Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
noise said:
berniethebusman said:
Wish you'd take your stats and shove em were the sun dont shine!
This would be a great game if we didn't keep the score, am I right?

-- Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:29 am --

sam-caddick said:
If Dzeko had played as much as Tevez last season those numbers would be different, stats are flawed because each player plays different amounts of time during the season.

(Tevez played the most amount of games last season at 46, Joe Hart second with 45)

Tevez was our top assists merchant last season.
I wholeheartedly agree the stats would be different, even moreso in Dzeko's favor. Or do you think a player magically improves on the bench? This is not a matter of a sample size being too small.

Rubbish.

Stats mean nothing anyway mate, it is what you see with you eye that matters, and it's quite clear Edin is the weak link in our strike force and an upgrade is needed.

Edin will never be played to his potential with the philosophy we play, his attributes do not suit our game, and his attitide and work rate stink most of the time as well.

Time to move on and get a center forward who suits our play much better.

Now to be fair the stats do say out of all our forwards dzeko is head & shoulders above the rest at almost hitting the corner flag from 5yards in front of goal.

sam-caddick said:
noise said:
berniethebusman said:
Wish you'd take your stats and shove em were the sun dont shine!

sam-caddick said:
If Dzeko had played as much as Tevez last season those numbers would be different, stats are flawed because each player plays different amounts of time during the season.

(Tevez played the most amount of games last season at 46, Joe Hart second with 45)

Tevez was our top assists merchant last season.
I wholeheartedly agree the stats would be different, even moreso in Dzeko's favor. Or do you think a player magically improves on the bench? This is not a matter of a sample size being too small.

Rubbish.

Stats mean nothing anyway mate, it is what you see with you eye that matters, and it's quite clear Edin is the weak link in our strike force and an upgrade is needed.

Edin will never be played to his potential with the philosophy we play, his attributes do not suit our game, and his attitide and work rate stink most of the time as well.

Another one with: "stats are rubish, my subjective opinion is what matters."<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:43 am --<br /><br />
berniethebusman said:
sam-caddick said:
noise said:

Rubbish.

Now to be fair the stats do say out of all our forwards dzeko is head & shoulders above the rest at almost hitting the corner flag from 5yards in front of goal.
Are we shitting on our players now? Let me play, let me play...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZkiSrojas[/youtube]

noise said:
sam-caddick said:
noise said:

Rubbish.

Another one with: "stats are rubish, my subjective opinion is what matters."

No there just easily manipulated and dont give you the full picture.

berniethebusman said:
noise said:
sam-caddick said:
Rubbish.

As opposed to your subjective opinion?

noise said:
berniethebusman said:
noise said:

no my opinion is my opinion im not stating my opinion to be fact your using your stats and saying this proves this point & that proves this point.

berniethebusman said:
noise said:
berniethebusman said:

no my opinion is my opinion im not stating my opinion to be fact your using your stats and saying this proves this point & that proves this point.
We have a difference of opinion, but only one side has the facts to support our claims. Usually when I don't have anything to support my clams I keep my proverbial mouth shut.

People can come up with statistics to prove anything.

Forfty percent of all people know that.

pudge said:
People can come up with statistics to prove anything.

Forfty percent of all people know that.
go back to Bosnia

ninjaedits: it's true people can come up with stats to prove anything, but I didn't come up with any stats a neutral party did and it proves Dzeko is a bomb diggity!

noise said:
berniethebusman said:
noise said:

We have a difference of opinion, but only one side has the facts to support our claims. Usually when I don't have anything to support my clams I keep my proverbial mouth shut.

your facts are tiny facts taken from a much larger set of facts which are variables of other facts.
Your so sure dzeko is this great player? your confident our new manager wont overlook his striking prowess?
i wager a 12month ban from posting on this site (sure the mods could enforce that) dzeko wont score 30goals next season. all club comps, no internationals already given him 4 comps to bag a combined 30.
Accept? Stats say he will right

berniethebusman said:
noise said:
berniethebusman said:

your facts are tiny facts taken from a much larger set of facts which are variables of other facts.
Your so sure dzeko is this great player? your confident our new manager wont overlook his striking prowess?
i wager a 12month ban from posting on this site (sure the mods could enforce that) dzeko wont score 30goals next season. all club comps, no internationals already given him 4 comps to bag a combined 30.
Accept? Stats say he will right
I have no idea what Pellegrini has in mind or that Dzeko will be a ManCity player next season. Why do I need to bet on that to prove Dzeko's worth when the man is already proven with his track record that he's one of the best strikers in Europe.

- Won Bundesliga with a mid to bottom table team. Broke records in the process.
- Ballon d'Or shortlister
- Responsible for a comeback of the biggest victory this team has had in 44 years.
- Best goals per minute striker in Man City
- Only City striker to score 4 against another PL team (spurs)
- Best City League scorer for season 2012/2013
- Top European striker in World Cup Qualifiers with 8 goals in just 6 matches

Anyone looking at this undeniable list would say: "that Dzeko, not bad eh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.