Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far up to last week MP has been doing the job by telephone and seems to me to be on the right track; keeping Brian Kidd as an assistant is the right move with all Kiddo's experience in the EPL, and letting Carlos Tevez go while he still had some value in the market.
Hopefully Edin Dzeko will get more opportunities and better service in a 4 3 3 formation so he can regain the form he showed previously in Germany.
With Gareth Barry and Joleon Lescott both in the final year of their contracts, I would hope MP keeps them around as squad players rather than starters and as cover for injuries.
And as the marketplace activity heats up thru July, lets ignore all the media speculation, and just watch for actual player signings. This week is MP's first day on the job, so lets just let him get on with it, he has lots to do with six weeks to go to the big kick-off.

Then we should all look forward to a change of tactics and formation to a more attacking line-up, to an end of the old favouritism shown to certain players (based on name recognition not form or fitness), and no more lollygagging, and looking to a better blend of star players and promising younger players. I believe this will be the most noticeable improvement leading to better results and more consistency in our form.

AntiUnited said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
AzRim said:
Pudge vs another member - super-quoting coming up for the next 8 pages.

Actually, in the last 250 pages there have only been 6 instances of Pudge v another member stats battles. The first lasted 6 pages and contained 734 words, the next only lasted 5 pages, but contained 917 words, including 247 quoted words from previous posts (i.e. not really new words). The third was the longest at 8 pages and 1160 words, although if you again remove quotes, it's only the second longest at 902. However, taking into account that the 917 word instance also had 247 quoted words, that would still make the third the longest. The fourth included the most individual posters, with 7 separate posters taking part (although some of them could be the same person on more than one account) and the fifth had the most underlinings for emphasis, although it was the shortest at 4 pages, 3 different posters and 397 words. The sixth was the most interesting if you include number of views and the number of posts by each viewer (assuming larger numbers of posts mean a greater interest in Bluemoon topics), although if you only include views and posts on this (or other) Dzeko threads, then the 6th instance actually drops to 3rd place in terms of interest.

Any questions?

[bigimg]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465[/bigimg]

No but seriously lol.. how did u get that kind of info.

Like most of the information on Bluemoon, I made it up... :-)

CaliforniaBlue said:
AzRim said:
Pudge vs another member - super-quoting coming up for the next 8 pages.

Actually, in the last 250 pages there have only been 6 instances of Pudge v another member stats battles. The first lasted 6 pages and contained 734 words, the next only lasted 5 pages, but contained 917 words, including 247 quoted words from previous posts (i.e. not really new words). The third was the longest at 8 pages and 1160 words, although if you again remove quotes, it's only the second longest at 902. However, taking into account that the 917 word instance also had 247 quoted words, that would still make the third the longest. The fourth included the most individual posters, with 7 separate posters taking part (although some of them could be the same person on more than one account) and the fifth had the most underlinings for emphasis, although it was the shortest at 4 pages, 3 different posters and 397 words. The sixth was the most interesting if you include number of views and the number of posts by each viewer (assuming larger numbers of posts mean a greater interest in Bluemoon topics), although if you only include views and posts on this (or other) Dzeko threads, then the 6th instance actually drops to 3rd place in terms of interest.

Any questions?
Fuckin Lol....... Ha ha ha ha ha ! :-)

So, let's polarise this thread a bit more :-)

SO FAR, with all the goals, slumps, but also playing a big part in bringing in two trophies to the club - if Dzeko was to be sold this summer, would YOU evaluate his career at City as a) success, b) failure, c) somewhere in between.

Tough question, but I personally am going with a).
If Roberto had a goal to win the title, got Dzeko to help him, Dzeko did (whether some like it or not) - goal reached??

wont be surprised if his transfer gets drawn out all summer and is sold before the end of the window. plenty of ppl will be looking come august(napoli, liverpool, chelsea) as options are thin right now and im sorry but if we can get anywhere close to what we gave wolfsburg we should just move on. theres been no mention of a contract extension which needs to happen and his attitude towards the end of last season was it for me. if he stays great, if not well then best of luck

EaglesFan said:

SO FAR, with all the goals, slumps, but also playing a big part in bringing in two trophies to the club - if Dzeko was to be sold this summer, would YOU evaluate his career at City as a) success, b) failure, c) somewhere in between.

If Roberto had a goal to win the title, got Dzeko to help him, Dzeko did (whether some like it or not) - goal reached??

Personally B somewhere between B and C if only because so many people on this forum have repeatedly reiterated he can be/will be amazing and it's never happened on a consitant basis. However looking purely at figures he's done well for himself, it's just unlike other players when Dzeko has a bad game it's like he's been attacked by those aliens in Space Jam his levels of terrible are so extensive.

EaglesFan said:

That example would apply more to Mancini's time here being a success/failure/somewhere in between more than it would Dzeko's imo.

I'm sure Dzeko's aim was to be a regular starter and continue his Bundesliga goal scoring record along with winning trophies so I would say C.

But I'm pudge so I obviously mean B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.