of the case put together by the club to convince the player to join the club. Aguero chose to come to city instead of Madrid because we proved to him that we want him more than Madrid did.

Real Madrid has a fantastic history and is indeed a bigger franchise but that does not automatically mean that they will come out on top in every negotiation battle with us. As for Chelsea, I cant believe you can say that as at the moment we are a more attractive club with better prospects and Chelsea has no advantage whatsoever over Manchester City in the negotiation table at this point in time.

It is always good and sensible not to forget who you are as everybody seems to say so it has to be right, right?. Well anyway, its good to not forget who you are, where you came from in terms of the struggles of the past and everything. But in life things change and situations change and Manchester City is in a different situation and is one of the most attractive clubs for players in the world.

We should respect and value the past but also dispel any lingering inferiority complex nurtured from the past, adapt and fully understand and appreciate the current times.

noise said:
sam-caddick said:
There is no doubting on his day Edin can be a formidable striker, but why is it we only see that on the odd occassion?

The pace of the Premier League does not help him, our passing game does not suit him, his build up play with Silva, Nasri, Kun and Tevez is poor and he is almost an undroppable player, the minute you drop him regardless of form he goes to pot. He just does not suit a team that rotates on a consistent basis.

Dzeko's flaws in my opinion are his touch, pace, mobility and work rate, all assests that are needed to be a top class forward in the Premier League, he either needs to significantly work on these or we we still carry on asking questions.

See I honestly don't believe just adding a top winger is going to completely revolutionise Dzeko, the whole system has to change in my opinion, it would have to change to a more direct philosophy silmilar to that of United's.

With Txiki, Ferran and Pellegrini in charge there is no way we will deviate from our possession game, Edin has to adapt to this style of play or he will find himself struggling.

Dzeko is a top class center forward but he does not fit our style of play, and unless he adapts we will look elsewhere for a center forward who has the attributes that can fit our style of play.

You look at Cavani, yes he is expensive, but he has all the attributes to be an upgrade on Edin; better touch, better pace, better mobility and by far better work rate. Obviously paying what Napoli want would be ridiculous, but Cavani is definately for me the type of center forward that would work in our system and be an upgrade on Dzeko.
Somehow you also missed the part where Dzeko was verifiably our best forward this last season. So if Dzeko lacks all those things, let's talk about what Aguero and Tevez lack, because from where I am standing Dzeko is the least of our worries.

Kun had big time family issues and was injured on a regular basis last season, not worried at all with Sergio.

Tevez was played behind the striker last season and not as a main forward as much, he may not score as much as he did but he was by far our most creative and inflential forward last season.

It's quite clear to the eye Edins attributes do not fit our passing style of play, plus you can never drop him because his confidence goes, regardless of whatever form he is in.

Cavani is an upgrade, and if the price is right I would like to him replace him.

didactic said:
citytill1die84 said:
didactic said:
Same reason Mario did not go to Milan, Dzeko to Bayern, Aguero to Madrid and Silva to Barca. Clubs agree with non compete clauses so we are used as a crutch. Our money is there we are not, yet!.

Haha what a load of bollocks. Why did Hazard choose Chelsea over the Rags? the Rags are a waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy bigger club than Chelsea. Most of the time if not all it's who pays the best wages and we're not the highest paying sports club in the world for nothing.

Why didn't he choose us? Chelsea offered the most money and said he would be a starter.

Why did Van Persie choose the scum over us? Stop being blinkered.

Ah Chelsea offered the most money you say? Didn't I just post it's all about who offers the most money? If rumours are true RVP got pissed off waiting for City and now he's on over 200k a week think that's why he's gone. You're the one blinkered mate.

sam-caddick said:
noise said:
sam-caddick said:
There is no doubting on his day Edin can be a formidable striker, but why is it we only see that on the odd occassion?

The pace of the Premier League does not help him, our passing game does not suit him, his build up play with Silva, Nasri, Kun and Tevez is poor and he is almost an undroppable player, the minute you drop him regardless of form he goes to pot. He just does not suit a team that rotates on a consistent basis.

Dzeko's flaws in my opinion are his touch, pace, mobility and work rate, all assests that are needed to be a top class forward in the Premier League, he either needs to significantly work on these or we we still carry on asking questions.

See I honestly don't believe just adding a top winger is going to completely revolutionise Dzeko, the whole system has to change in my opinion, it would have to change to a more direct philosophy silmilar to that of United's.

With Txiki, Ferran and Pellegrini in charge there is no way we will deviate from our possession game, Edin has to adapt to this style of play or he will find himself struggling.

Dzeko is a top class center forward but he does not fit our style of play, and unless he adapts we will look elsewhere for a center forward who has the attributes that can fit our style of play.

You look at Cavani, yes he is expensive, but he has all the attributes to be an upgrade on Edin; better touch, better pace, better mobility and by far better work rate. Obviously paying what Napoli want would be ridiculous, but Cavani is definately for me the type of center forward that would work in our system and be an upgrade on Dzeko.
Somehow you also missed the part where Dzeko was verifiably our best forward this last season. So if Dzeko lacks all those things, let's talk about what Aguero and Tevez lack, because from where I am standing Dzeko is the least of our worries.

Kun had big time family issues and was injured on a regular basis last season, not worried at all with Sergio.

Tevez was played behind the striker last season and not as a main forward as much, he may not score as much as he did but he was by far our most creative and inflential forward last season.

It's quite clear to the eye Edins attributes do not fit our passing style of play, plus you can never drop him because his confidence goes, regardless of whatever form he is in.

Cavani is an upgrade, and if the price is right I would like to him replace him.
Ok so we both agree to give Aguero a pass for a lackluster season due to personal issues and injuries but you say Tevez was by far our most creative forward, how do you explain this?

* clear-cut chances created for others:
Dzeko 7 @ 259 mpccc
Aguero 5 @ 388 mpccc
Tevez 8 @ 301 mpccc

Dzeko created a clear cut chance for others every 259 minutes while Tevez did it every 301 minutes. This on top of also being our most efficient scorer, while getting inconsistent playing time and playing in a system without width (a system which doesn't suit him).

noise said:
sam-caddick said:
noise said:

Ok so we both agree to give Aguero a pass for a lackluster season due to personal issues and injuries but you say Tevez was by far our most creative forward, how do you explain this?

Dzeko 7 @ 259 mpccc
Agyeri 5 @ 388 mpccc
Tevez 8 @ 301 mpccc

Dzeko created a clear cut chance for others every 259 minutes while Tevez did it every 301 minutes. This on top of also being our most efficient scorer, while getting inconsistent playing time and playing in a system without width (a system which doesn't suit him).

Wish you'd take your stats and shove em were the sun dont shine!<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:23 am --<br /><br />
pudge said:
Dzeko will score 0-30 goals next season now we have a winger.

Can't wait.

0-25 max

noise said:
sam-caddick said:
noise said:

Dzeko 7 @ 259 mpccc
Agyeri 5 @ 388 mpccc
Tevez 8 @ 301 mpccc

If Dzeko had played as much as Tevez last season those numbers would be different, stats are flawed because each player plays different amounts of time during the season.

(Tevez played the most amount of games last season at 46, Joe Hart second with 45)

Tevez was our top assists merchant last season.

berniethebusman said:
Wish you'd take your stats and shove em were the sun dont shine!
This would be a great game if we didn't keep the score, am I right?

-- Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 am --

sam-caddick said:
noise said:
sam-caddick said:

Dzeko 7 @ 259 mpccc
Agyeri 5 @ 388 mpccc
Tevez 8 @ 301 mpccc

If Dzeko had played as much as Tevez last season those numbers would be different, stats are flawed because each player plays different amounts of time during the season.

(Tevez played the most amount of games last season at 46, Joe Hart second with 45)

I wholeheartedly agree the stats would be different, even moreso in Dzeko's favor. Or do you think a player magically improves on the bench? This is not a matter of a sample size being too small.

ninjaedit: how would you explain Dzeko's Bundesliga record for the all time best partnership in a season? He's not only known for being a natural finisher, but also for being unselfish and creative. Some are blind to it here, but the stats tell the truth.

noise said:
berniethebusman said:

sam-caddick said:
noise said:

Dzeko 7 @ 259 mpccc
Agyeri 5 @ 388 mpccc
Tevez 8 @ 301 mpccc

I wholeheartedly agree the stats would be different, even moreso in Dzeko's favor. Or do you think a player magically improves on the bench? This is not a matter of a sample size being too small.

its a case of you being deluded.

noise said:
berniethebusman said:

sam-caddick said:
noise said:

Dzeko 7 @ 259 mpccc
Agyeri 5 @ 388 mpccc
Tevez 8 @ 301 mpccc

Rubbish.

Stats mean nothing anyway mate, it is what you see with you eye that matters, and it's quite clear Edin is the weak link in our strike force and an upgrade is needed.

Edin will never be played to his potential with the philosophy we play, his attributes do not suit our game, and his attitide and work rate stink most of the time as well.

Time to move on and get a center forward who suits our play much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.